Universal RPG Djinn Caster (by Kotobuki Solution Co., Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by L.Lawliet, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Kemco's been around for 34 years and have been pretty great about keeping their games updated, even when said games are completely and utterly forgettable. I'd say server issues are unlikely to be a problem anytime soon, and as long as Chocoarts (the dev) is around, Kemco will continue to commission updates now and then.

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Agreed. And we shouldn’t lose track of the main point: this is an excellent game at a fantastic price.

3. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Excellent game! It’s so cheesy & so good I’m loving it.:D:D. I’m going to spend some more money on it. I feel guilty for only paying a buck for this. It’s highway robbery..lhehe. I also love the artwork :)

4. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #204 stubbieoz, Jan 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    I have to disagree with you. #

If you have an old PS2 you will also have a hard copy of the PS2 game. You can play them any time you want into the future.
    iOS relies on the developer to keep their game on the App Store if you want to play it some time later.

In the past you were able to keep the iOS .ipa files on your computer and then reinstall them when you wanted.
    That option has now been taken from people. You can only reinstall an old game IF it is still on the App Store.

So a game relying on a server on the iOS gaming system is just as fragile as the whole iOS system when it comes to having a game that you can play when you want.

Expecially if you are a sucker like me and buy games all the time.....thinking, even though you don't have enough storage space on your iPad to install it, you can just remove some other game to make space with the intention of reinstalling that game later.
    And when you do go to install it later, well guess what?! It's gone, along with the hefty price you paid for it......I'm looking at you Chaos Rings 2 #

Sorry for the rant.

Oh and EDIT;
    Just to try and turn back on topic...
    Don't concern yourself with server issues. The game is good. Just make sure you keep it installed if you buy it. #

5. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #205 Gwarmaxx, Jan 10, 2018

what do you mean you can't?

i'm on iOS 10.3 and the old pulled ipas installation is still available, at least with iFunbox... have they cut off also that on iOS 11???

6. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I will in turn have to disagree with you.

You're right but this only affects the new iTunes. You can download them with the older iTunes which I still use to keep those ipas. And many people have copies of the old ipas BECAUSE the old itunes often downloaded ipa copies so many people still have them on their computer unless they deleted them. The iPhone X probably needs the the iTunes to sync however.

7. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #207 Gwarmaxx, Jan 10, 2018
    yeah, i'm on an old iTunes but still use iFunbox to reinstall old pulled ipas, the procedure is much faster.

edit> and it works great also to roll back previous versions of an app (i.e. in case of bad updates, or new version with ads) without delete the current one, if you still have the previous ipa, of course.

8. xycono

xycono New Member

Mar 15, 2018
    Dude i already finish the game but i miss one djinn where to you find temiz??

9. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Does this game have iCloud? Doesn’t explicitly state it and also doesn’t say so if you try to delete it. But think other Kemco games keep saves on their servers.

10. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I don’t know if it saves on any servers but if it helps I recently did a backup of my old iPad using CopyTrans free (I imagine an iTunes backup would also work) onto my pc, and I installed the backup on a replacement iPad, reinstalled the game from the App Store, and my save files were all intact.
    Whether the game got the saves from a server or the backup I don’t know.

11. George Tsilofytis

George Tsilofytis New Member

Dec 3, 2019
    Male
    Hello everyone. I had played the game back in the day and managed to gather all djinns but now I cannot find the quest for Estelle. Could someone help me plz? Thanx in advance.

12. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Damn — it’s been a while and I just don’t remember. Good luck!

13. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Was hoping this thread was bumped for iPhone X support. Guess I should give up hope.

14. George Tsilofytis

George Tsilofytis New Member

Dec 3, 2019
    Male
    Well the quest's name is Lightning in the desert I think. If anyone remembers plz quote me. Thanx again.