iPad rRootage game

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by lazrhog, Oct 17, 2008.

1. lazrhog

lazrhog Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Software
    UK
    Posted a new youtube vid of rRootage today. This is the version I have submitted to Apple for the Appstore. Hasn't been reviewed yet, but hopefully will be approved in a week or so.

This game is $0.00, ie. free ..... forever :)

rRootage vid on youtube

2. Armbruster

Armbruster Well-Known Member

I can do a full featured review if I can get my hands on it before the store.

3. dudehuge

dudehuge Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    You're awesome Laz!

4. lazrhog

Oct 1, 2008
    Software
    UK
    lol, I have no idea how I would do that ! I haven't played with the whole ad-hoc release thing yet.

5. lazrhog

Oct 1, 2008
    Software
    UK
    aww shucks :) Seriously thanks. Compliments go a long way to make up for the late nights and awful comments on the appstore. I think Neverputt sold more in Uzbekistan than the USA thanks to some of those comments !

6. Armbruster

Armbruster Well-Known Member

Neverputt was a great game, but had it's flaws- a simple update could fix them all.

(Heh, that rhymed!)

7. lazrhog

Oct 1, 2008
    Software
    UK
    yep, just wanted to get another app up there before doing an update. Most comments seem to relate to the menu system for some reason. Although I shall be attempting to address all comments other than the one that said rubbish courses, laggy controls, rubbish game. Not sure where to start with that one LOL.

8. ricky

ricky Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2008
    agreed neverputt is so good but an update can make it even better

9. Hi again Lazrhog. Loved your Neverputt app, and still play it (so does my daughter!). I think the one thing I want the most in it would be some sound effects. I know you mentioned you didn't want crowd effects, but at least the sound of the ball being hit, and knocks when it hits the walls or floor if it bounces etc.
    I like the look of your new game- looks cool. Will definitely download. Keep up the good work :)

10. STP_Steve

STP_Steve Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Editor of slidetoplay.com
    San Francisco, CA
    Looks fantastic! I'm posting on it now at STP.

11. ReformatPlanet

ReformatPlanet Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Film Producer
    NJ/NY
    Bullet Hell, right on my iphone. Looks awesome. Finally a portable shmup to be proud of.

12. Hitman45

Hitman45 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    iPhone Gamer
    Williamstown, NJ
    Wow a great game like that for free. Your awesome man. Thanks a bunch. NeverPutt was a great game and I love playing it.

13. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Looks good, definitely gonna look for it once it comes out.

14. Hey, Steve. I just checked out your site- I like it. I find your reviews pretty much spot on, and have added your RSS to my bookmarks. Nice one.

15. lazrhog

Oct 1, 2008
    Software
    UK
    well, Apple broke all review time records, and approved rRootage for distribution on the Appstore in 1 Day. Yes 1 Day !! Nice one Apple. I guess they are getting into the swing of things now.

Anyway, it should be appearing on the Appstore once the servers catch up with it, so grab rRootage and see what you think :)

16. #16 wastedyuthe, Oct 19, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
    Yes, I can confirm it is in the UK iTunes here .
    Downloading. Will post my opinion later. Thanks Lazrhog :)

[EDIT] Had a quick 10 minutes with it. I have to say I think the instructions make it sound rather complicated just choosing what type of game/stage you want, for example-

"40 stages to play, with 5 levels in each level". 5 levels in each level? I don't understand.

The game itself seems sound so far, although with a constant laser beam protruding from your ship and hundreds of enemy fire coming your way, it just ends up being a dodge-em-up rather than a shoot-em-up. Know what I mean?

17. lazrhog

Oct 1, 2008
    Software
    UK
    oops, yeah thats a typo in the instructions. I shall sort that out thanks. The game is definitely a bullet barrage game more than a shoot'em up, I agree. However, I don't think Bullet Barrage is a recognised genre, so I just call it a shoot'em up :)

18. ITrocks

ITrocks Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Yep, just got it on iTunes. I think it's great that you're giving top notch apps for free or relatively cheap prices-0.59p. Keep it up :D I can't wait for the update for sound!

19. networkman

networkman Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2008
    toronto, canada
    It's up on the servers! Come and get it! OR should I say come a get some "bullet barrage".
    Nice job!
    Bill. :)

First upgrade request... need sound. A must. Pretty please.
    Bill.

10/10. +11/10 with sound. hehe.

20. lw1234

lw1234 Active Member

Sep 5, 2008
    It may seem like just a bullet barrage, but just wait until you play Ikaruga mode. The color changing aspect really makes the game a lot more fun. I really enjoy it so far. Can't wait for sound!