Universal Runic Rampage (by Crescent Moon)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JoshCM, Nov 1, 2017.

1. DctrElectro

DctrElectro New Member

Nov 3, 2017
    Hey Johnny, I am feeling the same.. it is the only chance to improve. If you want you can check out a preview of the soundtrack on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H60-Vq9t2sg

@Mrwubbs, @Ol Sloppy
    Oh thank you! :)

2. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Hey DctrElectro,

Thanks for listening! Love games with MFI support, but the on screen HUD kind of takes away from the experience. Played on my 7+ then got the new iPhone, sure it will look great when updated!

3. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    anktger crescent moon hit. Well worth the money as always

4. matyou98

matyou98 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    So Johnnyclash

1. Purchased the game and supported the dev
    2. Stated what he didnt like about it.
    3. Got a long response from TA staff saying the game is great, don't post negative stuff in this thread.

I guess I'm cool with that, after all I'm lucky enough to have a place to type this comment....right?

5. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013

To be fair I dont see TA staff quoting Johnnyclash. I think it was for everyone in general saying some people like the game and people should respect their opinion too. Might be wrong here though "shrugs"

6. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    My take on it was that Jared may have been in a bad mood, having a bad day, or he loves this game so much that he will defend it at all costs, lol. I'm totally fine with people posting their impressions even if they are negative. Helps us create better games. Only thing I do say that will help us constructive criticism is best, try not to be mean, that doesn't help anyone (not pointing any fingers)

7. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Please do not put words in my mouth. At no point in time has anybody said not to post negative stuff about the game. The fact that there's plenty of negative criticism in this very thread that you're replying to shows a serious lack of intelligence on your part. My comment had nothing to do with JohnnyClash's comment. Again, the flow should go:

Read>comprehend>post

You're doing everyone a disservice by ignoring that second step.

That's correct. Perhaps I should have quoted him but my comment was specifically addressing this part of Ghostdog's comment:

While I don't think it was intentional, this to me came off as implying that the positive comments about the game were disingenuous. I posted all the reasons I enjoy this game as a way to show it's not simply people saying they like something for no reason.

8. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    It was pretty clear, initally, that Jared was not just a fanboy, and that he really did enjoy the game for what it has to offer. I do think he gets a bit too edgy sometimes around here, and maybe even hurts peoples feelings a bit with his harsh style of moderating. Big deal, it’s not the end of the world - at least I hope not..

As for the game, now that I quit dieing every 2 seconds and found an enjoyable way to spam some of these special moves, it’s growing on me too. I enjoy the short game bursts and opening the chests at the end of the rounds.

I’m no hater. If you look at my comment history, It’s not uncommon for me to be getting all lovey and gushy over some ftp junk that I will delete in a week, while other people are chiming in saying how it’s the ‘game from hell’ or something.

Would I buy this one again? Yes, easily.. it’s a great price point with a lot of content, and totally free of iaps. I’m always open to that.

9. Ryzaerian

Ryzaerian Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2017
    I liked it.

I enjoyed this game, as evidenced by the fact that I actually finished it.

It was a bit short perhaps, but I’d be willing to shell out a few more bucks for an expansion,

P.S. FLUID STICKS in the future. Never static. Never.

P.P.S. Is there any point at all to the Scepter?

I rated 5 stars, but I’m not sure if it worked, because these forums run on a Commodore 64.

10. DctrElectro

DctrElectro New Member

Nov 3, 2017
    I am working already on a detached analog stick. Update is coming.
    The Scepter unlocks the "King" achievement - its expensive.. and pretty useless.. like all luxury items ;)

Best, Alex

11. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    hello, how's the loot in this game?

12. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Any advice on skills and weapons to focus on? I'm mid-way through act 2 and just unlocked the venom rune and the second armor set. Are armor sets just cosmetic or are later ones better?

13. DctrElectro

DctrElectro New Member

Nov 3, 2017
    @maxbrickem
    After you complete a level you will find loot inside a chest.
    You can unlock and upgrade magic spells and weapons with gold through an upgrade system.

@Unstablefan
    They are cosmetic.

The game is centered around the action in the level - how skilled you play - and the campaign ..so it intentionally shifts it focus away from stats. I know that from the look one could expect a Diablo-like game but it is more of a Gauntlet - a Dungeon Brawler where you can have some good time smashing trolls ;)

14. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Thanks for the reply, game creator.
    I have purchased the game and am enjoying it thus far. I do prefer loot drops from enemies, but playing it "gauntlet" style makes it more enjoyable. Good job on the game, can't believe it was a one-man team that made this.
    Also, great sound track.

15. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Just updated with X support