iPad Rolly for iPhone!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by AppStoreGamer, Dec 31, 2008.

1. AppStoreGamer

AppStoreGamer Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    #1 AppStoreGamer, Dec 31, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2009
  2. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
  3. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Also, if you're the developer of Rolly, I think everyone would appreciate it if you put that in your signature. To do so go up to the User CP on the blue bar and edit your signature. People like to see what devs are on the site

4. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    #4 istopmotion, Dec 31, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
    Nevermind. The developer has changed his ways. I'm looking forward to see new levels on his game :) It has lots of potential!

5. tunawrap

tunawrap Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    #5 tunawrap, Dec 31, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
    Wooo

6. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    I just did...it's not too pretty...:eek:

7. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    you edited from "this game blows balls" to that. hmmmm

can you elaborate??

8. Freegoo

Freegoo Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2008
    I find it amusing that while the downloads to cracked apps were removed from the site, there are still directions on there on how to install bit torrent and find cracked games. It's not like it's that hard to figure out anyway... but it's just so ironic to find on a developer's website.

9. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Is the ball rolling through invisible mollasses or something? It's just too slow...

10. Eng

Eng Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    wow, it's much more polished than I thought.
    The levels kinda remind me of little big planet, the way you have materials that all act differently.
    This game is crying out for a level editor, that would possibly make it one of the greatest iPhone games.
    You should also add some materials, sponge - you can't jump as high, sticky material - you are stuck to it, quicksand - you sink in to it if you don't jump, ice - slippery surface.
    Please consider the little big planet style level editor, and new materials, I have faith in this game, it could be great.

11. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Web Developer / Designer
    PA, USA
    #11 nickels, Jan 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2009

Finally got the embed to work!

12. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Just wanted to post that the developer has lowered the price of the game to $1.

I think that is a more reasonable price, but I'm gonna wait for a few more levels :)

[Edit] For the post above me:

There ya go :)

13. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    Graphics look pretty smooth and nice. I think I will wait for Equilibrio though.

14. AppStoreGamer

Dec 31, 2008
    Thanks guys!

Currently working on level 8...shipping out the update to apple tomorrow night, hopefully it'll be out by the end of the week...expect six or more ADDITIONAL levels plus performance, optimization, and bug fixes. Also, added a "bomb dropper" and another surface....currently working on getting a "magnetic" surface.

15. AppStoreGamer

Dec 31, 2008
    Hey guys, here's some pics (off the device) of the 1.1.0 update that was just sent off to apple a little while ago...

Attached Files:

• 5.PNG
      5.PNG
      File size:
      77.2 KB
      Views:
    • 6.PNG
      6.PNG
      File size:
      49.1 KB
      Views:
    • 7.PNG
      7.PNG
      File size:
      13.1 KB
      Views:
    • 8.PNG
      8.PNG
      File size:
      102.7 KB
      Views:
    • 9.PNG
      9.PNG
      File size:
      91.5 KB
      Views:
  16. AppStoreGamer

Dec 31, 2008
    So here's the basic outline of what's been changed/updated:

-Fixed screen darkening
    -Toned-down explosions for performance issues
    -fixed level 4 and 5 background issues
    -fixed moving moveable platform in the "Controls" tab
    -added 6 levels
    -new GUI Skin
    -better level-select screen (for levels 11+)
    -added 2 more enemies (bomb launcher and turret)
    -added 1 more obstacle (rotting wood)
    -added "Bullet Time" (only for certain levels)
    -Updated Controls screen for new items

17. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    Couple questions:

-how did you create theat update so fast?
    -has the update been submited or approved by apple yet?

18. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    Okay, i bought it it's a buck so what the hell? The game is pretty good, there need to be some bug fixes and more levels but everything else seems great and i would like to hear about why Arn thought it was bad.

- first of all more and more challenging levels ( which you said you were going to add )
    -change the app icon, its too grey and it could turn off potential buyers.
    - change the background in the levels, the wood blocks are awsome but the background doesnt look very good.
    -put a jumping limit, i dont think that being able to jump THAT high is a good thing for the gameplay
    -Put a longer description in the appstore. The short description makes it look like you have nothing to offer an imo, you do.

Thats it for now, thanks for listening.;)

19. AppStoreGamer

Dec 31, 2008
    #19 AppStoreGamer, Jan 2, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
    Thanks a lot for the suggestions! When it comes to the icon, changed the icon in the update....now its yellow and i don't like that that much either...so I'm researching into an all-together different logo (if anyone has any suggestions, I'm open) The backgrounds are being worked on for the 1.2 release next month (1.1.1 should come out next week with more levels) also, a jumping limit is being worked on for 1.2...we wanted to implement it in the original release, but different levels require a different max jump number so we just decided to let the user control them...and thanks for the tip on the description...i never thought of it like that, but it makes sense. as for other updates with bugs/preformance, we try to keep track of them and fix them as soon as we see them. If you find one that you see, feel free to post it here (chances are, I'm not going to find all of them!)

and yes, the update (1.1) has been submitted and should be available shortly (I hope you like the bullet time mode as much as I do!!!)

Thanks for supporting!

EDIT:
    and as for how we got this update out so fast, we actually submitted v1.0.0 on the 20th but apple didn't get it out before X-mas and they were closed 23-28...appeared shortly there after so that gave us almost half a month to work on this release...

20. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    #20 pablo19, Jan 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
    I was playing through the levels a couple more times and I thought of some stuff you could add.

-About the jumping limit, I think insted of not being able to jump that high, you could put more of the "death" surfaces above, so jumps have to be controlled more, making the gameplay more challenging.

-I really like the 4th level where you have to ride on the wood, I think that was an awesome idea, and it would be great if you used it in more future levels.

-Make the finish surfaces smaller, just like in levels 2 & 5.

-I've also noticed you put a lot of stopping things after ramps, you could try the game without those, or making them death surfaces also to make the levels harder.

- A different color ball would also be welcome, You can see in games like rolando and smiles that bright colors are the way to go, makes the game look more modern.

-Make the "level #" buttons bigger, remember you can youse the whole screen:D

-I was also looking at your reviews in the U.S. Appstore they complain about how easy it is so try what I told you above. And they also want more levels, which is always a good thing meaning they like the game it was just to short.

-It would also be very nice to hear sounds when the ball falls on the different surfaces.

-Add highscores for the time it takes to beat a level!!!

I've actually played through it a couple of times, you really need to advertise the physics, I think they're great. And once you get more and more challenging levels this game could easily get into the top 25, if you play your cards right. I really can't wait for the update