Universal Rule with an Iron Fish (by Kestrel Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Techzamazing, Jun 6, 2016.

1. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Does anyone remember N-Gage's "Hooked On: Creatures Of The Deep"? Is this game similar regarding gameplay and story progress? I've always loved that game and have been looking for an alternative on iOS without success. Maybe this one is what I need...

2. Gamer1st

Gamer1st Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    None. But I dream about being able to work again.
    USA
    I'll pick it up as soon as iPad play is enabled.

3. MrGreed

MrGreed Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    I was watching a gameplay video and it looks really hard to move your lure around

I hate tilting games is this all tilting for moving the lure?

4. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Well that's actually reassuring. RPGs are my favorite genre. Looks like this might be my game this week :) thanks for the reply!

5. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

For that I'm buying, not a fan of clicker games

6. pseudoart

pseudoart Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2013
    You only need to tilt to move the lure, but it's not mandatory. It just makes it a bit easier if you miss the fish you were aiming for. Maybe later in the game it'll be too difficult without tilt, I don't know. I hate tilting too.

A question for y'all? I tapped too fast through the tutorial about battles by mistake - how do you defend against the dynamite?!

7. hfc1875

hfc1875 Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Tap the fish as they leave the water, "bouncing" them over to your side and away from the enemy's.

8. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    This is really great. Glad I picked it up, looks like it's got quite a long campaign too.
    I think the comparison to clicker games is that it's a bit incremental/grindy but in an enjoyable way.

9. Tonk Montana

Tonk Montana Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Hi,
    I got hooked. Bought this for the humour, fish, and art. Loving it's relaxed pace and IAP-free exploration.

Is it just me or is anyone else having their bits and bobs and wood disappear if you log out of the game? I am sure I had enough for the next ship and poof...gone. Maybe a pirate stole it?

10. Avatre

Avatre Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Ah I really really want to play this, I hope it's on the iPad soon!

11. coloncruncher

coloncruncher Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2016
    Am I missing something? Several comments about iPad, it is playable on iPad. True, it isn't universal, but it still plays great, I've done it.

Devs say they're working on iPad support, so it's coming, but in the meantime, do yourself a favor and buy it, it's plenty good as it is.

Would love cloud saving though so I could play back and forth between iPad and iPhone.

12. coloncruncher

Mar 14, 2016
    I also hate tilting, but find it fun here. You don't have to use it most of the time, you simply tsp where you want the lure to go. In some instances you may want to tweak it and that where the tilting comes in. It's duffle movement not huge tilts. I find it to be responsive and easy to use.

13. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Well this is Game of the Week for me!
    Nothing else released this week comes close.

I know people are going to rave about Heroes of Loot 2 but I for one am so tired of "RETRO PIXEL"...its 2016, let's have our games look good! #

The art and style in Iron Fish are what sells it for me. Every new fish / critter is just a pleasure to see and the humor keeps me smiling.
    Add all the other mechanics on top - RPG/collection/decorating/battles/farming/crafting and Iron Fish is a surprisingly deep casual game.

Great Job devs!!

GOTW +1

14. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    So we can say 8 hours for full gameplay ? Sounds cool

15. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Didn't consider HOL 2 as a retro pixel game but if you consider it like that, you'll miss a very good game...

16. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    I shouldn't have commented on that here, I don't want to turn this thread into a debate about another game, sorry.

I was merely using it as a comparison to compliment the art in Iron Fish.

That said, HoL2 is obviously a pixel art game, just look at the screenshots. I make no mention of the gameplay, I'm sure it's amazing.
    I'm just tired of games that use pixel art graphics when we have the technology for crisp smooth visuals. Personal opinion, sorry.

Back to the topic - IRON FISH IS AWESOME !
    ##

17. MrGreed

MrGreed Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Easily worth the $3, very polished

This game impressed me, lots of relaxing fun!

18. Kestrel Games

Kestrel Games Active Member

#58 Kestrel Games, Jun 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
    Hey guys, great to hear more people are loving the game :)

Right now we're hard at work on a 1.01 patch to fix bugs with the initial release. Should be able to get iPad support in too, by popular demand :)

19. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Ok you're right. Back to the topic for this game but I can't bear the comparison between pixelnart and technology. That's make nonsense !

End of debate. This Iron Fish will be mine tonight too :)

20. coloncruncher

Mar 14, 2016
    I ran into a bug, I had a little over 200,000 coins, went to pick my crops, and then my coins dropped to 867. Figured I'd mention it.