iPad Rolly - Ball rolling physics game with "interesting" developer homepage...

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by defaude, Dec 30, 2008.

1. defaude

defaude Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Hi,

new tilting game, in which you have to navigate a ball through level and use some environment, you both react on gravity.

http://appshopper.com/games/rolly

1,99 seems nearly unfair for only 5 levels?!

iTunes leads you for "Rolly support" on this link:

http://www.http.com//appstoregamer.net/AppStoreGamer/Rolly_Support.html

of course this can't work technically, but let's fix:

http://appstoregamer.net/AppStoreGamer/Rolly_Support.html

Now here comes the scandal:

If you browse around the developers page:

[​IMG]

What a scandal Apple allows such a s*** in the appstore :mad:

Attached Files:

2. rhcpdrummer

rhcpdrummer Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    so if im not mistaken, this leads u to a website that hosts cravked apps??

3. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 19, 2008
    for what it's worth it's a pretty terrible game

4. Blueseas25

Blueseas25 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Surprisingly, the developer chooses not to include his own application in which he is trying to make money on in his download section.

Shocking.

5. defaude

defaude Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Hey arn why is this in the app section now and not longer in games? ^^

6. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 19, 2008
    Because you posted it there? :) I didn't move it. but I just moved it to games now.

arn

7. lazrhog

lazrhog Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Software
    UK
    They are gonna be in big trouble if apple find out !

8. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    this thread should be closed now :)

9. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    #9 istopmotion, Dec 31, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
    [Edit] The developer has removed those downloads from his site, and I think he's changed his ways. I apologize for sounding rude.

10. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    I think we should leave him alone...for now, see what HE has to say, hopefully he'll respond here or his other thread

11. AppStoreGamer

AppStoreGamer Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    #11 AppStoreGamer, Dec 31, 2008
    Hey guys, this is my first game on the app store, don't be too harsh!
    (and as for being to short, I was trying to get it out before X-mas but apple wasn't quick enough...five levels being added bi-weekly for the next couple months)

anyway, the downloads page has been removed (my site was originally meant to be for jailbreaking help and free game reviews)

hate all you want, I'm listening:)

12. AppStoreGamer

Dec 31, 2008
    and arn, i think its great what you've done with MacRumors and TouchArcade....i visit both daily....but come on!

"for what it's worth it's a pretty terrible game"

Here's straight outta your rule book:

"- Don't insult people - if you can't keep yourself from insulting others, you don't belong here"

and really, iStopmotion:

"PS He's got the most original developer name in the world. AppStoreGamer... lol"

this is coming from the guy who names himself directly after a program???
    if you're the dev of the program, thats fine and everything, but still, I don't go around calling myself "Rolly" (even though iStopMotion is a Sh!t load more successful then I could ever hope to be)

13. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    #13 Everydaynormalguy, Dec 31, 2008
    Oooooh, a developer who actually fights back? What an interesting development, let's watch...

14. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    1. I agree, people were a bit harsh but having jailbreak on your "support" site doesn't give you a good image

2. If it is your first game AND you were rushing it, don't put a 1.99$ price tag on it. .99 cents is always okay for a game and people usually don't feel that bad when they purchase something and they don't like it if its 99 cents.

3. Don't make promises you can't keep, we have heard devs promising updates every week/ 2 weeks, and you can't count on that helping you sell games here. We had the dev that created "urbantycoon" on Touch Arcade and he promised updates which never came.

4. The graphics of the game look great, I might purchase once there are more levels added

15. AppStoreGamer

Dec 31, 2008
    Thank you for being nice here! I have submitted a price change to apple (bringing it down to $0.99) but I wanted the price around christmas to be $1.99 and as I stated above, apple didn't put it out in time....and trust me, I don't plan on working on anything else for a while so the updates should keep on flowing!

16. tunawrap

tunawrap Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    He was insulting the game, not you. *holds back insult*

17. istopmotion

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    #17 istopmotion, Dec 31, 2008
    Ok, that thing I said about your name was wrong and I apologize, but it was also a harmless joke. I really don't like fighting here on the forums

And.. about istopmotion, go look me up on YouTube. I've had this name since before istopmotion was released (I think). ;) I've been a member of YT since around early '06? I started animating with iMovie before I had ever even heard of iStopMotion. But I see how you could get that.

(Note both my videos that are still up are from when I was 10-11 years old, and I might be deleting them. I don't sound like a dork anymore :p)

I completely agree.

PS I really am sorry about what I said, I didn't think it was a big deal. I edited all my posts to prevent another argument :S

18. AppStoreGamer

Dec 31, 2008
    Okay, I have no clue when iStopMotion came out but for now, I trust you...and btw, my friend loves the Tim and Eric Awesome Show also

19. AppStoreGamer

Dec 31, 2008
    well, with over 400 views so quickly, I guess I have to say, my game's gotten more exposure then it would have without you guys (even if it is bad exposure)

20. istopmotion

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Like I said in the other thread, the game has tons of potential! One of the reviews for the game in the app store say that they were interested because it's a physics game, but it's just too short. I guarantee your game will be more popular if you truly add more levels.

And thanks for believing me. I really did come up with that name myself. Boinx has seen my username on YouTube and they've even emailed me about it (nothing bad, they just thought it was weird). I've had it ever since I started clay animation and stopmotion about 6 years ago (when I was 10 :p) and I use it for just about everything I sign up for on the internet.