iPad RPG/RTS - Jagged Alliance...wouldn't it be nice?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Mr. Charley, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Don't know if anyone else ever played Jagged Alliance on the PC but I think this game would translate absolutely beautifully on the iPhone/Touch...

2. Magnulus

Magnulus Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Student + Barista
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    I can only say one thing: "Crusha-crusha!"

3. different

different Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
  4. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    Yeah, THAT ONE!
    Man, just seeing that again makes me realize that it's really not my imagination and would actually be a great port!
    I'm salivating just thinking of what could be....

5. different

Aug 8, 2008
    I'm a little stuck, hehe. The game doesn't do a very good job of walking you through.

I got to the part where you've set up a team and then you are moving them about the screen. How do you attack the enemies?

6. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    I'm totally doing this off memory so take everything with a grain of salt. I havne't played this game since it was released what, 10 years ago? Probably more..anyways, you're not interested in that, you want to kill some baddies.... :)

I think you have to have your dude selected (click the character icon), make sure one of the weapons is highlited, and then the mouse arrow should change to a targeting reticule. When it's red, the bad guys in range, when in white, not in range. I think you just move the reticule over the guy you want to kill and based on your characters stats/weapon, it'll be a hit or miss.

Does that help at all?

7. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    ...But it's TBS, not RTS.

8. different

Aug 8, 2008
    I figured out you have to right click to select the targeting cursor, then left click to shoot.

Yeah, this style of game could easily work on iPhone, providing it gave a tutorial level or something to get you started. :)