Universal Runestone Keeper (By Cimu)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Royce, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Lohengriehn

Lohengriehn Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    I lost my game progresses too. It happened right after the update earlier this morning. Ill adjust my rating from 5 to 2 stars now. Loosing game progresses is a no go.

And I have the feeling, the loss of progress may be intended. if I would have bought the first characters as inapps instead of achieving thrm by playing I could simply restore them now....see?

2. Roleki

Roleki Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    I'd be all over this if it was universal...

3. Tone1978

Tone1978 Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Awesome ! New update just now makes it universal sweet!!

4. Roleki

Roleki Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    This ⤴️

5. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Installed on my phone. I don't want to sound picky but I am hoping for a portrait option one day.
    Like the game board can still be in the middle with your bars and info on the bottom and backpack and weapons and whatnot on the top, or some similar setup...

6. Hard_Squirrel

Hard_Squirrel Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2012
    I second this. As a commuter mobile player, portrait is much preferred as i rarely get a seat on my 1 hour journey. I'll get this if they release it in portrait.

7. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I'm confused. I don't see the player character on the board? (on the screenshots and video).

8. Roleki

Roleki Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    I agree, portrait would make this legendary!
    At the moment, it's only freakin' awesome - I love the attention to detail, the artwork and the music - what more can I say?!

9. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    At first I felt guilty for liking it so much because it feels like a Dungelot clone (never played Desktop Dungeons), but I admit I'm addicted even though it's so hard I don't feel like I'm making any progress...if they just fix those spelling errors it'd be perfect.
    How does your character actually gain experience? I know it's a rogue like but whenever I look at the hero's stats it looks like exp should be carried over?

10. Tone1978

Tone1978 Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
    I agree it does feel like I'm
    Not getting anywhere too lol

11. Den Den

Den Den Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Been playing this for a couple of days and I'm addicted.

What is the difference between normal, nightmare and chaos? Is it just the difficulty or is there something else to it?

I'm playing on an iPad mini 2 and it is sometimes hard to click/press stuff, as if it wasn't registering correctly.

12. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    If there were a guarantee that no consumable IAP & that all things will always be available by playing the game I'd be all over this!!! I know what is there is entirely optional & can be unlocked through play (can someone confirm that for the scrolls) but giving s taste of IAP sometimes leads to it going free with more IAP.

13. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    People not wanting to pay the upfront cost in the first place are why games end up going free with more IAP.

14. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Good point for most cases. Can you confirm that the scrolls are also in-game, not only IAP?

15. asuanda

asuanda Member

Nov 5, 2012
    This game is amazing. I have been looking for a game that is similar to dungeon raid, and this deliver. No story, dungeon, equipment, skill, roguelike, difficult, etc. This game needs more exposure.

16. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    I got this to see if it scratches my Desktop Dungeons itch on iPhone. The results have been... mixed.

A minor nitpick is that the art isn't very consistent or appealing. I like good pixel art but it's just not done right here, there's a lot of inconsistency with fonts and the overall design. The inventory screen is a good example of this.

The gameplay itself isn't as engaging or as suspenseful as DD. It comes across as a bit generic. I do like the certain features like the ability to easily compare items in the inventory screen, but overall it doesn't give an overall sense of balance with runs widely depending what items/terrain objects you come across and your luck in avoiding things like spikes.

Will definitely be testing it further and I may change my opinion later on, but as it stands I still really wish there was a way to play DD on ip.

17. chaixl

chaixl New Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Universal version is available now.

18. kevin_park

kevin_park Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Student
    Singapore
    why no iphone? hm... please faster make it

19. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    It's been available for iphone for months.

20. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    More like *a* month. The universal update came out on December 15th.