Universal [RPG] Roguelike Spellslinger

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by IllogicalGames, May 13, 2016.

1. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I think the ad removal option is very fair for those of us that paid for the previous version. And I would like airplane mode guy to step up and say yes I promise to purchase remove ads when it is implemented. And you will still have tons of people still playing the game for free because for whatever reason there ARE lots of people that are so cheap or broke or whatever they would rather watch ads then pay to remove them. I think this is the best move for you. This is how Nitrome has done their past two games (rust bucket and leap day) they price their ad removal at 4.99

2. IllogicalGames

IllogicalGames Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Thanks repulsa. As i said, i would like to see the community feedback on this game first then i will decide what will be on the next update. I did planned to include remove ads, this move is very normal almost every developer do it. And i will do it too. But i want to hear what you huys think about the game so that i can update it.

Assume roguelike spellslinger is still in beta, but i already release it to study what the player wants. When the game is ready, it will come with iaps to remove ads. As i state before, i have lots of plans for roguelike spellslinger but i need to see market acceptance

3. Bootsy

Bootsy Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2015
    Fantasy Mage was great! I'm totally going to download this, too, and I look forward to iap to remove the ads. In the meantime, ads are ok. You have to make money somehow.

4. MrPayDay

MrPayDay Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Germany
    I hate ads and remove all games that force them and don't offer an IAP ad-removal. I spent 2000 Dollars on Hearthstone and prefer paid Full Games and games with content and fair IAP because the success of the Freemium Era is bad for everyone imho.

98% of the "free" games are cancer, bad design and will block you at a certain point after some time.
    Offer 3 IAPs for ad-removal : 0,99 and 2,99 and 4,99 and let the players decide whats it worth. Whales like me won't hesitate to pay the 4,99 without even thinking when a game is good.
    Just don't force it! :)

5. Scottlarsen

Scottlarsen Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2009
    I bought the original and did enjoy it. If it didn't sell; it didn't sell. Can't fault you for trying something different. After all, you gotta eat. Best of luck with the new version.

6. Mrbestapps

Mrbestapps Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2015
    #26 Mrbestapps, May 14, 2016
    Last edited: May 14, 2016
    I hate adverts. I understand developers adding them into the game to get money. But there ALWAYS needs to be an in app purchase you can buy to remove adverts. I've bought more remove advert in app purchases than paid apps.

Yeah being an indie developer is tough. I know what you're going through. Didn't mean to be a dick. Just suggesting to add an add removal for 2-3$.

I deleted my old comment.

7. RangerInfantry

Jul 24, 2013
    Oh geez

So this game has a new name now? Wasn't this called Fantasy Mage? THAT game was absolutely horrible. Someone convince me this one is better.

8. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    I agreed, as a gamer myself i hated such things too. I know what it felt like when the item to kill the mini boss can only be bought with real money. And there is no other way to pass him unless you spend. And, this is not happened only once. You will still need to spend for the next boss. This is forced spending. I prefer to be paying only once and get to enjoy the full game without being asked to spend again. But to find such game is nearly impossible.

With that in mind, i started making paid games. I wish to give gamer the what i myself want. I understand gamer because i am a gamer myself. I know what you want.

But its really hard to be successful with paid games. With small budget dev such as myself. The game will never get noticed.

What i planned with roguelike spellslinger is, you will only spend if you feels you wanted too. I wont make spending is compulsory to advance in the game.

9. MrPayDay

MrPayDay Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Germany
    Check out the MEKORAMA iap model: "pay what you want", and be it just "pay what you want to remove adds " with 0,99 minimum.
    If you deliver a free game with quality and no forced ad shit I am fairly sure you can earn money with that! :)

10. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    thats an interesting model! :)

11. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    hey thanks. i glad you liked fantasy mage. if you liked fantasy mage, you're going to like this one too. it has tons of improvements over fantasy mage. but i wouldnt call it "improvements", because roguelike spellslinger is a different game than fantasy mage, its not an update, but rather a new game.

IAPs is coming soon, hopefully in the next update. i intend to update this game regularly that you should see an update every 4-5 days.

12. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    I believe every dev realizes that IAP to remove ads is compulsory but yet they continue to launch their games absent of such features and their default responses always are 'it will be in the first update. Omitted obviously by choice, a poor one at that bc the fallout will have already started. First impressions are paramountly critical.

13. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    Hi thanks for your support! And i really glad that you liked FM. It was a sad move to end the support for FM. It wont happen with roguelike spellslinger.

Have you download RS and give it a try? What do you think of it.

14. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    Hey i understand your frustration and I take it as constructive critism. The option to remove ads will be added in the next update along with other cool features. Stay tuned!!

15. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    Yes it was called fantasy mage. I wont consider roguelike spellslinger as an update to fantasy mage but rather a different new game. Everything is changed. Except the characters. RS is built from scratch not using any codes from FM.

Give it a try and tell me what you think..

16. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    it does feels like solomon's boneyard. a lot of people say that too.

i'll take a look what i can do to improve the joystick. im implementing the iap stores now. expect functioning stores in the next update:)

17. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    Thank you for your support. dont worry, i wont ;)

18. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    Hi guys!
    the new update is now available to download. update the game now. the new update features "shop" with iap to remove ads, and other iaps. get it now!!

19. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Ugh not "other IAP" you totally lost me on this one is you remove fantasy Mage from the App Store ? I much prefer it to this one

20. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    i wont be supporting fantasy mage anymore... thats why im pulling it out of the appstore so it wont be available to purchase. however, apple keeps track of your purchase, if you already bought fantasy mage, you can redownload it anytime you want. it just wont be available for new user.

roguelike spellslinger will receive my full support. more new updates coming up next. new enemies, new areas, new skills, new loots etc.