Universal RollerCoaster Tycoon® Classic (By Atari)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Dec 21, 2016.

1. TheVimFuego

TheVimFuego Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Nice, support like this makes me happy to drop some $ to encourage development of games that aren't a F2P timered money grab. :cool:

2. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Since someone brought up Transport Tycoon, let me use it as a frame of reference. I play on an iPhone and I found the Transport Tycoon controls extremely difficult. How do the RCTC controls on a phone compare? I've recently been playing Cities: Skylines and am sorely tempted to get this for mobile sim gaming while traveling offline. I have no experience with the RCT franchise.

3. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Just updated

4. DevL

DevL Active Member

Update just went through approval and is live.

Be good if some of you experiencing the crashing issue could try it?

Thanks!

5. Kramer

Kramer Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Yep, seems to be working fine now. Thanks for the swift response.

6. RayLancer

RayLancer Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Works great! I can finally play again :D

7. TheBeastlyNinja

TheBeastlyNinja Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Computer stuff
    Right behind you
    Is there a way to scale UI? I'm playing on an iPhone 6 and the UI is awfully small.

8. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    As small an issue as it is the most annoying thing for me currently is path placement, being in that when I'm placing a queue it'll instantly connect to the nearest path it passes by.

In the old games you could continue the line and it would change where the path is linked to but now if there is a path where I want my line nearby I have to delete all of the path and then make a line then a new path just so it doesn't auto connect and stay connected even if I'm trying to extend it.

Also anyone have tips on pricing? I doubled a lot of prices and the rides still seemed to stay busy.

9. DevL

DevL Active Member

We're looking into implementing a different behaviour for close path/queue placement, understand how it can be fiddly in some cases. Hopefully ready for the next update.

10. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Cheers, any advice on pricing and how to observe what is best? So far I've just been going off if I put the price up and the lines still stay full then the price must be ok.

It tough keeping my parks running a profit on the set prices rides ect come with but I could nearly double that and rides stayed busy.

11. DoubleBreastedWoman

Jan 10, 2017
    Could the deceloper please stop the game unpausing everytime you place a piece of track. And being able to sync saves, not just level progress would be nice, thanks.

12. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    I don't know about the latter, but unpausing when you're building is part of the game mechanics, as building stuff actually takes time. Just set it on the slowest speed and days go by really slowly, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

13. chk1975

chk1975 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    #133 chk1975, Jan 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    When I build and save a ride and use that ride in another scenario does the game consider that saved and rebuild ride an original design or a prebuild ride?

I am totally addicted to this digital crack, love it.

14. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Confucius once say, "...inaccurate fingers lead to distorted meaning; focused use of spellchecker and basic grasp of grammar is the first step on the long path to understanding.....". #

15. chk1975

Jan 9, 2011
    Hope that you can understand now.

16. coxy

coxy Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2011
    England
    Hi guys

When you finish a scenario successfully it only 'saves' your park rating. (so when you look at a completed scenario it shows your park rating)

Is park rating influenced at all by your loan? I always try and get my loan down on each scenario...but is there any point? (other than ensuring the payments you make each month goes down).

Thanks!

17. wizisi2k

wizisi2k Member

Jun 10, 2016
    Neto: you use the footprint to assign patrol areas AFTER you place the person. Also for rides: I put one mechanic with the patrol set just at the ride's exit-cuts down delays signifantly. Just do not assign too many blocks to a person. 2-3 is about optimal depending on your paths. You can go more maybe but I do not

18. chk1975

Jan 9, 2011
    #138 chk1975, Feb 3, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    I found this cool post on another forum http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1173659

It explains how to build realistic swarzkopf coasters.
    Building these gives you not only cool coasters but it gave me insight in better coaster design.
    Also learned that it matters in which order you press buttons, pressing a turn and then down gives another result then first down and then turn for example.

Especially the speedracer is good for practicing, found it a challenge to build even with the explaination but got it perfect in the end.
    So far build the first three and will make the others later.

Still enjoying this game immensly and bought all iap just to support the devs and because €7,- is way to cheap for such an amazing game :)

19. jForsythe

jForsythe Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2013
    Anyone remember that sim golf game i loved that game would be perfect for iOS. Getting to make and run your own golf course sounds boring but it was fun.

20. Eternally Frustrated

Oct 13, 2017
    #140 Eternally Frustrated, Oct 13, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    Nevermind