iPad Rollercoaster Rush - $2.99

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by VoodooVyper, May 25, 2009.

1. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    #1 VoodooVyper, May 25, 2009
    Last edited: May 25, 2009
    Now out

[​IMG] - [Full] - $2.99

[​IMG] - [Lite] - Free

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know there's a video in the 'upcoming' thread, but the thread doesn't seem to exist anymore. If someone could PM the youtube link, I'll edit it in to the thread.

2. XGLITE

XGLITE Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    England
    Looks alright I think I'll try the lite first though. Perhaps a price drop would do it good - 59p?

3. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
  4. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    It looks an awful lot like Theme Park Madness. I assume (because this is from Digital Chocolate) that this is the original edition.

I'm also assuming that this game (because this is from Digital Chocolate) runs at <15 frames per second. (I say that in every DC game thread, because it's true and because hopefully one day the devs over at DC will get off their high horse and understand that the iPhone is capable of much much more.)

5. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

I am surprised. This feels like an original iPhone game and not like a port. Most of their recent releases were unplayable crap, but this one feels as polished as Tower Bloxx Deluxe! And it makes really fun!

Framerate is fluid (I am on an original iPhone Classic).

6. Karuko

Karuko Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Yup, mobile game came out few years ago. It was pretty good, there's even a 3D version of the game. This one and Tower Bloxx were my favourites mobile games back then.

7. TouchChatterbox

TouchChatterbox Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Have played this on my previous phone. It was... ok. Got kind of mundane pretty quickly though as each level feels really similar. I am just getting the Lite version this time. Haven't played Theme Park Madness yet though so can't compare between the two.

8. Sucks hard till level 9. Levels 1 through 8 do nothing but hold button to right entire time...lame and boring till level 9. Jumps start at level 16. However even with the signs indicating a huge drop or what not pretty much impossible to predict. This game to me is just trial and error. Kill a few kids on the coaster and remember where their blood stains are and try not to repeat the same fatal crash again. Kinda like a memory game to me.

9. Albo

Albo Member

May 8, 2009
    Hmm...I'm pretty sure I remember playing a flash version of this that was pretty good.

10. I think this one could be fun if they had more of a zoomed out view for just a tad more predicatability. Right now it's a crap shoot.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Digital Chocolate is capable of so much more, they just don't use it. The graphics look absolutely horrible, and it looks boring beyond imagination. DC, get your facts straight and make a good port (or original game).

12. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    This is now the #16 Top Game. Does anyone here like it?

13. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

it's okay, I kind of burnt myself out on the flash game awhile back, however I did have to get it. I like it, but I don't love it. It's probably the first dchoc game I haven't had a gripe with in awhile.

14. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    Odd this game has no buzz here but it is now the #1 Free game and #10 Top Paid Game. Someone out there likes it. :)

15. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    I guess I contributed to the rise to #1 on the Free list. I tried it but, at least what was offered, was pretty boring and aimless. I don't know. Didn't catch the appeal.

16. Gebraroest

Gebraroest Active Member

May 24, 2009
    I played this on the PC before, it was amazingly hard

17. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
  18. arnoldc

arnoldc Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Tell me when the 3D versions go on sales. They are much better than this one.

19. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    The Halloween one just went on sale

20. arnoldc

arnoldc Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Wow, guess have to get the 3D one then. Thanks.