Universal ROME: Total War (By Feral Interactive)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Tsrx

Tsrx New Member

Dec 10, 2016
    Hi, I definitely did not play a historical battle, I played on Syrian Flats.

And I can't find that option in the menu, anyway I know you have to defeat factions in order to play them, but I remember it wasn't the case with Spain, Pontus, Macedon, Thracia, Numidia, Armenia, Scythia and Dacia (and SPQR). So unless you mod the game, you can't play them, which I always found weird since they are well balanced and free of bugs and glitches in the campaign.

2. jith_feral

jith_feral Active Member

Ok, could you please send an email to [email protected] then and someone from our support team will be able to work out what's going on.
    Sorry, I wasn't very clear about the menu option. It's available in the OS settings for the game, rather than the in-game menu. Let me know if you have trouble finding it!

3. PhoenixAG

PhoenixAG Active Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Yeah, what he's talking about is unlocking the non-playable factions in the game. In the original PC version, you could do this by modding some files in the game folders.

I don't think this can be easily done in the iPad version, unless someone has tried to access the game folder and try modding the files there.

For all the playable factions, the easy unlock option (much appreciated!) is there in iOS Settings app.

4. jith_feral

jith_feral Active Member

Ah, sorry, misunderstood you there! No, there's currently no way to do that for the iPad version.

Unrelated to the questions, we're currently streaming on the official Total War Twitch channel and showing off some of the improvements that we've made for the next patch for ROME: Total War on iPad!

5. Tsrx

Tsrx New Member

Dec 10, 2016
    No problem, its all okay now. And thank you very much, you're very kind :)

6. Dr Zob

Dr Zob New Member

Dec 29, 2016
    Is there anyway to show the overlay with a preview of the positions of where your troops are going to stand in battle mode? On PC this would appear when you held down the spacebar. I find it really important and almost indispensable in battle.

7. jith_feral

jith_feral Active Member

Hi, this isn't available right now but we're looking into adding it!

8. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    I'm just curious,does this launch at iPad 4?

9. jith_feral

jith_feral Active Member

Hi, ROME: Total War isn't supported on iPad 4. You can look at the full list of supported iPads at the Feral website!

10. Dr Zob

Dr Zob New Member

Dec 29, 2016
    That's great. Please do so also for barbarian invasion when it comes out.

If there was any way the most popular mods could be supported that would be amazing.

11. jith_feral

jith_feral Active Member

We can confirm we haven't announced anything about mod support, but we can look into it.

12. jith_feral

jith_feral Active Member

We’ve got a new patch for y’all today!
    Patch 1.5.2 brings some small but significant changes:
    • View the status and paths of player units on the battlefield using the new option on the Commander menu.
    • Tap and hold the map icon in Campaign mode to view additional information on settlements and fleet content.
    • Rotating and changing formation depth controls now triggered by tapping and holding two fingers on screen when any unit is selected.
    • Higher contrast green highlighting on selected units.
    • Zoom-out on battle mode has been extended for a more birds-eye view of the battle field.
    • Continued improvements to stability.

13. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    And universal support? :)

14. jith_feral

jith_feral Active Member

Hi, could you explain what you mean by that?

15. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    He means iPhone support.

16. jith_feral

jith_feral Active Member

We haven't announced plans to bring ROME: Total War to iPhone. Will let you know if we do though!

17. Devoid21

Devoid21 Active Member

Mar 23, 2013
    Love the game and thanks for the continued support but is there a reason it's 3 gbs every time it gets patched? I have a iPad pro 32gbs and every update is a bit problematic #. Well I'm off to make space for the update ###

18. jith_feral

jith_feral Active Member

Hello, this is because of how the App Store handles patches. You can try waiting 24 hours before you patch as the download size may be reduced by then, but we can't guarantee that it will be!

19. jith_feral

jith_feral Active Member

We've just put out a new trailer for ROME: Total War. You can find out more at the Feral website.

Also, our monthly newsletter will be out soon, so make sure you sign up to hear all the latest about our iOS games :)

20. stelph

stelph Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 16, 2016
    Just to feedback - very much appreciate the updates and in particular I find the changes to how you change formation make it much easier to change formation than it was before - and the overlay of paths makes it easier to see what your forces are doing!

Even though I have the game on my ipad mini, it would be great to hear of an Android version coming out since I also have an Nvidia Shield tablet and can imagine the Nvidia X1 would be able to run the game - and it would make it easier to get around the usual challenge of the wide range of android specs that you would otherwise have to support