Universal RollerCoaster Tycoon® 3 (by Frontier Developments Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 12, 2015.

1. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Ha! Definitely. No regrets for mine. I worked at Subway (was my first real job). I actually bought FIFA soccer before being able to afford the system lol. If I had the games, I would make sure I bought the system. Loved it.

2. Wilderwolf

Wilderwolf New Member

Oct 12, 2012
    Do you think they'll release the two expansions for it too?

3. Darkcheney

Darkcheney Member

May 24, 2013
    I hate most, although not all,IAP. So I just put my money where my mouth is and bought this. Although...I've put my money where my mouth is many times by paying full price ($10-20) for dozens and dozens of games from Square Enix, Beamdog, Spiderweb Software and Slitherine and many others. Doing my part.

4. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Who knows, maybe if it sells well I'm sure they will.

It's good to see they have done this as the last game was so so poor. I haven't actually played since RCT2 so this one will be all new to me but since feedback here doesn't seem bad at all I'm getting it.

I never usually bother with missions though and generally play sandbox, it's still one you need to manage well though isn't it and not just unlimited money or anything?

5. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Won't allow to play on iPhone 5 or iPad mini . Lame

6. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    I still have my 3DO and Star Control II. That is a truly epic game.

On topic: I had a lot of fun back in the day with Theme Park. I'm not normally into sim games but I might just try this one.

7. Deygus

Deygus Member

Mar 11, 2015
    Heeellllllllllll Yes! Time to put on a tycoon party dress! This is awesome news! I've always been a huge RCT Fan except for that last one that came out in the App Store which was just plain sad. This is what it should have been in the first place all along!

Additionally I could think of at least 50+ other games that I feel would do very well if ported...

8. fearlesskk

fearlesskk Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Rip, my ipod5g is def too slow

9. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
  10. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Downloading now but work soon : ( so can you still build pathways underground and overground on this one?

Also on the screens roller coasters look messy, can you still build under the high sections? I always thought it looked cleaner doing that instead of the poles everywhere.

11. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    I thought I was dreaming.
    What a fantatic surprise! Played it like crazy on PC some years ago. Of course: instabought and downloading. :)

12. Sieye

Sieye Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    East Coast
    Does it have Cross Buy and/or save?

13. brighteyes74

brighteyes74 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Harrow , England
    Awesome, I loved this game on pc and this is unreal.. Can be a little awkward on my iPhone 6 plus tho but still loving it..no IAP wow.
    Ashame it doesn't run on my iPad 4 tho...

14. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Is there any way to move something like a path or ride after you placed it? Not by deleting and replacing.

15. volcanopele

volcanopele Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US
    So far I'm liking this. Not my favorite of the trilogy, but I am happy to have any of them on my iPad and it seem to run pretty well on my Air 2. The controls take some getting used to, but having played Transport Tycoon on here, I'm getting a handle on it.

16. hunkyducky1

hunkyducky1 Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2013
    I'm very impressed with this.

17. hunkyducky1

hunkyducky1 Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2013
    Do you think they will add the explansion packs at some point? I don't mind dishing out some money for them as an IAP.

18. hippiesrlame

hippiesrlame Active Member

Aug 30, 2011
    How does it run on an iPad Air?

19. Oldgamer

Oldgamer Well-Known Member

May 22, 2015
    Seems good so far! Had one crash but I had some stuff running in the background, removed it all and it's been great.

20. Ragn4rok 74

Ragn4rok 74 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Road Rash was killer on the 3DO! I bought mine new when they were around $400 or so which at the time was super expensive for a game system back then. I had the Panasonic version. I mainly bought it for Road Rash, Street Fighter (I can't remember which SF it was but it was darn near arcade perfect. Right down to how you could enter the arcade code for playing as Akuma) and Samurai Showdown. What a great system!