Universal RPG Onigo Hunter (by KEMCO)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, May 5, 2017.

1. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Hambo pretty much covered everything I've experienced so far. It's really fun. It has the same Monster Hunter gameplay of accepting requests and killing/capturing monsters, only this is a turn based JRPG. Tons of different equipment to craft. There is a premium currency, but as far as I can tell, it's not necessary for progression. Premium version gives you 1000 to start off with, enough to get some of the nice items in the shop (permanent exp boost, drop rate, etc.). You could also use it to buy gear. I haven't spent any myself, however. Another interesting mechanic to note it that the "Energy" you use to cast spells and skills is also used to purchase items/equipment, and is shared across your entire team.

Also as a side note, the game still seems to have sound, even if you mute your device and completely lower your volume.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I agree with the imps so far. It's basically a typical Kemco RPG, but utilizes MH's "use monster parts for equipment" formula and it works quite well.

3. MintCity

MintCity Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2016
    Alright, the main thing I enjoy about this game is that all equipment you craft from catching monsters is shown on your characters. Pretty uncommon compared to other games.

4. roy2x

roy2x Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2015
    There is no free version?

5. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Yeah other kemco rpgs you have to use premium currency to buy them to look different this game you can as well but you don't have to i really love how literally everything looks different on your character like you can in equip lumiere's armor and put it on fain and it shows that he gots a pink bow on him now

6. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Too many combinations for creating stuff with mons I wish someone had a list of what combos make what.

7. roy2x

roy2x Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2015
    Are we limited to crafting what is on the crafting list?

8. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    What crafting list? Even in game I've heard mention of lists and like what traps and bait catch what monsters and even those tickets can summon armor and yet none of that is in the game . The tickets are weapons only. The monsters only tell you the element Thir catalog number and location on where to find em. I've tried so many different combinations but I can't figure out how to make better then Ice armor and the snow weapons I got from the ticket summons. Anyone have any pointers here for crafting.

9. roy2x

roy2x Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2015
    Theres a button for the crafting list when press the button for selecting onigos for crafting.

10. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    This is a really fun RPG. Deeper than I expected. Actually enjoying the grind. I like the graphics, but I would love to see one of these types in a more "realistic" presentation. The game systems in this are very strong imho.

Hoping for a Shaun review.

11. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    That's what I'm waiting for. I don't have time to play it now, but if he gives it a stellar review, I'll be buying it anyway.