Universal [RPG] Marenian Tavern Story (by KEMCO)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Oscar Streaker

Oscar Streaker Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
  2. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    First of all, graphics: 3D environment.
    Gameplay: not much changes. Explore, cook, repeat.

3. shining jade

shining jade Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2013

This look like what they did with ABS if this is a iPad in the video.
    Instead of making it fully iPad compatible they throw bars around the game this time blue last time black. If they did this I’m out.

4. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    That’s what they did. Doesn’t bug me during play, though.

5. shining jade

shining jade Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Ah ok yea gonna avoid it for now it’s the reason I never went back to abs on my iPad :(
    I guess if I ever plan to play on iPod maybe I’ll buy but most my games are on my iPad, for me the bars are annoying..

6. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I wish they didn't have bars but they don't bother me. And tbh, if you pass on every game with bars, you're missing out on a lot. No joke, many NEW games just add bars around the screen because it has easier compatibility with the standard screen sizes. And some games have been in development for a long time and the devs don't want to bother changing what's already finished to them.

As for the game itself, I'm really enjoying. Lots of fun and the story is enjoyable as I'd expect. Probably my favorite Kemco RPG (technically Rideon) release this year.

Dailon80 likes this.
  7. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    I deleted this after a couple hours last night, its just super repetitive. Felt like a Kairosoft game.

raravan likes this.
  8. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    I am a fan of Adventure Bar Story and so I couldn't wait to pick this one up! I have put a few hours into it and it's great so much better than the original with lots of improvements. I would love to see Kemco team up with Rideon Japan for some more RPGs!

Gwarmaxx and nyanpass like this.
  9. darkelite

darkelite Active Member

Dec 25, 2013
    #30 darkelite, Oct 30, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    Near the end of the game, there is a “bug” when you need to cook Coco’s mystery soup.

The ingredients aren’t in the inventory, and the reciepe is no where to be found in the soup category.

In order to cook the mystery soup, you need to make sure you browser all reciepes and scroll all the way downz the reciepe is found at the end of the list.

I understand the dev’s design choice here, they didn’t want the users to lose the ingredients by doing an original cooking. However, the mystery soup reciepe should have been found under the soup category. I lost a few hours. And Gino’s dialog was causing confusion too.

Attached Files:

10. darkelite

darkelite Active Member

Dec 25, 2013
    Here is what I was talking about.

Attached Files:

Dailon80 likes this.