Universal RollerCoaster Tycoon® Classic (By Atari)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    This is the game I wanted when I bought the one that launched last year for 4.99.
    It was ok. I got about 30 min of gameplay.
    This one about 300 hours plus I see

2. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Oh........ oh my god.

3. brianj22

brianj22 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2016
    Right? This is one of the best Christmas presents.

4. nanl00127

nanl00127 Member

Dec 26, 2014
    #64 nanl00127, Dec 24, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
    I think you need to purchase the Ride Creator (which comes with the Tool Kit). I have tried to save designs in the scenarios themselves, but...no can do apparently. (This is a response to Phux's question earlier, for some reason I forgot to quote his post)

Just for those who haven't gotten the ToolKit yet and want to know what exactly is in it:

You get the Ride Designer, Scenario Designer, and Import/Export Functions. For the Import/Export function, you can export your saved games and scenarios to your email. You then open the email on another device and then import the attachment into your game. Alternatively, you can link your iPhone/iPad to iTunes and just directly copy the saved games and scenarios from the Apps section and then transfer the files to your other device. I wonder if you can do this connecting to iTunes thing without the ToolKit purchase. Would make the ToolKit somewhat pointless though.

The only majorly annoying thing about the ToolKit is that unless I'm missing something, you can't edit a scenario once you've already saved it without going through the trouble of opening it in game, saving a game, and then converting to a new scenario. You also cannot delete a scenario in the app itself. You have to connect to iTunes to delete saved scenarios. I'm also not really sure if you can really import some of the more awesome scenarios available for the original RCT2, as they use Object Data that...I have no idea how to import.

Game is still awesome though. Love having the game on the go.

5. TontikBunny

TontikBunny Active Member

Nov 14, 2016
    I have to know something before buy.

Is it possible to kill them via roller coaster?

6. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    It's not an IAP. You just need to start beating scenarios to unlock more

7. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    It controls way better than I actually expected. It's almost easier to place and remove things than on PC. Since you can remove things per category, so you won't remove your ride when you want to remove scenery. I think that wasn't the case in the original.

8. TheIronBeagle

TheIronBeagle Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2016
    Hardcore gamer
    Gravity Falls
    Quick questions about the Toolkit: for the ride designer, can you go in and just design a rollercoaster without having to go into a particular scenario? And also, for the scenario designer, is it possible to create a sort of sandbox mode by having unlimited time? Hoping the Toolkit will be worth it, and really open up the game a bit more. Not that it isn't great the way it is now.

9. TheVimFuego

TheVimFuego Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2014
    I believe this is part of the Dreamworld IAP.

10. nanl00127

nanl00127 Member

Dec 26, 2014
    In Ride Designer, you can design the rollercoaster (or even other rides as well, such as Monorails) without any particular scenario. You save your design and then can use it in any scenario.

(side note, it appears custom Gentle Rides are bugged, as you can't use sloped paths of any kind in your design even though the pre-built designs have sloped paths)

For the Scenario Designer, there are some win conditions that don't have a specific date. I think if you use the "Repay loan and achieve a given park value" win condition and never pay back your loan, then that probably will lead to an infinite game. At any rate, though, the game always lets you keep playing after you achieve the victory conditions anyways.

11. TheIronBeagle

TheIronBeagle Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2016
    Hardcore gamer
    Gravity Falls
    Thanks! This really helps to decide whether or not to buy. Might have to splurge a bit of Christmas money on this now...

12. Phux

Phux New Member

Feb 25, 2014
    How do you use your creation in a scenario? I save my rides, go to the scenario, but the name isn't under the available coasters to cresate.

Example, the second scenario, wooden coasters are available, and j made a wooden coaster in the ride creator, but it's not listed as a prebuilt option.

Not sure if I'm simply overlooking something but it is driving me bunkers trying to figure out how to get this to work.

13. nanl00127

nanl00127 Member

Dec 26, 2014
    Did you save the workspace in the Ride Designer or the actual design?

If you use the pause button in the bottom right and use the Save option on the right side of the screen, it'll save your workspace (basically the experimental space you're working with).

If you want to actually save your design for use, you need to open the ride management window (the one that allows you to open/close the ride, set prices in a scenario, etc). One of those tabs will allow you to save the design of the ride and any accompanying scenery.

14. candyjet

candyjet Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    I don't understand one aspect of the money. One of the menus shows profit per ride, per hour. This is usually hundreds or thousands of dollars, yet the amount of spare cash only creeps up. As this is profit, surely available cash should go up more quickly?

15. sketchygargoyle

sketchygargoyle New Member

Dec 24, 2016
    Any idea how many? Do I have to beat all in one group to move to the next?

16. nanl00127

nanl00127 Member

Dec 26, 2014
    I think when it says profit per hour, it means literally, profit per every hour you play in real-time (assuming you play at normal speed).

17. gaymerX

gaymerX Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2014
    Profit per hour is offset by your park operation expenses. Every ride costs money to maintain and you are also paying employees and running research for new rides etc...

18. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Best christmas present I could wish for. Love it on my iPhone.

19. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    To be honest dude. Not quite sure. I'm just beating the levels one scenario at a time and am just coming to the end of graphite. Will let you know when I complete some full groups. But so far, it seems you will have to complete a full set to unlock a new group of scenarios.

(When you look about the scenario group name there is a semi circle. It starts filling out with each scenario you complete. Like I said, I'm Guessing when you complete one full set, you then unlock a whole new set. Will let you know soon as I complete a set.)

20. colem

colem Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Has anyone figured out how to charge for admission to your park? I can't seem to figure out how to switch it from free.