iPad RPG games

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by darksoul, Feb 16, 2009.

1. darksoul

darksoul Active Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Does anybody know any good role-play game that i can download to my iphone?

2. Dfender2022

Dfender2022 Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Being a kid
    California
    Hero of Sparta, if you count that as a RPG

3. Musicrocks182

Musicrocks182 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Vay. The best out there. Tons of gameplay and its fun. I wish someone would come out with another game like that :) Id pay a lot.

4. Phi6

Phi6 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Time and time again, I'll say Puzzle Quest.
    It isn't listed in the RPG section, but actually is the most full-featured RPG game on the whole AppStore.

It has it all:
    20+ hours gameplay for chapter 1, huge world to explore, storyline, character development, main questing, side quests, random battles, stats, HP, experience, levelling, capturing creatures, spell research, rune collecting, weapon forging and the best of all... the most unique battle system in existence: Match 3!

5. darksoul

darksoul Active Member

Dec 6, 2008
    i already got that and it's awesome:D. but that's more like a hack & slash game. I'm looking something that is more on exploration and have tons of quests.

6. zztfox

zztfox Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    I second Puzzle Quest!

Especially with the 2nd chapter coming as a free update.

7. dolly

dolly Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2008
    Puzzle quest is great!

8. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Puzzle Quest FTW. ~40 hours for $10, tons of replayability.

9. Phi6

Phi6 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    I forgot, more features:

Take over cities by sieging, spells and magic, buy weapons, shields, rings, and armor, some forks in the storyline (good vs evil choices)

The depth of this game is really amazing, and judging by the reviews on the AppStore is so underrated.

10. parranoya

parranoya Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    The thing I get paid for
    CANADIA
    1) PUZZLE QUEST
    2) VAY
    3) DUNGEON HERO
    4) THE QUEST (TBA)
    5) the new Bethseda game coming out ---hopefully
    6) ROGUE ----its free! I have wasted hours trying to get the amulet -----get it ----see if you like it then you can buy a newer version for 2$ or so with better grafix.

11. CommanderData

CommanderData Well-Known Member

#11 CommanderData, Feb 16, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
    If you can wait until it's approved by Apple sometime this week, may I suggest Rogue Touch? There's a preview on the touchArcade home page... Much dungeon exploration awaits you there!

Disclaimer- I am the developer :D

On a related note, I can also recommend Puzzle Quest as an option too for anyone else reading! That game has eaten a fair bit of my free time.

Edit- Thanks for the mention parranoya! You beat me to it :)

12. toiletbob

toiletbob Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Quest is coming out soon, it should be submitted to the app store this week. Depending on how much you need an RPG you could wait for that.

Puzzle Quest is a fantastic RPG, way deeper than hack and slash. It just takes a bit to get into the deeper elements. EDIT: Oh, you already have it. Never mind. Wait for Quest, it should be awesome.

13. Phi6

Phi6 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Yes, I agree, I just caught the video of Quest.
    Much better looking than the screenshots would have it seem.

Looking forward to this.

14. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    The Quest is awesome. It will be well worth the wait and money (whatever that money ends up being). Haven't played the iPhone version of Puzzle Quest, but I have the DS version and the way everyone's talking I might just have to break down and buy the iPhone version anyway (especially since my DS has been absconded by my kids). I'm trying to decide if I'd rather get Vay or Chronicles Of Inotia. They both violate my "price cap" rule, but they both look really good.

15. drach

drach Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    I would put in a vote for Vay, which is a very traditional RPG game in the vein of Final Fantasy and Dragon's Quest. I am curious about Chronicles of Inotia, but can't seem to pull the trigger on it yet.

16. kenban

kenban Member

Jan 25, 2009
    I am surprised no one has said Arvale yet. Its not amazing but its pretty much an older style RPG. I was playing it quite a bit got side tracked playing a few other games but I plan on getting back to it and finishing it in the next week or two.

17. Buster08

Buster08 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    PQ!

PuzzleQuest all the WAY!!:D

18. Forerunnerz

Forerunnerz Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    #18 Forerunnerz, Feb 16, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
    Dungeon and Hero, DaH( if you don't have someone to play with. Legend of Feanor, LoF, if you do and like to get competitive with a friend, showing off new moves, weapons, etc.

I play DaH by myself and LoF with my brother. DaD is better in my opinion though. Has a story, has tons of quests, weapons and unlockable moves. Great game. I recommend it a lot.

EDIT: Sorry didn't explain the mechanics. The game is NOT turn taking, and is not puzzle based. You fight by pushing on screen buttons to attack, and special attacks have their own button. Look up the game on the AppStore for some pics.

19. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I had actually forgotten about Arvale. Once again I haven't tried the iPhone version, but the Pocket PC version rocked! I would definitely recommend that one as well.

20. soccerstud652

soccerstud652 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    I vote Vay, but Arvale looks like fun.