Universal ROME: Total War (By Feral Interactive)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 10, 2016.

1. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    I usually see updates for all apps at close to the original size, but then again I do update quickly! Loving the game btw - thanks :)

2. PhoenixAG

PhoenixAG Active Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Well, because the Feral guys here haven't addressed my post, let me address it myself. In the new update, the Fire at Will button seems to be working fine.

I had contacted support about it as well and the issue seems resolved, for now.

3. edddeduck_feral

edddeduck_feral Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2016
    #163 edddeduck_feral, Nov 29, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    Sorry, I thought we addressed it by asking you to contact us as we hadn't seen the issue? Either way good to see it's working as expected now. Hope you enjoy the improvements in the patch :)

In general it's always good to contact support as that guarantees we see your message and can help you. We also have more things planned going forward to keep making Rome more fun to play so keep your feedback coming :)

4. PhoenixAG

PhoenixAG Active Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Thanks. My feedback for now is bring Medieval 2:TW to the iPad next please. The Alexander and BI expansions to Rome are forgettable at best.

5. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    The patch is great and had a great two hour play through. I really hate trying to conquer Spain and Brits. Lol. I just went after Gaul and allied with Germania I will slowly move my way to Spain today!

6. elektrisko

elektrisko Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2016
    Oh that is nice to hear! I remember there could be quite the number of troops on screen at the same time..

7. edddeduck_feral

Nov 10, 2016
  8. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
  9. jith_feral

jith_feral Active Member

We've just added the final installment, so read away everyone :D

10. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
  11. ludka33

ludka33 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Having a crashing issue. Just beat up on the Greeks in Athens, and went to enslave the populous, and the game crashed. Now, wgenever I try to reload my campaign, it crashes again.

Any ideas?

12. PhoenixAG

PhoenixAG Active Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Just contacted support again. The fire at will button is only active in a custom battle.

It's greyed out in a campaign battle. Very annoying!

13. edddeduck_feral

Nov 10, 2016
    Sorry to hear that. Sounds like you should contact Feral support (either via the in-game system or via email), all versions of the game suffer from a rare "end turn crash" that can be caused by various logic issues. We fixed a number of these during development but if you are unlucky you might find a new one.

If you contact support we can tell you how to send us a save game and we can look into what is happening in your specific save game and see if it is something that can be rectified.

That is extremely strange, I'm sure our team will investigate and let you know their findings.

14. ludka33

Jan 12, 2013
    Thank you! Your guys were very helpful. I had to refight the battle, but my Brutii are still on the path to ancient world domination!

15. edddeduck_feral

Nov 10, 2016
    Glad we could help :)

16. jith_feral

jith_feral Active Member

Help videos now available

Hi everyone! We've just released some help videos for ROME: Total War on iPad, so if you want some extra tips, head over to the ROME: Total War minisite.

17. Tsrx

Tsrx New Member

Dec 10, 2016
    Hi, I have an iPad mini 3 and something happened while I was playing. You see my iPad it seems, only supports 20 men on average per unit, however recently I went to a custom battle and when I started I find that the units increased to 40 men, I tried another custom battle and I see that the unit cards are still on 20 men, and I said "�������� it, it said the same thing before and there were 40 men per unit in battle", but in the battle map they returned to being 20 men; I did the same scenario where my 40 men appeared, exact factions, exact starting money, exact teams, exact map, exact armies, but they were still on 20 men. Why did this happen? Is it a glitch?

And a small request due to this strange thing that happened. In that battle everything ran just perfectly, there were over 1200 troops and there was no lag and graphics were still the same, so can you please increase the unit size for the iPad mini 3?

18. Tsrx

Tsrx New Member

Dec 10, 2016
    Something that I forgot to ask. First, will any of the expansions arrive for iOS? And second, is there some way that non-playable factions become playable? Like Spain, Thracia, etc.

19. ludka33

Jan 12, 2013
    They become playable once you conquer them. They all should unlock once you beat the campaign

20. jith_feral

jith_feral Active Member

#180 jith_feral, Dec 12, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    Hi, it sounds like one the custom battles you tried out was perhaps a historial scenario. For these battles, armies have a set number of units, so we can increase the unit sizes without any negative implications for game performance on the lower-end iPads!

Also, regarding your second question, there is a menu option to unlock all playable factions, so if you want to play as something else without defeating it first, that's definitely something you can do :)