Universal RollerCoaster Tycoon® Classic (By Atari)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    RCT 3 was considered to be a faithful update of the original, although 1 and 2 are widely considered to be the definitive version(s). Younger audiences may prefer 3 due to the updated graphics, however.

2. Ubisububi

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Tap the "+" in the lower right corner to access IAPs

3. wizisi2k

wizisi2k Member

Jun 10, 2016
    Yeah. I found that after your quote. There is a scenario editor for $5.99 that also allows for importing tracks/scenarios/(maybe) saves for the pre built scenarios. Have not tested it for importing. The game is probably BEST experienced on a big ipad due to the sizes of windows. Missing from the merry go round is an option to change the music at the start, something you could do in RCT 1 if you owned the expansions

4. Ubisububi

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Yeah, desktop to mobile conversions are always a bit cramped on a phone. Nice catch on the carousel music. Since the original was written in machine language, I'm guessing they didn't have the code to peek at. I wonder what else is missing...

5. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    And for others wondering... it supports Icloud Sync...
    So I can play on iphone and Ipad pro...
    Love it..

Expansions look great too..
    There goes my life again.... I spent 100's of hours in the past on these suckers..

6. wizisi2k

wizisi2k Member

Jun 10, 2016
    One thing I have noticed in two scenarios is I cannot change the entry price for the park-there is no option. The music track selection is only missing on the carousel from what I can see.

7. gaymerX

gaymerX Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2014
    I played the original RCT when it first released. I spent many many many hours playing through and completing every single scenario and loved every minute of it. (And the expansions)

A few tips for new players:

- Always build benches near your roller coaster exits. Riders who get off a ride feeling sick will sit down and rest to keep from vomiting. It helps keep your park cleaner.

- Roller coasters with high excitement ratings are a better value to guests. If you are having trouble making your coaster exciting, try adding trees and scenery close to the coaster. It gives riders a feeling of speed and will increase your coasters ratings. You can make a 'medium' excitement rating change to 'high' just by adding simple scenery.

- Intertwined coasters and rides will add higher excitement ratings to both.

- Don't be afraid to push high prices on exciting rides initially. When attendance starts to wane for those rides, just lower the price a little and guests will start to see a better value for the ride. More guests will start riding.

- Always have mechanics, security, and handymen patrolling specific routes in your park. Spreading them out will help control litter and vandalism. If a guest vandalizes your park you will have to spend money replacing broken items.

- Create paths that encourage your guests to venture deeper into your park. Add entrances and exits for rides in such a way that your guests will exit on a completely different path that leads to another section of the park, but with a shortcut back to the rides entrance.

- place smaller exciting rides near bigger exciting rides. It encourages guests to try attractions they may not usually ride.

- As your park grows, spend money on advertising and marketing. This brings in guests and revenue.

- If you want more specific types of rides to be introduced into your build menus, just tick off the ride types you do and don't want in the research menu.

- If guests are not interested in a ride, look through their thoughts and see why.

- Some coaster types can be built small and short in length and still be rated as exciting with high revenue.

- The information kiosk is good for selling maps and umbrellas for inclement weather.

- Keep an eye on all your rides' reliability. If a coaster crashes it will kill guests and cause guests to exit your park. Fixing a coaster that has crashed will not automatically make it safe for guests... most guests will avoid the ride afterwards and comment that the ride is unsafe. Most times it's easier to just redesign a crashed coaster and take a loss on the old design. Always test your coasters before opening them up to the public.

Have fun!!!

8. pka4916

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Hmm... Guess the Icloud saves don't work with the iphone and ipad together.....
    Don't finding any saves, or i am missing something.
    the Sync is checked in the game..

9. brianj22

brianj22 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2016
    Wow. Mario and now the original Rollercoaster Tycoon on iOS! So happy I asked for a 128gb 6S for my birthday. Also grabbed Mini Metro, Octodad and Card Crawl for a buck each. What a great week. Kind of irrelevant for this thread but still, amazing.

10. DevL

DevL Active Member

iCloud syncing is only for the progression of the scenarios, i.e. those you've completed or not, not your progress within a scenario or save game.

11. DevL

DevL Active Member

You can change the admission/park entry price if the scenario allows it. For example, 'Evergreen Gardens' does but 'Forest Frontiers' does not.

Go to Park Info (top left icon), then select the cash tab. If there are selection arrows to the left and right of the 'Admission price' it means the option is enabled for the scenario.

12. fearlesskiller

Sep 6, 2012
    One question, is there a sandbox mode?

13. Kramer

Kramer Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2009
    On iPad and iPhone, I've reloaded the app and restarted the iPad and iPhone multiple times and it just crashes at the initial menu screen every time.

Hope they patch this asap, can't wait to play this further than I got before he crashes.

14. pka4916

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin

aah ok..
    Thanks for the update..

Maybe they can add it later on... would be nice to switch devices..
    Ipad pro is perfect format, Iphone 7s is a little cramped but playable if you have small fingers lol.

15. jamesmcadams82

jamesmcadams82 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    I think this is probably a daft question, but is it safe to assume that if I didn't click with Transport Tycoon or RCT3, I'm probably not going to click with this either?

The concept really appeals to me in theory (I adored the first Theme Park when it came out), but my attention span is woefully short and they seem designed for long stints of fairly meticulous care - totally wish I was cut out for that, but experience tells me otherwise.

I'm guessing that I should give this a pass for now?

16. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    If you didnt click at all with RCT 3 i would definitely pass for now, I do think 1 and 2 were better than 3 but they are essentially the same in a lot of ways

17. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    Funny you should say this dude. I LOVED the original Theme Park, and I have also always wanted to love the Roller Coaster Tycoon games, but I never really got into them. Maybe just came around at the wrong time in my gaming days!

Anyway, I was bored today, saw this and just brought it for hits and giggles.

I have only played a few sessions, but I instantly adore it! Graphics feel instant throwback nostalgia for the old theme park days and I was surprised at how chill it is. The sessions are quite short and well suited for mobile. It also seems to ease you brilliantly into this game. It seems like there is going to be an insane amount of depth as you get further into the game, but it brings you in brilliantly with fun challenge based mission that are hella easy to perform.

I'd say dive in bro. I have no regrets.

18. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    Lol,last few weeks have been rough for me! Bought Bully, then Bought Mini Metro for full price last week (great game), then bought MARIO (great game!) then just had to buy this awesomeness as well! Damn!

19. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    I played this quite a bit on PC, and don't remember having nearly the amount of vandalism I'm seeing on the port. Perhaps this was tweaked over the years but I'm finding my standard approach: 1 guard per 100 guests, patrolling <=3 blocks is not good enough. Anyone else notice this? Perhaps I just didn't manage it well before and never realized it.