Universal RollerCoaster Tycoon® Classic (By Atari)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Qw3rTYz

Qw3rTYz Active Member

Aug 9, 2013
    No way! Not limited to iOS 10/9/8 I love you.

2. Shkrbby

Shkrbby Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Is this like Sim City? Looks similar.

3. Diggity Dan

Diggity Dan Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Ninja (..no really I swear)
    [480] :: AZ
    Anyone throw down on the Toolkit IAP yet? I pretty much just want it for the Ride Designer so I don't have to waste in game time and money working out my coasters. But I don't know if it's worth the 5.99 price tag. Wish it was 1.99 like the other two packs. Any input on what makes it that much more expensive? I can't find any reviews for a toolkit on the PC version. Is it new to the mobile version?

4. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    I have also been impressed at how much carnage my child like visitors have been able wreak.

5. Grantlionheart

Sep 20, 2016
    Guards only really help mitigate vandalism where as park cleanliness is the main contributor, my last play through on pc I stuck to using a lot more handymen patroling 2-4 block areas depending on terrain, closeness to intense rides and density of breakable objects. Doing that I didn't seem to encounter as much vandalism as when I used to focus on guard patrols.

6. Woodlandstar

Woodlandstar Active Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Ok so I have an issue.
    Bought the game and all expansions on my iPhone.
    Then downloaded on iPad and restored purchases, all good.
    When I close the iPad app and go back in, I lose all my expansions and save games associated with them. Basically I have to restore purchases every single time I go back in.
    Just lost nearly 2 hours of progress.

7. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    One and two were always my favourite versions of the game, does it still have a sandbox mode on it? As much as I'll still play scenarios I spent more time on sandbox making parks.

8. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Does this game support Game Center?

9. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Hmm. Game keeps crashing on the select area tool to make a plot from 1 to 9 squares... go a few times back
    and forth and the keep will kick you out..

Good thing is, that it continue right away once you start the game again

Hope The devs are looking at the thread here

10. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    Couldn't resist - I had to pick this one up. I didn't get the expansions or the toolkit yet though. Are the expansions such that I should play the "vanilla" game first, and then spring for the expansions? Also not sure on toolkit yet though, either.

11. fearlesskiller

Sep 6, 2012
    Hello anyone does this game have sandbox mode

12. Mookmonster

Mookmonster Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    What is the diff been classic and 3 on iOS? Just diff graphics/scenarios? Both appear to be full games. Thank you!

13. brianj22

brianj22 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2016
    No, no sandbox mode as far as I can tell. Not really sure why no one could answer you. It's worth it though 6 bucks gets you all the best features of the first two games and tons on scenarios. Would have cost you 60 back in the days. Sure not quite as easy to control as the PC version but a really great port for what it is and great cost. This game is my childhood. I fired up this app and stared at the menu listening to the music grinning from ear to ear for a long time before starting a game. Some of the buttons are a little small on my 6S but I'll get used to it. Highly recommended.

14. brianj22

brianj22 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2016
    Matter of taste I guess. Full games yes but I hate the 3D cartoony graphics in 3. LOVE the original.

15. penguin_tri

penguin_tri Active Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Hi, I'm really enjoying this and runs perfectly on my iPad mini 2!

Just a quick question does anybody now how to drag or select a larger area when trying to buy more land for your park?

Also is it possible to drag out paths?

16. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    This is the God Game of all Rollercoaster Tycoon series and all other Coaster game..

17. theblackw0lf

theblackw0lf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Is there a way to reset the tutorial?

I quit out. And when I go back and restart the game with the first map the tutorial no longer pops up

18. sketchygargoyle

sketchygargoyle New Member

Dec 24, 2016
    #58 sketchygargoyle, Dec 24, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
    My favorite scenario (from the PC game) is arid heights. It's the closest to sandbox mode you can get in this game. Disappointed to see it locked from the start. It's in the sapphire group (4th group). Only 3 maps from the first 3 groups are unlocked from the outset. I beat a couple scenarios to see what would happen and it appears it unlocks a new scenario in the same grouping. Does anyone know to open up the sapphire group? Maybe one of the IAP purchases?

19. sketchygargoyle

sketchygargoyle New Member

Dec 24, 2016
    The map arid heights is close to sandbox. It's a huge desert map with no money. You just have to keep the park rating above a certain level to keep it open. Not sure how to play it, as it's locked from the start of the game.

20. Phux

Phux New Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Is there anyway to build coasters outside of scenarios and save them to be used? Was about to purchase the scenario editor to just see if that allowed it but thought I'd ask first.

If not, is it just possible to freeze time while you "try" to build a coaster? I remember being able to do this on the of, as well as build the park with the time paused. Is this not possible in the mobile version?