Universal Run-A-Whale (By Guillaume Loquin)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, May 11, 2017.

1. boshek

boshek Member

Jul 19, 2014
    It is a bit confusing. If you listen to the seagull sounds, there is a bumping sound. They can be bumped when _you_ are in the water, when you are sliding on a pier, or when you are in the air. Although it doesn’t say it, I’m pretty sure that the only bumps that count are when you are in the air, flying. If you haven’t gotten to that part, you won’t be able to do it. If you know the place I mean, then you can see if you have gotten 1 of 3 bumps or 2 of 3 next to that task in the level. It is a bit hard, and the developer has said that he is adjusting the flying controls for the next update. I have gotten to like them the way they are, but more seagulls to bump would be nice.

2. boshek

boshek Member

Jul 19, 2014
    OOOHH! The hearts are the BOSS’S lives! I thought they were MY LIVES! What’s confusing is that sometimes if you get hit or crash into a box when you are under water you don’t die, and sometimes you do die! It does seem kind of random for what causes the round to end, unless you get speared by a claw, and then you are definitely dead. I didn’t get it right away after what you wrote, and it won’t easy, but numerous quick deaths are better than much longer attempts that always fail. Still, it would be worth it, if after a long grind, the boss fell backwards into the chasm.

3. boshek

boshek Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Some Strangeness

1. This morning the lobster boss had lost 2 lives and then I thought I had died. I *think* I kept my finger pressed on the screen, though I looked away and then I heard the bell that I had defeated the boss! I didn’t SEE it happen! #DumbLuck I have a suspicion that there might be another way to defeat him...
    2. LEVEL 16-If seagulls are white and pelicans are blue... then I am SURE that the way I bounced on 3 seagulls was by bouncing on 3 pelicans! I know, because I would pause and check the pause screen count, and it stayed at zero when I bounced on seagulls.
    3. LEVEL 17- Here the task is to bounce on 2 or three boats. I KNOW that when I bounced on the pink bouys (?) in that early task that I could only get 2 of three bounces. The way I got it (accidentally) was by bouncing on 3 boats! So there are bouy-like things with a pointy top which I can’t bounce on. There are ball-like bouys (?) - the early ones have spiked bottoms (top and bottoms can be reversed later on) and there are boats with sails, and boats without sails. (sigh) That’s how this poor mind sees it. #confused

4. boshek

boshek Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Village and chasm super-imposed image

Firstly, on level 17, boats were boats. Good.
    On Level 18, as I slid through the village it turned into the chasm. Hummm... too much hassle to send image to you here. I will post it now on twitter.

5. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    Does this still require os 10.0? My iPad mini only goes to 9.74.

6. zeca1234

zeca1234 Active Member

Dec 6, 2015
    Please how can i kill boss level 15???
    Anyone help me??

7. soulsearcher

soulsearcher Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Hi guys ..I'm on level 27 .. I need to purchase "panty hat" to clear the level .. but I couldn't find "panty hat" in the shop?

8. 80Frac

80Frac New Member

May 26, 2017
    engineering student
    Bath
    Very addicted. I love this game, great graphics ;)

9. boshek

boshek Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Horizontal Cannon shot

After traversing an entire ice field, the artillery man shoots the cannon horizontally instead of up and my whale crashes. I love the artillery man animation, but in this case, there was none.