Universal ROME: Total War (By Feral Interactive)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 10, 2016.

1. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    #61 nkx, Nov 11, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
    Awesome thank you so much!!!!
    I'm sorry I'm replying late to this message because I've just been hooked on this game! You guys have done an excellent job the game runs flawless! Guys if you own the Apple Pencil it really makes the game feel like you have a mouse. If you don't though no need to worry the game works great

2. shodanng

shodanng Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    I suggest Company of Heroes.

But Relic Entertainment is now under Sega, so I don't know if you can paid to get the license from Sega easily.

3. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    I am willing to take everyone's word for it, that the Apple Pencil enhances the experience, but I'm just not sure how it would as, well, while holding the pencil, how do you pinch to zoom and rotate the camera? I'm thinking you'd have to constantly pick up and put it down? Might be more handy in the city world map but still there's pinching and zooming to be done there right.

4. Darrell999

Darrell999 New Member

Nov 11, 2016
    I can't find the main menu, so I can't save my game--so frustrating. Where is it?

5. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    I think I ran in to this.

You access back to the main menu by tapping on the top left. In there you'll find a pause symbol. Tap that and it's in there.

BUT. Some places in the game won't let that pause button do anything, rather it's simply unresponsive. I believe you have to play on a little further and try again. I couldn't figure that bit out for ages. For some reason the pause button just wasn't doing anything.

6. odi0n

odi0n Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Jesus!! Five Stars.

Beautiful, mighty work here Feral.

The gentleman above me or on the last page - take his suggestion, currently the "scroll, scroll, scroll" does induce wrist fatigue (playing hours straight) his idea regarding icons above unit heads for quick scoping the field -> is spot on (make optional for those that don't want it)

Hopefully you are allowed via budget to do such updates/additions.

Still, a masterpiece. Thank you for this.

7. edddeduck_feral

edddeduck_feral Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2016
    #67 edddeduck_feral, Nov 11, 2016
    Thanks for all the ideas, do you know you can quick jump to any unit by double tapping in that unit, this would avoid your zooming and scrolling as that is all done automatically. Also if you double click on a unit it will deflect the others.

Thanks for the feedback on the unit card palette we haven't see to many other requests for this to be altered but now you've mentioned it we'll certainly keep it in mind.

8. edddeduck_feral

Nov 10, 2016
    Thanks for the kind words and feedback :)

We're certainly planing on updating the game over time and part of this will be based on feedback from gamers like the ones in this thread :) As for this suggestion I do have a few controls that exist already that should help you avoid constant scrolling :)

1. Double tapping on a unit will automatically zoom you to that location.
    2. If you make sure you have no troops selected and double tap on the lap it will jump to that location.

Let me know if those help you out and elevate finger tiredness. :)

9. edddeduck_feral

Nov 10, 2016
    The game autosaves every turn, you can also save in the pause menu as explained here. IN the tutorial you can't save in certain battles/situations but you can always save in the campaign map. The game will even auto save mid battle during campaigns and will allow you to reload from the point in the battle you left.

You can also bring up the pause menu using the gesture shortcut, just swipe downwards with three fingers at once.

10. coxy

coxy Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2011
    England
    Count me as another who would love this feature - I depended on it so much.

ANd it would be great if you guys could port over Medieval 2 and Kingdoms :)

11. dirtschmooz

dirtschmooz Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2015
    plus you can tap edge of screen to pan faster around view

12. PhoenixAG

PhoenixAG Active Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Yes! This is one issue I am facing as well. By default, if you click on someone and then click on some other unit, they both get selected. I like this behaviour. However, I am never absolutely sure how many units I have selected because the selected units have almost the same colour as the unselected ones.

If this could be changed or enhanced slightly for the campaign as well as battle map, it would be a huge help!

I am on an iPad pro and the colour variation is very slight.

13. dirtschmooz

dirtschmooz Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2015
    agree on this. Small change will make massive improvement.

14. edddeduck_feral

Nov 10, 2016
    We've been noting all the feedback on the card colours and it's definitely something we're looking into for a future update. :)

15. Loke2112

Loke2112 Active Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Just read through all of the comments. I'm sold! Wish there was a multiplayer option but I'm sure it will be satisfying. Downloading tonight for my iPad Air 2

16. edddeduck_feral

Nov 10, 2016
    #76 edddeduck_feral, Nov 11, 2016
    Hope you have fun!

To anyone else reading this thread although expect almost everyone to have a perfect experience it's always possible something will confuse you or not work as you expected.

If you do any any questions have a look at the built in FAQs (found in the main menu) and if you are still stuck just send our support team an email or log a ticket via the in app support system. We have real humans working on support who are in the same building as the rest of our dev, design and QA team so we can look into issues directly with our other teams who know the code and game inside out.

We might not respond immediately if you email outside normal working hours however when we do reply we do actually look into your specific issue and won't just send a "turn it on and off again" reply :)

If you do this we can help, sadly Apple don't allow any replies or messages to be left when you leave a review on the iOS store. It's quite frustrating as sometimes we can see an upset reviewer and we know the solution we just can't tell them :(

17. shodanng

shodanng Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Why this game is not in Hong Kong App Store?

18. edddeduck_feral

Nov 10, 2016
    Currently Rome is not available to purchase in the China, Hong Kong and Taiwan stores due to licensing restrictions.

If this changes we'll let you know.

19. Diegan

Diegan Active Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Wanted to ask... Are there any plans to port other total war titles? I would LOVE to have medieval 2 or other titles ported!!

20. Amesiu

Amesiu Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Please korea too!