Universal [RPG] Roguelike Spellslinger

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by IllogicalGames, May 13, 2016.

1. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    So what are the IAP ?

2. IllogicalGames

IllogicalGames Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2014
    The game restarts whenever player dies.

There are iaps which gives you 5000 gold when you restart

Also iaps that gives you 5 loot crate when you restart.

These effects are permanent and restorable through restore purchase therefore the price is a bit higher than other iaps.

Other iaps are simply buying golds and loot crates.

If you played the game you will notice that the game can be enjoyed without using iaps at all. The golds and loots are obtainable without using real gold. Iaps are just a small help if the player wish to buy.

Any iaps bought will remove ads from the game

3. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    #43 IllogicalGames, May 25, 2016
    Last edited: May 25, 2016

I found someone made a gameplay video.

Check out if you want to see how roguelike spellslinger is like

4. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Hey there,

I am alittle confused. I just started the game and my Mage is pretty strong, so much so, that most of my starting equipment is much better than stuff from the shop or chests.... Is that normal? Does it change once I die? Seems pretty useless to have that 'bad' gear in the game otherwise.

I do feel like the death sounds could be more varied, because they start to annoy me after my short play session already, which is not a good sign.

The AI seems to have many derpy moments running into walls, roaming around the map somewhere doing god knows what, but it's ok overall.

I do not se a point not using auto aim because (unless I missed it) there is no option to adjust sensitivity and for me the manual aiming is too unprecise and I cannot adjust it. Also the auto aim loves to shoot against walls and once it has locked onto an enemy it's hard to change the target, even if there is another monster hitting me in the face in Meele. Lastly the auto aim does fire straight beside enemies very often for an extended period of time.

The menus and iaps seem nice but I will wait before I drop,p money on the game until my points are addressed. Cheers!

5. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    Hi, are you just started the game? if you are playing it for the first time, the game will give you a set of powerful gears. (as a part of introduction and tutorial)

Equipments in RS have a "Durability" stat. so the powerful items that you got from the beginning will be destroyed when its durability is used up. Also you started with level 15 if you played for the first time. once you died, you will start with 0 items and level 1.

Yea lol. the AI could use some improvement. will check into it. thanks for mentioning.

the auto aim is actually a new feature. in the previous version, RS uses manual aiming which is little hard to play with. so i improvise it with adding auto-aim. and since the manual aim is there in the previous version,i think removing it would upset the previous version's user. then i decided to let it be in the game and allow users to swich back to any control scheme that they like.

i can address this issue in the next update.

its just the projectile has an accuracy rating. as you play, you will find some of the projectile will hit target more often than other. but it wont matter if you using auto-aim. Also this is why i changed the manual-aiming to auto-aim.

Thank you very much for your support.

6. forsakenxe

Oct 23, 2014
    Thanks for the quick and Details response, i am looking forward to start fresh. Speaking of tutorial, there is not much of a tutorial is there?

The aiming issues are the most important for me so I am looking forward to the update.

7. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    yea, the game is pretty straight forward and there are only 2 buttons. and i guess player already figured out what it is for :) the first time play will give the player a good item to get the "feel" of the game

8. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    #48 Jayg2015, Jun 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
    This game won't download . Stops at 20 % on all my devices .
    Tried other games and they download instantly .

It finally installed BUT now after the first game it says I have no internet even though I'm watching Netflix on my tv with 200meg internet ... Ughhh . Has done this 6 tries now after beating first level

9. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    Hi JayG,

try checking your internet. basically the game is downloaded from apple, and apple server is very stable and fast. if you're having trouble downloading, it must be your internet connection.

try not using too much internet on your other device. :)

10. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    Hi guys! new update is available for download.

The update contains:
    ----------------------------
    Reduced repetitive enemy sounds
    added link to forum
    fixed change target delay for auto aim (fixes auto aim issue)
    added splash screen
    fixed enemy AI got stuck inside trees (slight better AI, will keep improving)
    minor balance changes

11. forsakenxe

Oct 23, 2014
    #51 forsakenxe, Jul 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
    Very cool update, you sure are listening to your community! I will. Ow continue playing your game every now and then.

I have two more requests and one suggestion:

- auto aiming still sometimes continues to shoot at terrain blocking line of sight. So there is more room for improvement and I would really like this to work better.
    - then I would like to request an iap for removing ads only. I would suggest 1-1,50€.
    - finally I would love an option to zoom out a little bit further. It's too close for my licking but I could see if this is your way of designing the game an you don't want to change it.

Again, much appreciated that you I cooperates my feedback. Best of luck with the game!

Edit: So I just died for the forst time and I have to say: That your appearance does not change once you get new items or have no items at all, is a really big issue for me. The enemies are not that varied as is and so is the environment. So i was sure that there will be some variation in your equipment and how it affects the look of your character. Not seeing that is a huge disappointment. I can see that this is a huge resources and money/time investment but it would add so much more reason to play the game. All you do with equipment right now is increasing stats and shooting different projectiles... that's not too much longevity here. Sorry for the criticism, hope you take them the right way.

12. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    Hi guys!

thank you for your feedback! based on the feedback that we got, we decided to remake the game.

THIS IS MAJOR UPDATE: COMPLETE GAME REDESIGN
    You're no longer lose your item if you died.
    Game is progressing, instead of just restarting the game each time you died.
    Towers. You can now build towers to defend your village from invader.

the game also available on google play store.

Android link:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Illogical.rlss

13. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    Hi guys!

Im excited to let you know that we have released a major update for Roguelike spellslinger. for this new update, the game is now titled: "spellslinger". we removed "roguelike" from the title because we feel its no longer reasonable to keep "roguelike" in the title. because, since the previous patch, the roguelike element is removed from the game. player is no longer lose progress and reset level when they're die. thats why i decided the name is no longer relevant.

spellslinger version 3 update log:
    *new character section which will give you 15 new abilities to play with. the ability is unlocked via game progression.
    *game is mobile friendly, changed from landscape to portrait mode to offer mobility. the game now can be enjoyed with only 1 hand.
    *changed camera from orthographic to perspective view. enjoy 3d scenes in new perspective view.
    *Color is brighter, overall texture gets some love.
    *Enemy skin remade, its now easier to tell what element an enemy is by judging its color.
    *New and improved UI, much friendlier for mobile.
    *New control scheme, use only 1 button to control the character. player will move the character with the joystick and the character will start firing when the joystick is released.

Balance changes:
    Increased loot IAP from 10 to 20.
    Rare chance from loot is increased from 1/10 to 1/7.
    Vendor item has its durability increased from 15 to 25.
    increased level 2 tower damage from 10 to 20.

Game mechanic changes:
    After unlocking an area, player will be required to talk to villager first.

Bug fix:
    now different map plays different background music.
    Fixed lighting color in some maps.

Check out the new trailer for version 3

14. abcgi

abcgi Member

Mar 3, 2017
    Game Designer
    Cyberspace
    Good point, Anthony.