Universal Run-A-Whale (By Guillaume Loquin)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, May 11, 2017.

1. BC1377

BC1377 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    Found a glitch, it happens when you wearing a shell and getting into the cannon, everything is so mess up after that xD

2. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    On Level 12 and trying to get 50 coins while flying. When a cannon shows up (this occurs rarely), there is a scarcity of coins that I've come across. It's all the luck of the draw when it comes to encountering at least 50 coins. The most I've collected is 31. However, even after bouncing on airborne pelicans and getting an extra lift and air time, no coins were to be seen. How are players to meet this requirement when cannons rarely show up and when I'm (finally) in the air, we have very little control over when we see the coins. The game should facilitate meeting the requirements needed to level up. If players are required to fly and gather coins, then provide sufficient opportunities to fulfill this ask. For example, if I played Level 12 20 times but only come across cannons 3 times, the chance to meet this ask is skewed against me. Add to that, the fact, that once airborne, we can't locate coins and can make very limited in-flight adjustments, this presents even longer odds that work against me. At this point, the game becomes more about luck than skill. @namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);.entry{background-color:white!important}

3. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #43 Qwertz555, May 16, 2017
    Last edited: May 16, 2017
    The slide mission (2000/4000) will be done when it's done, but maybe update the expected distance.

Edit: it's 4000

If you add yellow to the Ponton, everybody knows what to do without asking a dictionary, lol.

Edit: i didn't fall on a ponton, but i received a mission complete? Only the yellow trampoline could be a ponton, that's what i understand after asking the dictionary.

@ coledaddy
    My observation is to fall first for quiet a bit. This reveals some coin swarms. Sometimes. And yep, this wasn't an easy task for me, too.

Attached Files:

4. GuybrushT.

GuybrushT. Active Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Paris
    Thanks you so much guys!

I'm fixing all these bugs for the next update!

5. cih

cih Member

May 12, 2017
    Lovely little game, I like the aestetics but —no disrespect to the dev— typography and menu design leave a lot to be desired and I think a rethinking of those areas could make the game look a lot better. Gameplay-wise, I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

6. GuybrushT.

GuybrushT. Active Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Paris
    haha yeah, it's a real job and i'm so bad at it! i will think about it, thanks!

7. GuybrushT.

GuybrushT. Active Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Paris
    Thanks and sorry for the bad translation (grrrr, i paid for that) how would you call this wooden deck in German?

8. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    I would have understood Holzbrücke.

One of mission 22 is called "dive/ride under 3 pontons", i always had to pause the game to see after which obstacle my counter went up by one.

PS: money back and never hire that person again.

Exactly these are the reasons why i totally dislike german translations, and when developers don't give us the option to change the language ourself.

9. GuybrushT.

GuybrushT. Active Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Paris
    V1.01 submited to Apple, thanks for your precious help! :cool:

Guillaume.

10. soulsearcher

soulsearcher Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    #50 soulsearcher, May 20, 2017
    Last edited: May 21, 2017
    I'm on level 10 now ... it seems that I have a glitch on "bounce on 3 buoys in a row"? No matter how I bounce (i.e. bouncing under or on top), the counter won't be updated/counted.

p/s: I'm playing with the latest version.

11. GMTM

GMTM New Member

May 20, 2017
    Wow, the graphics are absolutely beautiful in this game. It's definitely worth checking out.

12. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Say, when's that Android version gonna be ready? I wanna play this one!

13. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    I'm off to finish this game, level 28, going for the last boss fight on level 30.
    Thanks for the update.

The good...
    - No loss of any data.
    - Playing with Korsar/corsair hat works now. No crashes anymore.
    - Looks like there are more coin swarms when flying and way more canons along the road.

The bad...
    - The (already bought) prices were gone, but after playing a round and going back to the menu, they are visible again.
    - Switching the pause button holds only as long as you're playing/replay. Going to the menu or reloading the game switches the button back to the left, always.

14. ColeDaddy

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Bumping the seagulls has been very difficult for me. anyone have tips?

15. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    This has been one of the best runners ever.

16. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    Maybe...some of them sit on those little wooden boxes and are facing the left side. They always fly to the left as well (and vice versa). Jump over the box and mostly you hit them. Adjust your jumps since they vary a bit. You don't jump as high when you were on the ground for two seconds (or so). I think you know what i mean.

Found a bug...
    This happened three times now, always coming from the canon when i flew over the waterfalls to land in no water...

Attached Files:

17. boshek

boshek Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Players reaching level 15

I hope that lots of you are now enjoying Run-a-Whale like me. It's fantastic! Anyone beat the boss on level 15? I have dodged countless boxes and barrels and claws, but I don’t see a way to attack/kill the lobster boss! Does he fall into the chasm? It seems like I dodge for days till I finally lose my concentration and die and it’s starting to get frustrating. Advice anyone?

18. zeca1234

zeca1234 Active Member

Dec 6, 2015
    The game is AMAAAZING

19. GuybrushT.

GuybrushT. Active Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Paris
    Hey guys,

Thanks a lot for all the bug reports and comments! You save me a lot of time and hassle :eek:
    Someone finally beat my best score! congrats to him!

@Qwertz555 congrats for finishing the game and thanks for the feedbacks! I fixed everything for the next update.

@Jayg2015 @zeca1234 thanks!

@ColeDaddy i hope you finished this objective, it should not be that difficult if you jump over barrels.

@boshek thanks! yeah, my bad if it's not that clear :/ i'm working on this boss right now. i know it's not that obvious but did you try to jump on the crab's claw?

@bigrand1 soon :)

Cheers,

Guillaume.

20. ColeDaddy

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Hi Guy,@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);.entry{background-color:white!important}

Nope, I'm stuck. Whenever I try to jump over the barrels the seagulls are spooked and fly away. I rarely bump a seagull.