Universal RollerCoaster Tycoon® Classic (By Atari)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Mookmonster

Mookmonster Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Bug report: i am trying to build a custom go kart ride from scratch, and for some reason the game does not allow me to change the height of the track like it does when making any other ride. Am i missing something? Thank you for yiur time!

2. DevL

DevL Active Member

A fix for this should be out soon. It's not something you missed :)

3. TheBeastlyNinja

TheBeastlyNinja Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Computer stuff
    Right behind you
    Bump

4. sketchygargoyle

sketchygargoyle New Member

Dec 24, 2016
    So I just beat all scenarios in the ruby group (3rd) and it unlocked the sapphire group (4th). Just posting for anyone else that was curious like me.

5. nanl00127

nanl00127 Member

Dec 26, 2014
    You can always play one of your scenarios past the time limit. The game doesn't end when you meet or fail your scenario goals.

If "No money" scenarios count, in which you still manage but don't have to worry about money, then "Arid Heights" in Sapphire Group might be the first base game scenario that you can use as a sandbox. "Mega Park" used to be an unlock in RCT1 when you finished all the scenarios, and that is a true sandbox scenario, but it's not clear if it unlocks in this version, as I doubt anyone has finished all the RCT1 scenarios in RCTC (there is a Gold Group scenario called "Megaworld Park" but that's a challenging scenario based on "Mega Park").

If you have the Toolkit DLC, then of course you can make your own or download a sandbox scenario from the Internet.

6. TheBeastlyNinja

TheBeastlyNinja Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Computer stuff
    Right behind you
    Ah ok. I like in RTC3 where there's a "free play" mode where you still have to worry about money, but there aren't objectives or goals. It's just "here's land, build a park."

7. Mookmonster

Mookmonster Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Thank you! The lady friend loves this game, but some gui elements kinda frustrate her, especially bugs. Thank you!

8. colem

colem Member

Jan 16, 2013
    No reason you can't just play like this though, other than eventually you're going to get the notification that you either passed or failed your objective. Either way you can just keep playing and ignore it entirely.

9. RayLancer

RayLancer Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Not sure what happened but I was building an observatory deck ride and the game crashed. I can't open RCT anymore since it just crashes to the home screen after it's done loading. I guess I could just reinstall but I'd lose my save file...

10. chk1975

chk1975 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    When I was young I played railroad and transport tycoon to death.

When rollercoaster tycoon came out my tycooning days where over and never played it.

Bought rct3 last year and played it somewhat and tought it was ok not special.

Now rct classic is here and bought it just to support premium gaming and expected to play it some and then move on....... boy was I wrong.

This game is indeed awesome and rightfully a classic.
    I am already designing my own rides something I never did in rct3.

11. Kramer

Kramer Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2009
    I have had this too, as have loads of people of different forums and the App Store reviews - I hope they patch it quickly.

The only way it will work is if you delete it, reinstall and turn on airplane mode every time you play. Of course you'll lose your progress though.

Hope the devs know about this and are currently writing the patch as it's a real shame.

12. chk1975

chk1975 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Two handy tips I just discovered:

If people complain about vandalism in your park it is NOT enough to hire more guards and handymen, you need to manually repair the broken benches and thrashcans, otherwise people keep complaining.

You can save any ride without the iap designer.
    When you constructed a ride, let in test and when test results are in a save button pops up and you can save it and reuse in any scenario.

13. DevL

DevL Active Member

Anyone with the instant crashing or launch (at main menu), could you email me at [email protected] ?
    Need a bit more info on it - we think we know why it's happening but need to confirm - so could do with a bit of help in sending us a file from your device.

To avoid the problem, disable iCloud syncing in the game options as we believe it's related to the progression syncing. However please do let us know if you can send us a file when it is crashing (details if you email us).

Thanks!

14. TheClaff

TheClaff Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Senior Producer, Bethesda Game Studios
    Bethesda, Maryland
    Does it autosave your current game when you exit via home button? Or do you have to save with save button in menu?

15. RayLancer

RayLancer Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Sent an email with all the files I could grab through iTunes for RCTC. Hope it helps :)

16. nanl00127

nanl00127 Member

Dec 26, 2014
    If you press the Home Button, force close the app, or simply just run other stuff and let it leave your device's "active memory," it'll autosave your current park so that you can resume it when you open the app again.

If, however, you use the pause menu to quit to the main menu of the app, then you lose your progress if you didn't manually save earlier. If you crash then, probably the same is true.

Basically, it seems like it autosaves on exit, but then deletes the autosave when you resume the app or quit to the game's main menu.

17. FRnchFRy

FRnchFRy Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    I'm kinda torn. I can't decide between this or Transport Tycoon. I am familiar with RCT but not so much with Transport Tycoon. I'm assuming it's a matter of taste but does anyone have a favorite and if so why that over the other? (I'm sure they're both fantastic but right now I'm only able to get one.)

18. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Thanks for the great review TA! Spot on review
    I haven't really even got into this one yet even though I bought it right away but after reading the review I have got to get on that right away
    I played this one on PC back in the day at a friends house but never played it much so def looking forward to it and hope to see more good PC ports in the future

19. nanl00127

nanl00127 Member

Dec 26, 2014
    Transport Tycoon on the iOS is actually a port of Locomotion, which I believe is a 2004 sequel of sorts to the 1994 Transport Tycoon. Despite it being a sequel, it has a lot of features missing that were in the original Transport Tycoon. A lot of people play OpenTTD, which you can play on your computer (or on a jailbroken iPhone/iPad) for free. That version is probably a lot better than the Transport Tycoon game on the App Store.

To be fair, Locomotion isn't a terrible game. It just feels so limited to the options on the PC. RCTC, on the other hand, is pretty faithful to the original game(s).

If you really want to get a sense of what the Transport Tycoon game is like, I would get OpenTTD. If you like that, you might end up just playing that instead of Transport Tycoon on your iDevice.

20. DevL

DevL Active Member

It did, thanks, and to those who've also sent through files.

We submitted an update to Apple already and it will be in your hands as soon as they've done their thing.