Universal RunGunJumpGun (by Gambitious Digital Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by diffusion8r, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Besides rotation this game needs a quick restart button. It's cool that you automatically go to the beginning when you die. The problem is that when I'm trying to collect all the atomiks, and miss some, I have to immediately kill myself before I hit a checkpoint to try again to get them. If this is not possible then I'm stuck at the checkpoint unless I pause, switch to a different stage, then switch back. Very annoying. This game is awesome and once those two issues are addressed, it's right next to super meat boy as a modern platforming classic.

2. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Ya, having some sort of perfection setting that automatically restarts a level if you miss an atomik.

3. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Hey that's right ! Good idea !

4. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    It says "prepare for death" :eek:
    Seems to be a long level with 30 atomiks to collect but no checkpoint.

Attached Files:

5. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    If I tried to play this while tripping, I probably wouldn't make it past the menu, lol. If I actually made it into the game, the insane coordination required to play it would either freak me out and I would just sit there endlessly dying over and over in and endless time loop...or I would pull a Neo and end up getting the all-time universe high score, while also learning 33 languages, mastering Krav Maga, and doing my taxes. Could go either way. #

All of this of course depends on if I can actually read my phone well enough to decipher the melting and bleeding icons on my home screen. The app names would be turning into an alien language that I can only vaguely compare to Mandarin or Ancient Egyptian. Even then, there is a full possibility that the phone could have already melted through your body, through your soul, and into oblivion. I probably wouldn't even have a clue as to what the concept of a phone is.

Now THAT is what it would feel like... #

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I've been too busy over the last week to actively post on the forums (which sucks because this week has been incredible), but I couldn't NOT ask if anyone has experienced the following:

A game freezing bug at one of the introductory messages in the first 10 levels of the game which can't be remedied until you hard reset your device. Locking my screen only caused the phone to be COMPLETELY unresponsive and before I had it locked, the mumbling by the first villain wouldn't stop, like my device had been possessed.

To say I instadeleted the game and lost all progress would be understatement of the century. :/

7. Deckard74

Deckard74 Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Jeez going from Mikey Jumps saccharine-coated world to this dystopian sensory overload was slightly jarring I will say chaps! But damn is it a full-on rockhard challenge. If Alan Moore was a game designer in a parallel universe then this would be his opus, definite 2000AD vibes here. This one will take some cracking for sure!

8. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    #48 skylined87, Nov 14, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    Damn...nah I haven't experienced that yet. Sounds ominous...don't get sucked into the grid dude! Light cycles may sound fun, but you better damn well be good at it! #

Hopefully the devs can fix that...

9. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
  10. xzamplezz

xzamplezz Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Overall, this is a great game! No complaints, really.

But, I can't help but feel that the two button system is pointless. All you needed was to have the gun shoot forward at all times, then hold the button to shoot down.

If you want to keep the two button system, I'd have more of a functional difference between pressing nothing, and pressing the shoot forward button.

Examples: Shooting forward slows you down a bit, or not shooting lets your character fall slower.

Giving the game a functional difference to not-shooting would make it deeper. Giving it a one button system would make it slightly simpler. Either would be an improvement, if you ask me.

11. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    This ^^

loving this game, everything about it.. it's tough as nails but fair

12. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #52 Qwertz555, Nov 16, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    I had similar thoughts in the beginning, but if some of those loose falling sawblades didn't kill you already, by unnecessarily shooting too many of them, you'll get what you're asking for on the third planet - Windmills.
    The not-shooting becomes very deep, phew. After a few hours in the game, i consider now the first planet as "a walk in the park" ;)

Edit: my sent email to the Devs was never answered, five days now.

13. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    How do you check Game Center within the game? Is it even doable? I couldn't figure it out...

14. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Ha, I can't figure it out. I don't think it's possible.

15. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Thanks bud :)

16. o0oJAKEo0o

o0oJAKEo0o Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Full-Time Student
    KCMO
    Not sure if it's been mentioned here but on a lot of levels it makes it so much easier if you hold down the shoot button and then tap the jump button as needed while holding shoot.

17. jameslavis

jameslavis Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
    This is gold. Was skeptical at first of this but it's true. This technique worked like a charm

18. walruseater

walruseater New Member

Mar 2, 2016
    I am absolutely in love with this game. I have gotten all collectibles so far (up to level 60) which is pretty insane considering I've died 300+ times on some levels

19. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Very impressive!#

20. walruseater

walruseater New Member

Mar 2, 2016
    Thank you!
    Everything is so well done & perfectly suited for mobile, imo