Universal Rule with an Iron Fish (by Kestrel Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Techzamazing, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Kestrel Games

Kestrel Games Active Member

Will fix the issue with the plants not picking up properly in the upcoming patch (soon.) I think doing an open/close on the plant selector menu should let you harvest in the meantime.

2. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

One of the few apps that's hooked me in quite some time. This is how games should be made.

3. coloncruncher

coloncruncher Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2016
    Thanks, that works great for me! I appreciate the response!

4. fatkit

fatkit Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Just bought to support the dev, everyone should have more love on this gem:)

5. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Hmmm I have zero emails about this game, I even checked spam. Anyway, it'll be in the new games roundup tonight and like all new games will go into a big, unruly pile for our writers to pick through and possibly review.

6. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    This game is seriously good.
    A perfect example of what makes the App Store so great.
    Amazing quality game coming from a small developer.

This game needs more attention, it's really awesome.

7. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    So is this like a clicker game (like someone mentioned earlier in the thread)? I really don't like clickers unfortunately..

8. coloncruncher

coloncruncher Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2016
    This is not a clicker. You go fishing, wich does require clicking, but it is based on timing in order to catch the fish. I would actually consider this closer to a RPG, there is a story, missions, leveling up, equipment, etc... There are also battles and farming. There's a lot going on in this game. I highly recommend you check it out!

9. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Not got this yet but, if nothing else, it's the best title for any game so far this year. One for my watchlist for now, though.

10. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Anyone knows how many hours is the gameplay ?
    Interested too but I need more feedbacks :)

11. OrangeKnickers

OrangeKnickers Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2013
    I'm about three hours in and have not even half of the unlocks.

12. Dragan

Dragan Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Belgium
    iPad + landscape mode and I'm sold

13. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Just so people are clear -
    This is NOT a "clicker" game. Clickers are a specific type of game (which I'm not a fan of tbh) with generally passive gameplay revolving around tapping your screen as fast and often as possible.

Iron Fish is more an RPG / collection/ battling / farming game #
    Timing is required, and there's no passive gameplay.

14. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Hello Kestrel games! Thank you for being active on the forums. First off I wanna say great great game. I rarely write on the forums, but your game is fun enough to where I need your help to get a fix! I've run into a possible bug that is game-breaking for me. I have unlocked three fishing spots and am currently several hours into the game and when I loaded the game today none of the fishing spots loaded for me - the backdrop was there (water, borders, etc) but I didn't spawn and neither did any fish and I was just stuck there. I also could not hit the map to go back to my base island. This occurred after multiple restarts, and is affecting all fishing spots including battles against Vikings, etc...in the battles, the bars on the side to show your progress load but no actions or hats years or fish spawn. It is simply just a blank backdrop. The main base is fully working and all the Areas and people are functioning just fine. I bought the game yesterday, and my phone is not jail broken or anything like that. Thanks for your help in advance. I hope there is something O can do to resume my game save. Cheers!

15. goldsheep

goldsheep Active Member

Feb 4, 2015
    whoa, thanks everyone for the kind comments and support, and for helping to spread the word. it means a lot to us as a piddling little startup :)
    a LOT! it's been really morale-boosting to see people responding positively to the game. i'll stop crying in the dark now haha.

sorry about this! thanks for letting us know. I'm going to poke code (who unfortunately just went to bed as it's nighttime there) and get you a response. if you could let us know iOS version + specific device that would be great. we're working on an update right now and fixing all the bugs (fortunately there haven't really been many) we hear about. thanks!

gah, sorry about that. I might have tweeted the promo code instead of emailing it. I can send it via email (tips@?) instead if that helps, or we can PM it :) and, thanks for the new games roundup!

feel free to ping us on twitter @kestrelgames too!

16. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Hello thanks for the quick response! I am playing on an iPhone 6s, iOS version 9.3.2
    Just tried a few more times and nothing loads in the fishing areas :( it worked for hours when I first bought the game - unsure of what triggered this but thanks for looking into it!!

17. atalkinghamsandwich

atalkinghamsandwich Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2015
    This game is filling a Ridiculous Fishing sized hole in my world. Not the exact same game, but it's certainly doing the trick.

18. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    I was thinking the same thing!

Actually I like the humor and art style in this game above Ridiculous Fishing, but they are both great games. I'm finding myself way more "hooked" (pun intended?) to Iron Fish tho #

19. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    I have no time to game right now (barely spent even 30 minutes on Never Alone so far)... but I just bought this anyway. Maybe I can play some this weekend. :)

Reasons:
    1) Fishing semi-RPG-style game? Yeah!
    2) Premium, no IAP!
    3) A developer that's interacting on the forums to make a better game

All in! :)

20. quebecotr

quebecotr Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Male
    Retired teacher
    Milwaukee, WI
    Bought, bought, bought.

'Nuff said - I have to go and play now...