Universal RollerCoaster Tycoon® 3 (by Frontier Developments Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Qw3rTYz

Qw3rTYz Active Member

Aug 9, 2013
    Is there the 1st person camera too?

2. aceyprime

aceyprime Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Yes, 1st person camera is available in the game - I tried it on a few coasters and a ferris wheel.

3. terrence92

terrence92 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Iphone 6 here and the game starts to lagg here and there. See the picture to get an idea of how "busy" the park is. I think this is a bad sign because the park isn't even that big...

Attached Files:

4. Nutcase

Nutcase New Member

Dec 11, 2014
    Is there a possibility of running this game on iPad 4? Maybe in future updates?

5. paulm12

paulm12 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2009
    school
    ummm Cali
    What the f? This came out of nowhere! Downloading right now; this is like a dream come true for me.

6. RichdWalrus

RichdWalrus New Member

Aug 13, 2015
    The PC version grew slower as your park grew bigger; it's always been the one fly in this awesome game's ointment. Speaking for myself, my current ios version of that same park has about twice as many attractions (including four coasters), is packed with peeps (and vomit), and I'm starting to notice a bit of frame drop in the coaster POVs.

Graphics can be altered to help the frame rate, (no shadows, making peeps invisible--wish I could do that in real parks), but it hasn't bugged me enough to resort to that yet.

Overall, though, I'm astonished with how well this plays on my iPhone6. It replicates the PC experience pretty much exactly. It uses up the battery like a bat outta hell, but it's still among the best five buck investments I've ever put into a mobile game. :)

7. jamesmcadams82

jamesmcadams82 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Really loving this - I was kinda hoping there'd be iCloud saves, but that aside I'm thrilled.

8. Borgqueenx

Borgqueenx Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Yes, but those are seperate parks. You cant have more then 1 save per park.

9. Wilderwolf

Wilderwolf New Member

Oct 12, 2012
    Just discovered there's a limit to how much you can put in a park. I finished all the goals for the Vanilla Hills park in career mode and once I placed the latest ride I got a popup that said "warning, you're approaching the item limit for this park."

It sucks, but it makes sense.

10. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    Bought this instantly yesterday morning but haven't been able to play it yet. Looking forward to spending a few hours this weekend. When I installed it on my iPad Air and launched it (just to see what it looked like)... I was surprised it looked really good -- wonder why they didn't go universal with it?

11. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

It is universal but an iPhone 5S or better is required.

12. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Never played any game in the series but pretty intrigued by the positive feedback..

13. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Every time I create a coaster I can't get enough speed to climb for the drop even if it's not all that big. What am I missing?

14. FlirtReynolds

FlirtReynolds New Member

Jul 14, 2015
    I'm not really sure what youre asking, just build a lift hill to climb and momentum does the rest.

15. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Sometimes its the cart you put on their. If its go two many cars or too many people it doesn't always climb.

16. Ended up getting this because I loved the first one and was glad to see the premium price type. Pretty fun and runs great. Definitely hard to control from your phone.

17. paulm12

paulm12 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2009
    school
    ummm Cali
    I remember thinking that they should just port the coaster creator from RCT2 and sell it; never imagined that they would port all of RCT3. The thing is running great so far, but I haven't built a giant park yet so I'm not sure how it would handle that. Frame rate is fantastic and the graphics are impressive; and I'm still on a 5s. Anyone who has a compatible device and enjoyed RCT3 on the PC owes it to themselves to pick this up, this is the best damn $5 I've ever spent.

What's so funny about this is it seems (at least in part) like a marketing move from Frontier to build hype for Planet Coaster. They know the fire is under their ass because RCT World (different dev) is likely going to be released this year, Q4, while Planet Coaster (which doesn't bear the RCT name) has to wait until at least 2016 for a release. Of course its also a great game and a well-done port.

Hopefully they'll add Soaked and Wild as expansions (or at least the rides from those games) as IAP (never thought I'd ask for IAP). Also, ports of RCT1 and 2 would be great, too, but I don't know if Frontier owns the rights to them like they do to RCT3.

18. terrence92

terrence92 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2013
    My old computer didn't lag this much after getting gold on the first mission. I have to toggle everything off just to keep the game going

19. Borgqueenx

Borgqueenx Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Cant figure out how to move entrances and exits, and i cant figure out how to edit terrain height.

Anyone knows?

20. RichdWalrus

RichdWalrus New Member

Aug 13, 2015
    Seriously? I'm playing it on iPhone6 and it's running great past gold on the first park with 4 huge coasters, over a dozen other rides, tons of peeps and landscaping. Haven't had to toggle anything off. Runs MUCH better that it did on my old computer.:)