iPad "Rune Memory" - News

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ThomasP, Apr 12, 2009.

1. ThomasP

ThomasP Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2009
    Artist/Developer
    MI, USA
  2. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    i grabbed this game when it was free.
    really nice graphics (when we are talking about memory card game) and sounds.

but there are no setting options? and only one rune?

3. ThomasP

Mar 29, 2009
    Artist/Developer
    MI, USA
    The game was never free. Not sure if you perhaps mixing it up with another game? As for runes, there are 24 and then there are also different colors (3).

Thomas

4. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    i grabbed this one when it was free:

Item Number Description Unit Price

1 Rune Memory, v1.0, Seller: Thomas Pasieka (4+)
    Write a Review Report a Problem Free

Subtotal: $0.00
    Tax: $0.00
    Order Total: $0.00

5. TRIPLE BEAM DREAM

TRIPLE BEAM DREAM Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Door County
    Same here I got it for free

6. ThomasP

Mar 29, 2009
    Artist/Developer
    MI, USA
    You guys are talking about the promo codes I gave away?

Thomas

7. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    #7 The Bat Outta Hell, Apr 12, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
    This game is amazing. Idc if you hate memory games, just get it. You won't regret it.

The music is top-notch surprisingly, and the runes are cool, as well as the 3d little butterfly that flies around. The music is tied to me with hero of spartas, and beats zen bound's.

8. ThomasP

Mar 29, 2009
    Artist/Developer
    MI, USA
    Thanks for your comment! Great to hear that you enjoy it so much!!

Thomas

9. ThomasP

Mar 29, 2009
    Artist/Developer
    MI, USA
  10. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Never seen one person, never mind two people, confuse receiving a promo code for a game with that game being free at some point. Especially a game released only 10 days earlier (if AppShopper is correct).

Anyways, I agree with The Bat Outta Hell, this one is fantastic and worth a look even if your not a memory match fan. The music and the game environment are simply amazing and fit perfectly.

11. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    A relaxing and mellowing experience

Rune Memory is a simple, relaxing game that doesn’t try to be everything to everyone. It has a single objective: provide a simple, yet challenging pick-up-and-play memory game. Besides the use of Rune characters which is a medieval alphabet, the game offers an original soundtrack that you can either listen while playing a game or for leisure. Using headphones is something I recommend when playing this game or just listening because it has a very calming effect.

The gameplay itself is basic. There are 24 different runes presented on a 20 tile board. These are presented in a garden setting surrounded by flowers and even a fluttering butterfly. At the bottom of the screen, is Reset Game button, Timer, and Best Time. The different runes combined with different colors adds a slight challenge to the game, but the intent is to create a casual game that you can play with a few minutes here and there. If anything, it’s an elegant presentation.

Something I would like to see in a future update is primer on what each of runes mean or symbolize in the runic alphabet. The runes themselves are interesting enough that I would want to know the meaning or the symbolism behind each. The majority of games tend to be highly competitive or action packed for that adrenaline rush, but it’s always a good idea to have at least one game or app that you can play that has the opposite and mellowing effect. If you’re looking for one, Rune Memory is a good choice. Better yet, you can try out the lite version that was just released this week, and find out for yourself.

12. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    After trying the lite version, I ended up buying the full. At $2 now, it was about a dollar more than I wanted to spend, especially considering that I already have "Memory 3D" which is also a rune matching game! Don't get me wrong; It's not that I don't think this game is worth its new asking price, just personally, I was expecting the $0.99 to still be in place, so that's where my mind was.

Anyway, I'm overall pleased with the presentation here. The load time is looong. For this type of game, of which I have a handful already, a quick load time is a major plus. The other thing I'm not crazy about is the timer that counts down to the, what, millisecond? It's so distracting, and seems counter to the "relaxing" nature of the game. Maybe a regular timer could be put in place, and you can just show final scores out a couple decimal points for the competitive folks.

I also agree with Albie that I was kind of hoping to have a sort of Rune map or something.

Overall, it's a nice game that I'm sure I'll continue to enjoy.

13. ThomasP

Mar 29, 2009
    Artist/Developer
    MI, USA
    Thanks Albie and HJJ,

Appreciate your thoughts and comments on Rune Memory. It's great to see that even a simple game as a memory game can be fun. I had a lot of people tell me that they actually don't care much about memory games but loved and enjoyed "Rune Memory". They even play it every day now. That's quite cool and makes me happy.

Once again... thanks for the input/review guys!

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=310747543&mt=8

Thomas

14. The Bat Outta Hell

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Thanks for the review big albie, I hope you opened a lot of peoples eyes to this gem.

15. ThomasP

Mar 29, 2009
    Artist/Developer
    MI, USA
    I am hoping with ya Bat :p

Thomas

16. The Bat Outta Hell

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    I don't think the word "memory" attracts people... Maybe next time put in parenthesis, "Big Albie liked it!"

17. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    It's meant to be a casual relaxing game with nothing too complicated to learn or figure out. If that's what you're looking for, then this is the perfect game for that.