iPhone RuneSpell Overture (by Mystic Box)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jan 28, 2015.

1. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Yeah, I've been enjoying this game a lot. My guess why there aren't more comments here is because it's iPad only.

2. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I like to game on my 6 plus over my iPad is why I am not commenting here :(

3. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    No online multiplayer ###

4. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    I Would Love to To try this :/

5. uFinKnow

uFinKnow Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2014
    Saw this on release then I forgot. thanks for reminding me. Grabbing it now. cheers

6. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Really enjoying this. The chest bug is a minor irritation so far, but if addressed, flawless. Art, visuals, atmosphere and dialogue reminiscent of banner saga. AI can be tough, and luck is a factor, but even general understanding of poker should allow for progression through the missions, not to mention effective use of abilities. Cheers.

7. runesnatcher

runesnatcher New Member
    Patreon Silver

May 11, 2014
    I picked this up a few days ago and I am loving it. Never played it before, and don't care if it is a port - it is awesome on iPad. Great production value, fun play mechanics just outstanding. Good tip on the auto save though...burned me too.

Great work!

8. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    With ipa edit this can be played on 6+ but you'll want to use a bit of zoom. Would be great if they upscaled text and got it to iPhone. Neat game so far but I've only played a bit.

9. Muppetpuppet

Muppetpuppet Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2013
    Applied Game Developer
    Amsterdam
    RUNESPELL is FREE for 48 hours until the 18th of july

Its free

10. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Recommend thoroughly

11. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Wow. I'm not easily impressed but this title has definitely done so, and then some.

I love poker and it's very much like puzzle quest except a poker game as the meat. The music and production values are very high. I got it free but would have paid for it for sure, it's worth it.

12. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    This is a nice surprise find. Lots of depth and tactical decision making....The tutorial is very clear and easy to understand.

13. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Pretty sad I missed out. It was supposed to be free until midnight tonight but here I am at 9:30 pm and no free.

14. The Son of Anarchy

The Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Why be sad? You haven't missed out at all, you'll find it where it's always been, just with a price on it now. And It's worth it too cause it's a great game :)

@Developers - I'm probably on my third playthrough (keep forgetting to manually save) and have come across a possible bug. When creating a pair to open a treasure chest, I finish the pair and it shows 8 attack, then I press attack. The little attack sign disappears but no attack happens, and my pile of 5 cards just stays there useless for the rest of the game. Happened twice now. Hope I've given enough info to be of some help.

15. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    I bagged it for free, but I would definitely pay for it!

16. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Don't be a troll. It was said to be free until a certain time, and it wasn't. No one said it wasn't worth the asking price, but I am in no financial situation at the moment to be dropping money on games however great they are. I'm not angry, and sad was maybe the wrong word. But I am a little disappointed.

17. Carabak

Carabak Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Got my eye on this but not if that gold-chest bug is too annoying. Be great to hear any more recommendations/otherwise.

18. countBasil

countBasil Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 30, 2012
    Love, love, LOVE this!

Fantastic strategy game! I'm finally learning the order of poker hands while trying to make the best combos and prevent the enemy from doing the same.

My kingdom for:
    * Pass-and-play mode!
    * iPhone version! (especially for the Plus series :) )

I would be delighted to pay an in-app purchase fee for pass-and-play. This is too great not to be able to play with my wife!

I see you haven't updated this in a long time, but any chance you'd consider it??

19. countBasil

countBasil Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 30, 2012
    Why does the Rune of Unmaking indicate it will do 10 damage but does hundreds of points of damage to the Tutelary Warden?

It does say 10 "thunder" damage--is the Tutelary Warden particularly susceptible to thunder?