Universal RollerCoaster Tycoon® Classic (By Atari)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Dec 21, 2016.

1. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Depends on the scenario I believe.

2. wizisi2k

wizisi2k Member

Jun 10, 2016
    I guess that is half bug half intentional. In RCT 1 with ANY scenario, you could set the admission price for the park. I did not get a chance to play much of RCT 2 so I cannot say how many scenarios there allowed for changing the price

3. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    True, I also only played RCT 1. No idea why it's different in part 2.

4. colem

colem Member

Jan 16, 2013
    #84 colem, Dec 25, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
    Same here I only ever played the 1st one. Can anyone confirm this was something from RCT2?

I'm onto another scenario now and I now can't charge for rides. This honestly seems to me to be more of a hurdle than not charging admission for the park. So it seems maybe like a bit more of a bug to me. I supposed maybe I'm looking at things wrong, what do you all think?

5. Phux

Phux New Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Thanks a lot. I went through all the tabs but overlooked that somehow.

6. walmartpolice

walmartpolice Well-Known Member

May 12, 2012
    If I'm not mistaken there are scenarios where the goal is to make a certain amount with free admission.

7. nanl00127

nanl00127 Member

Dec 26, 2014
    RCT2 only allows for either charging rides or charging admission. I think this is a file format limitation for RCT2 unfortunately, whether or not it can be changed without breaking save game compatibility with the old PC version's save games is something the developers have to look into themselves.

RCT2 scenarios are designed around this limitation. I'm guessing RCT1 scenarios are not. The mechanism for only charging for rides/admission came with one of RCT1's expansion packs (Loopy Landscapes, I think).

There are actually a couple of scenarios in the game where you don't have to worry about money at all.

8. fearlesskiller

Sep 6, 2012
    First gameplay, how do you do tutorials... i keep making a roller coaster but idk where to put roads for exit and entries...

9. parabola_master

parabola_master Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    I need help with this too. As a first time player, I've tried making several rides and at the end it won't let me finalize them. I was making a chair lift and it said "ride must start and end at station" or something, even though I'm pretty sure I did just that :/

I wish there was a way for the game to either "automatically self-complete" a ride that almost finished, or to highlight the square area where I need to fix.

Also, what do the blue footprints mean when selecting workers for your park? I'm also not sure how to designate workers for certain areas, so they don't just travel across the entire park (I know I can move them around though by grabbing them and dropping them off somewhere else)

10. gaymerX

gaymerX Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2014
    Adding paths to the entrance and exists is as easy as selecting the path tool (bottom left) and selecting the second tab that allows you to place your path in a linear fashion. Entrances need to have special queues made specifically for your guests to line up for the ride.

The fixed 3-quarter view can be tricky sometimes for completing rides.... look at it from different angles to make sure it's a complete loop. It becomes second nature eventually.

The blue footprints are for designating your employees patrol area. Mechanics, handymen, security, and performers will stay within their designated patrol areas. It's a great way to keep your park clean, ride-safe, and vandalism free, without having employees roaming all over the place.

11. nanl00127

nanl00127 Member

Dec 26, 2014
    Chairlifts are one of the few rides that should not loop. You need to have a single track that runs from the first station to the other one. The reason for this is that the chairlift will send the cars over to the second station on one line and then the second station will send the cars back to the first station on the other line.

AutoComplete would be pretty nice, but the only Rollercoaster game that I've played with that feature is Planet Coaster on the PC. If you have a good computer, you might want to try that game sometime.

12. parabola_master

parabola_master Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Thank you gaymerX and nanl00127 for your help! I've started reading online guides/hint pages for the original games on PC to help me out too. :)

I made my first roller coaster, and although none of my guests wanted to ride it (it seems it was too "intense" lol), it felt awesome seeing it run (albeit with empty carts lol)

13. fearlesskiller

Sep 6, 2012
    Maybe u didnt fully open it, u can make it run just as a test so maybe it was just on test runs

14. After I build an attraction I need to add an entrance and an exit.

Is it possible to rotate the entrance when I place it, or must it be placed perpendicular to the ride?

I'm sure the PC version allowed entrances to be rotated for more control over queue placement.

15. TheBeastlyNinja

TheBeastlyNinja Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Computer stuff
    Right behind you
    Is this just senarios or does it have a good free play mode as well? That's how I prefer to play games like this. Is this better or worse than the RC3 port?

16. brianj22

brianj22 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2016
    If you get the toolkit you can make your own scenario with unlimited funds, ridiculous space and pretty much every attraction unlocked from the get go. It requires a little work but is essentially a sandbox mode. This destroys the RCT3 port but RCT 3 sucks anyways. This is the real deal.

17. TheBeastlyNinja

TheBeastlyNinja Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Computer stuff
    Right behind you
    RCT 3 was the first one I played, so it's alittle more special to me haha.

Is there the free play mode that you still have to do normal park management stuff, just not locked into a senario?

18. brianj22

Dec 14, 2016
    If you get the toolkit you can make your own scenario with unlimited funds, ridiculous space and pretty much every attraction unlocked from the get go. It requires a little work but is essentially a sandbox mode. This destroys the RCT3 port but RCT 3 sucks anyways. This is the real deal.

19. Planetshooter

Planetshooter Well-Known Member

Game crashes

I played first scenario, reached October, game crashed.
    Restarted game, game crashed as soon as circular 'loading' icon finished doing its thing.
    Reset iPad, started game, game crashed same way as above.
    Deleted game, reinstalled, game crashed same way as above.
    Deleted Cloud data, deleted game, reinstalled game, game crashed same way as above.
    Repeated various steps listed above, game will not load into the saved game even though I'm sure I've removed all its data.

Anyone else had this happen, or know how I can get around it, please?

20. brianj22

Dec 14, 2016
    I'm confused about my double post as I didn't do that. Anyways hey if RCT 3 was your first then it's special. Your first will always be special #. RCT 1 and 2 are my childhood and just the best.