Rules for posting games

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by thenewandy, Dec 23, 2020.

1. thenewandy

thenewandy Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Male
    Hi all, I've just got my first iOS game into the app store, and being a tiny operation (i.e. just myself, and the friend I paid to do the artwork), it is also up to me to do all the business admin/marketing (stuff which I am not particularly fond of or gifted at). Because of my desire to avoid having to think about international tax law, my game is currently only in the Australian and US App Stores (Australian because that is where I live, and US because you have to do all of the tax stuff for the US anyway).

I'm looking at the rules thread: https://toucharcade.com/community/threads/how-to-post-ios-games-on-the-toucharcade-forums-please-read.303736/ and not quite sure what to do here. Should I follow the instructions for worldwide availability, but tag the post with [US,AU]?

Any advice is appreciated.

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Since this is not a beta test, yes — just start a thread in the iPhone/iPad Games forum and add the bracketed country label to the title. Be prepared to get complaints, though — lots of folks here from outside of those regions.

3. thenewandy

thenewandy Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Male
    Fair enough. If I had complaints, then that would imply that there was demand, which would be a fun surprise for me :)

Thanks for the advice