Universal RollerCoaster Tycoon® 3 (by Frontier Developments Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 12, 2015.

1. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Think i just pooped my pants... Insta buy

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Seems like the thread got a bit detailed as they do. Anyone had much time with this yet for impressions? Preferably someone that's played the PC version for comparison and ease of the UI here.

I probably won't get much time for it until the weekend sadly.

3. ykazumi

ykazumi Member

Feb 24, 2010
    Kanagawa, Japan
    #83 ykazumi, Aug 13, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
    I'm running iOS8.4 in Japanese on iPhone6plus and I having the same problem.
    Wondering were the language option is.
    If there ain't any language settings then I hope there will be an update for that.

[Edit] For now if you change the iOS language to English the app will work in English. I guess the Japanese setting is either broken or not available for now.

4. RenTin850

RenTin850 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2013
    This game is AWESOME!

5. Aravon17

Aravon17 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2014
    In Awe!

Speechless wonder! Running unbelievably well on my iPod 6!

6. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    No cross save.

Oh well - might just run two seperate parks and work on them together. My iPhone one can be more of a thrill park (IE Six Flags) as that'll be the one I work on when out and about. My iPad one will be for my longer home sessions and more of a THEME park ie Magic Kingdom/Universal.

7. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    That's actually good news for me now my fiancée can play too now as I'll only play on my iPad anyway. I usually want games to transfer saves or have multiple save slots sometimes too so I can play on iPhone and iPad but then I need to be careful of my fiancée wants to play a game I have to make sure it won't cross over and ruin mine if I play it already.

Although now I'm worried about what will happen to my precious park when I get a new device? Although I imagine I won't replace the air 2 for a little while yet....don't imagine that much will be tempting me into the next iPad, maybe the one after.

I really hope the game gets noticed by people and purchased so that we get the expansions possibly in the future and so they decide to make them like this instead of the last timer fest.

8. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    iPod 6 has same chip as iPad Air 2, it used A8. Anyway I just wondering why the news about iPod Touch 6 doesn't as big as iPhone 6's news... :confused:

9. Hpmor

Hpmor Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2014
    I have a gameplay question: is it more slow-paced where you can plan your actions and have time to think (my preference) or do you constantly have to react and interact with elements (click-fest)?

I have tendonitis so I can't really play games that are to hectic. FTL was fine though as you could and would stop the action all the time.

10. pizzapoke

pizzapoke Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Haven't gotten around to playing the mobile yet, but from what I played on pc a while back, you could play the game at your own pace (I think you could fast forward/pause), but even then, the game doesn't really get too hectic.

11. Borgqueenx

Borgqueenx Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Here are my impressions. the game has not been proper beta tested but thats stuff i used on the pc version and you guys will unlikely notice it.
    For example: you cant set the minimum and maximum attraction waiting time.
    You also cannot press the information button of the app, it will make the app crash.

The UI works really smoothly and nicely (ipad air 2) sure, everything goes slower because we miss the mouse, but it works quite well.

Gameplay is smooth, not stuttering at all, but i have not made a megapark yet wich usally made my pc lag a bit.

I cant believe this thread only has 11 pages. What is wrong with you guys. Download this NOW :p

I also have a wishlist for the app....
    There are no seperate savegames. Only one savegame that automaticly gets updated. you can force close the game and your park is still saved. But you cant make multiple savegame files. so make a mistake....then you'l have to live with it. Thus making this game more challenging.

I also hope they will offer the expansion packs as iAP later.

I also hope they work on RCT2 for iOS.

12. asaw2

asaw2 Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2013
    South korea
    Miner Bug fixes Update is live.
    Is this language bug fix?

13. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    I think few pages back someone asked the same but with no reply (sorry if there was one and I missed it).
    Does anyone knows if there is a way to move around a building or a ride after you place them, without need to delete them and rebuild them on the preferred location?
    Otherwise the game runs awesome without any crashes on my iPad Air. My park is still small so I don't know what will happen if will be bigger and bigger but till now not even a single stability problem (latest iOS). And also 5 hours in without even understand it. Fantastic game and the devs seems to support it well (already a patch out). Hope it sells well so to bring the expansions.

14. Estrica

Estrica Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2012
    It's a normal paced real time strategy involving managing a theme park. Also at the top left corner there is a play button to pause the flow of time or to set it to normal speed or increased speed.

15. Zemar

Zemar Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Denmark
    Whenever I try to edit any name, the app freezes and then crashes. Anyone else with the same problem ? I'm playing on a iPhone 5S with iOS 8.4.

16. Wilderwolf

Wilderwolf New Member

Oct 12, 2012
    I just tried it on my iPhone 5S also running iOS 8.4 and renaming things doesn't freeze it for me.

17. Zemar

Zemar Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Denmark
    Okay. Maybe I just need to reboot my device and try again.

18. Mark Productions

Mark Productions Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2015
    USA
    Already have this on PC.

19. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    #99 ste86uk, Aug 13, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
    I remember playing a kind of sandbox mode but where money mattered? Sandbox here says unlimited funds? Or can campaign missions be played endlessly even after beating it?

Edit: Also somebody said you can't have multiple files but it seems you can create multiple sandbox saves.

20. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Umm, pretty sure you can. I have seen wording to that effect and some options in the sub sections on specific ride menus.