Universal RollerCoaster Tycoon® 3 (by Frontier Developments Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 12, 2015.

1. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Nice! Downloading now.

2. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Installed size is 679 mb

3. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    Ah right thanks that clears that up, i was thinking people getting a bit over excited for it and yet forgot how bad the other one was.

4. Crazyboy423

Crazyboy423 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Studdent
    France
    Noooooo!!! Not supported on iPad 4

5. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    Well you saying i went and looked and it says nothing below Air tablet is supported....

6. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Seems to be a problem with the tutorial videos, redirects to a private you tube stream. It doesn't offer any in game how to's.

Starting off has a career mode (with different scenarios to play out, and more to follow when they are unlocked and achieved), and a sandbox mode.

Graphics are good, no problems with the touch controls. Some of the finer details u have to pinch to zoom and see, but my eyes are old :).

The only problem I see currently is a lack of in game support for tutorials but it isn't needed for me as I logged many hours as a child and remember it well.

Camera zoom and rotation is also easily done and doesn't mess with the game in my eyes.

Probably a little easier to navigate with an iPad but works very well on iPhone 6

7. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Feels like this wasn't planned to release today then. Maybe it was meant to be a thursday release but someone ticked the wrong box? Or just forgot to make those YouTube videos public?

It's a bit weird.

How's the framerate?

8. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Performance ist great so far! But I hope for a tutorial because I never played the PC version.

9. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Well as soon as Frontier wakes up I'm sure they'll do something about those YouTube tutorial videos.

10. pauldavidmerritt

pauldavidmerritt Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Male
    Ultrasound reporting systems
    East Rutherford NJ
    Yes yes yes!! Thank you, developers. Will purchase this soon. Amazing.

11. Jaklar

Jaklar Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Nice

Runs great and plays great on Air 2. Superb interface, great graphics, the whole game is here, no IAP.

12. gaymerX

gaymerX Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2014
    Sounds to me that the offline tutorials make sense if the dev wants to keep the install size to a minimum. I think it's a fair trade off if the game runs smooth with solid controls.

13. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    I agree, I think this may have been a world wide release for tomorrow but who knows.

Frame rate is spot on, zooming in on guests shows no issues and changing views on my various rides has no adverse effects in performance.

This is the real deal with Chris Sawyers name on the intro screen ;)

14. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Agreed, and really the most confusing part for some who haven't played before will be path way placement or making your own coasters.

A lot of the career mode is dependent on conditions to achieve.

15. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Do you manage prices in stands, "recipes", etc. ? Like adding more salt to the fries, or more ice in the drinks, etc.?

16. RickyBrooke

RickyBrooke Well-Known Member

May 13, 2012
    Incredible! I can't believe this can in under the radar!!!

I've been waiting for a proper RCT mobile experience for years and now at last we have one. Instabuy for me and if the 2 expansions come out I'll snap them up too.

Just had a quick 5 mins play and it looks stunning with all the depth of the original game. Can't wait to sink some hours into this...

Well done Frontier!

17. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    You can manage everything much like the PC game, from color, to prices, to duration of rides, etc. this is RollerCoaster Rycoon 3 in almost every way except PC quality graphics (Thad not a slam at the game either, it looks fine for mobile)!

18. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Thanks. I haven't been involved in these games since Theme Park on my 3d0 lol.

19. darnoc703

darnoc703 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    I am on iPhone 6+ and the game just gets frozen at a black screen after the frontier logo. I can hear the title music however!

20. DevL

DevL Active Member

FWIW, this has nothing to do with Chris Sawyer - he's owns the copyright/trademark but had nothing to do with the development.
    Frontier did the original RCT3 on PC and have ported it.

Having looked I find it very strange that Apple approved a title that directly links to purchasing a PC product off the main menu; they have an advert for Planet Coaster pre-orders.