Universal Rule with an Iron Fish (by Kestrel Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Techzamazing, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Kestrel Games

Kestrel Games Active Member

Ouch, sorry about that! There's an issue with the chests the pets dig up in town which sometimes steals your gold. Don't open them for now and you should be okay.

2. knokking

knokking Member

Mar 1, 2015
    I really enjoyed this game, been playing most of the day beat the kraken and got 102 Fish already.. Just struggling with the last 6.. Anyone got lucky on the penguin yet? All in all a very pleasant experience highly polished and very funny dialogues 10/10

3. coloncruncher

coloncruncher Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2016
    Oh, that is exactly what happened! It wasn't a big deal, time to fish more to get it back!

4. Avatre

Avatre Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013

Well yeah, I can play it zoomed but it ruins the whole thing for me. Still, if I knew for sure whether the iPad support will come with a universal update or as a separate app, I could still play it for now.

5. Kestrel Games

Kestrel Games Active Member

Hi all, exciting news! We just got featured on the Canadian app store! Thanks for helping make it happen!

The current list of known bugs is here. We want to get the fixes out to you guys as soon as possible, and have a patch in internal testing. Thanks for understanding :)

Native iPad support will come soon after that as a universal app. If anyone who's iPad-only would like to help test the build, please drop me a PM.

6. OrangeKnickers

OrangeKnickers Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2013
    That sounds all great!! Hopefully the game will turn out successful for you!! I've already had five more than entertaining hours with it, and surely more to come. (And secretly hope for content updates in the future, would gladly pay for that!)

7. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Great game! I've always liked the Animal Crossing, etc fishing subgame and I'm really enjoying this presentation. Thanks also for making it premium; I far prefer pay once, either up front or via IAP.

I am a little ashamed to say that even if it were crappy, which it most definitely is not, I'd have bought it anyway to reward you for the title of the game.

8. MrGreed

MrGreed Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    #68 MrGreed, Jun 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    I would pay another $5 for more content i really love this game

Relaxing, easy, RPG elements, fishing, home decorating (wish there was more of this)

This deserves alot more attention why hasnt there been an article written on the front of TouchArcade

Can i get some tips on the battles? I can swipe the fish but i am having problems destroying my enemies line?

9. Rahna

Rahna New Member

Jun 10, 2016
    I'm at around 12hrs played and have caught/unlocked everything except the chef's hat and have found my twin. All the NPCs are repeating themselves now so I figure I either missed it somehow or it's bugged :confused:

Great game :) Nice to get this sort of light but engageing game play without IAPs ruining it

10. Marlon Bargh

Marlon Bargh Active Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 7, 2015
    Does anyone know how to catch a penguin?

11. MrGreed

MrGreed Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    3 hours in, legendary status, defeated the final boss

90/108 fish

I feel like there could be more plots of land for farming so you could farm alot of vegetables and make dishes for fishing as getting the last remaining fish could be tough

Man this game has SO MUCH ROOM for expansion and updates (tons of new fish, characters, ships, outfits not just hats, new pets, new island with your own home you could purchase an island to live in after accumulating an obscene amount of gold)

Like i mentioned before i would be VERY willing to pay $5 for an expansion pack to this awesome title

Probably going to go down as one of my favorite iOS gaming experiences ever in the past 4-5 years and that's saying alot

12. goldsheep

goldsheep Active Member

Feb 4, 2015
    hey all! uhh things so crazy here. again, thanks for being so supportive. I think we might have gotten the feature because of the love from posters here, mad appreciation to you all.

the chef's hat quest flag is unfortunately not set properly in this version, and will be fixed next version (along with all the stuff in that post and a bunch of other things that either we caught or people have pointed out to us).

penguin is a medium-sized fish and can be fished the same way as a regular fish in the Shivering Timbers (sorry if this wasn't clear, quest desc will be updated to clarify)

here's a list of bugs (SORRY): https://www.facebook.com/kestrelgames/posts/594889594004074

thanks for understanding and being so patient. first real release and we weren't expecting this kind of reception, it's been pretty mindblowing.

as for expansions... haha! maybe. depending on sales, etc. I think the first thing we'd prioritize is localization of my 150kb pirate dialogue script ah ha ha ha *shudder*. there are a bunch of smaller projects we'd also like to put out this year. i do love the idea of getting your own island/a more customizable house and it would have been nice if we'd been able to add more on that front, we'll probably try and do a project that involves more of that in future :) fun facts, I originally wanted to make the entire game a pirate dating sim. 'ARR, MATEY, BE MY DATEY' maybe you should all just be glad this idea got shot down :p

13. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Well, I am sold.

14. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Any replay value ?

15. OrangeKnickers

OrangeKnickers Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2013
    #75 OrangeKnickers, Jun 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    Depends. The story and the quests are fairly lineal, but even after completing it (which I haven't yet) I definitely see myself replaying it in the future.

What I'd love to see would be some competition mode à la "which player catches the most combined value of fish at shivering timbers in 2 minutes" or something along those lines.

On a more specific note, how can one catch that penguin? I haven't even come close to catching it yet!

16. goldsheep

goldsheep Active Member

Feb 4, 2015
    thanks! really glad to know you guys are enjoying the game.

that's an interesting suggestion about competition mode. wouldn't it be pretty luck-based though? perhaps if every fish had the same value but you got better scores based on how many perfects you got... potential future updates:)

the penguin is actually just a medium fish, the same as fishing other fish (it's not the one that dives into the water). sorry if that was unclear, patch will be more specific in the quest log!

17. furion00

furion00 Member

Apr 1, 2015
    Nice clarification on the penguin. Some minor bugs along the way but it is still a great game. Ez 5 stars!

18. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Ohhh, I'd been trying stuff to catch the diving one. Clarification would be great.

Re: Matey/Datey, can you go name everyone else's games too? The world needs you.

19. goldsheep

goldsheep Active Member

Feb 4, 2015
    #79 goldsheep, Jun 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
    thanks for the sweet ratings on TA! can't believe it! if anyone would like to leave us a review on the app store, that would be really appreciated as that would give us a bump up the charts :) to those who have, thanks a billion!

haha re: Matey/Datey: I am secretly proud of that one. Can't believe it got rejected by... everyone ;p

HOWEVER I can't take credit for RwaIF, my friend who loves horrible puns actually came up with that and it was instantly approved. :)

20. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    I've already stated on this forum that Rule with an Iron Fish is the GREATEST title of any game this year. I just want to express my appreciation again...