Universal ROMANCING SAGA 2 (By SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, May 26, 2016.

1. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    After playing titan quests any UI thrown at me I will gladly accept it. ### I don't think it could go worse than titan quests

2. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    FYI: don't buy equipment as Gerrard. Once you control King Leon again, you can "buy" equipment for free. The shop keeper doesn't accept payment. So, stock up and fully outfit your party.

3. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Cheers to VirtualBoyFreak and Curtisrshideler for your imps! Not sitting on the fence here - I will get this. Just not yet...

4. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Thanks a lot! It is Arte Piazza, it's the second image you see when you open the game :D As for the battles, you can also change weapons by clicking on the option itself. I still have to get used to the game, since I come from the Final Fantasy saga and it's similar but different at the same time. I think I'll do the same as you and look for an English strategy guide to enlighten me in some places.

5. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    So, I dig squeenix games, but I'm still playing through FF IX. Is the battle system different from the usual fare in this one? Are there just tons of characters? What differentiates this from some of the old FF games aside from playing through several generations a la Phantasy Star III?

6. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #26 VirtualBoyFreak, May 26, 2016
    Last edited: May 26, 2016
    For me, I find that Final Fantasy held my hand more than Romancing Saga. Here, I've been "thrown" into a cave and I'm entering battles and got to open a chest and find a necklace. I've had several party members killed and relived, but I'm not very sure what's going on.

Take my words with a grain of salt though, since I'm at the very beginning of gameplay and I haven't had time to sit properly and play it.

Don't take me wrong: UI is fantastic, I just need time to getting used to it :) There's no virtual joystick nor crosshair to move, you just slide on the screen. It's been greatly adapted to mobiles.

7. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    #27 Dailon80, May 26, 2016
    Def better UI than Titans Quest ha
    Yes it can be tough at first when it battle but I love the fact you can go back if you think you did something wrong. Your side characters come back to life after dying in battle and I do like that. Give it time guys I've put some hours in on this one over last few months and it gets better as you get the hang of it.
    This link helped me when playing remember I have months on it :)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/snes/588633-romancing-sa-ga-2/faqs/31378

8. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #28 VirtualBoyFreak, May 26, 2016
    Thanks for the guide Dailon, it'll come in handy. I've seen your comments in the thread of the Japanese version, I'm pretty sure you're well into the game by now :)

9. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    #29 Derprozess, May 26, 2016
    I have to wait a week till I'll have the money to buy it, I just hope it won't be €20 by then

10. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Thanks! Yeah, that's the best one I've found so far too.

I wish most faqs were composed like the one I use for FFIX. The images and links are super helpful. And the formatting is so much easier to see and jump to parts you need to find. If you find a RS2 faq like this one, be sure to come back and tell us!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197338-final-fantasy-ix/faqs/71891?page=4#The%20Iifa%20Tree

11. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    This puts me off slightly..... I know it's a minor thing but it's one of my RPG bugbears.

Finger is still hovering over buy though but I've got pigeons to fall in love with.

12. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    this game is confusing... what's LP? SP? why does it keep saying formation break

13. Duranki

Duranki Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2011
    Has anyone tried this on an iPad? How does it look/play?

14. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    LP is life points, SP is spell points. You set a party formation, sometimes it is broken by enemies at the start of a fight and you are left in a line formation instead.

15. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    #35 Dailon80, May 26, 2016
    Romancing saga 2 is an excellent companion app to falling in love with pigeons! I know I bought both last night and I'm about to play pigeons but waiting for a Time when I know I won't be interrupted and can enjoy the story

Back to this one I also love the formations and the battles are actually to me a lot of fun once you get the controls down and realize things like you can slide your finger down to make the cursor go down almost like a control pad you just don't see it. Be precise with your touches.
    Time to go meet some pigeons

16. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I've just discovered this while exploring the castle. Since the game sets Dash as standard to walk, that's why formations always break.

The game is excellently adapted to mobile: controls are great and you can save everywhere. I think this adaptation has been nurtured to fit mobiles.

Attached Files:

17. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Ah ha. Good to know. Thanks. I missed that

18. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    So it sounds like we should just walk through the game and probably not use dash at all?

19. Tulki

Tulki Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Does anyone know if this has iCloud support? Guessing no?

20. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #40 VirtualBoyFreak, May 26, 2016
    Last edited: May 27, 2016
    Yes it does. Go to "network" in the main menu and you manage iCloud from there.

Not exactly. I have dash set as default. Since you see the enemies, whenever I get near them I hold the "D" button at the bottom right and I walk to start a fight. Other people might prefer to walk as default and press "D" to dash. Depends on the preference of each.

On a side note, I've had 2 crashes on my 4S after playing for nearly 2 hours. They happened when changing of scenery: one changing normally from a cave to the castle and the other while the story was told. Since you can save anywhere, it's not much of a problem. Just take note that if you are going to play on a 512MB RAM device as me, you have to get used to saving every few minutes so as not to lose too much progress when it crashes. It's more or less the same as with Crashlands, which also strongly recommends 1GB RAM devices (iPhone 5/iPad 3 and up basically). In any case, it's better like this than not being able to play at all.