Universal Roll Turtle (by FU Chun-Wei)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, May 18, 2016.

1. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Can somebody please post a video or link on how to get all 3 eggs on level 19?

2. kirafu

kirafu Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Taiwan
    #42 kirafu, Jun 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
    in this game, time medal is biggest challenge, its hard but fun, some player beat the time, some player can't do it, I'm working on the android version and iOS update right now, I'll try to do something make it better, thank you for your patience and hope you continue to play and enjoy it.

thanks for your support and suggest, really glad you like "Roll Turtle" and talk about it :)

thanks, I'm glad you enjoy game, don't stop, have fun :)

3. kirafu

kirafu Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Taiwan
    #43 kirafu, Jun 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
    I'm glad you ask this, I received your message, and here is the "World 1 Level 19 Perfect Clear" youtube video for you, hope this video can help you :)

I greatly appreciate your review on app store, you understand and Love Roll Turtle and enjoy the fun, it's really touch my heart :)

4. DonnyDJ76

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Thanks for posting this video! When I get home from work I'm going to try it. I noticed you have to try and hit the top of the bouncer at the bottom. Will let you know if it works, so I can keep on "rolling!"

5. DonnyDJ76

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    At first I got 3 eggs but I didn't make it in time. Kept playing and was about to give up on the level. I kept trying to emulate what I saw in the video. After 45 min or so, getting closer to capitulating and moving on to World 2, I succeeded. That level was a ball buster, but it feels good to finally get it right. As my idol, former WWF/WWWF champ Bob Backlund says, never throw in the towel!

6. ksr

ksr Active Member

Apr 9, 2016
    I finally had a chance to play this: great game! I played straight through the hills world without stopping. I love the rabbit boss fight where it gets dark and the music gets intense, very funny.

7. kirafu

kirafu Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Taiwan
    #47 kirafu, Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
    wow! Congratulations, you did it! I'm glad to hear that :)
    I think 1-19 is the most challenging to get perfect of this game, you conquered it(1-19), you are mastered the skill of the game, other Worlds and levels will not be a problem ;)

here is a tip about contral skill for 1-19, the difficulty is get 3rd(final) egg In Baby Turtle left.

step 1, when you in this position, you have to hit mushroom
    [​IMG]

step 2, when first mushroom rebound, DON'T TOUCH RIGHT, and you have to TOUCH the LEFT at the right time, just TOUCH LEFT, Until collision right mushrooms and rebound.
    [​IMG]

step 3. to this position, when you on the Baby Turtle TOP, almost succeeded, now TOUCH RIGHT!!
    [​IMG]

step 4. finally, don't fall out and get it!
    [​IMG]

this game have real physical interactions, It's very easy to clear course, but hard to complete the challenges with fun,
    hope you like these tips. :)

8. kirafu

kirafu Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Taiwan
    thanks, ksr, I'm glad you like Roll Turtle, there are 5 different worlds, and the last world have a big surprise and when clear all worlds also have a something special waiting for player, I can't wait see you go in there, enjoy it :)

9. kirafu

kirafu Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Taiwan
    even Roll Turtle got apple Featured, gamesalad game of the month,
    some indie game award, I saw Touch Arcade reviewed "Rush Rally2" and "Pinball Breaker",
    I don't know why Touch Arcade editor skip "Roll Turtle" :confused:

[​IMG]
    apple Featured (5/19~5/26)

But I think if Touch Arcade's editor play it, they will love "Roll Turtle" just like you guys.
    Roll Turtle got great player review, thank you guys :)

[​IMG]

The localization of RollTurtle is in progress. The iOS version will support multiple languages in next update. :)
    and Android version will release this month.

[​IMG]

I'll update my work let you know, thank you guys :)

10. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Can you please make it so the timer starts once you touch the screen to go?

11. kirafu

kirafu Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Taiwan
    #51 kirafu, Jul 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
    coolpepper43, thank you for bringing this up!,
    yes!! it's will be a Roll Turtle new feature next update !
    now game rule is change, when you touch the screen to go, timer starts, I test it and play it, I think this really a fantastic suggestion!
    I think people will love this change, thank you :)

12. kirafu

kirafu Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Taiwan
    #52 kirafu, Jul 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
    RollTurtle‬ will update with new feature, and new app icon design, original design feeling is a baby game.
    Actually, Roll Turtle is a Hard Core platformer game.
    I want it shows its for serious gamers,
    I will use plan D with iOS update and Android version first release this month.
    which one is your favorite?

[​IMG]

and I consider carry "Roll Turtle" to the steam, but it's will need more work and more feature, and maybe change game engine.
    anyway, at first, release Android this month, and keep going!

Feel free to post any questions or comment,
    All feedback appreciated of course!
    thank you guys! :)

13. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Thank you so much!!! :)

14. kirafu

kirafu Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Taiwan
    Localization work has been completed, Roll Turtle is now available in all of the following languages(accessible from the settings menu): English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Chinese(Traditional), Chinese(Simplified), Thai,Indonesian Bahasa, Russian.

[​IMG]

And Android/Amazon version is get ready release, with some new feature and support Multi-language, "Roll Turtle" on Google Play/Amazon Planned Release Date is 2016/07/28, Thursday.
    (iOS will update in August)
    Although not a first launch, but I'm still excited for this ;)

15. kirafu

kirafu Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Taiwan
    #55 kirafu, Aug 19, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
    Roll Turtle v1.1 update released :)

What's New in This Version.
    • New language picker (accessible from the settings menu).
    • Roll Turtle is now available in all of the following languages:
    - English
    - French
    - Italian
    - German
    - Spanish
    - Japanese
    - Korean
    - Chinese(Traditional)
    - Chinese(Simplified)
    - Thai
    - Indonesian Bahasa
    - Russian

• New adjustment for the Time Medal Challenge:
    - The timer starts once you touch the screen. Off you go now, win that medal!
    • Added sound and music independent settings
    • Lowered the required number of eggs to unlock a New World.
    • Lowered the difficulty of some Time Medal Challenges.
    • Easier to unlock the secret achievement.

we're a very small team but we're working hard to make sure everybody is able to enjoy Roll Turtle!
    if any feedback, let me know. Thanks! :)

16. kirafu

kirafu Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Taiwan
    With this update, now is Summer sale 66% OFF for a limited time (8/19~8/22) ! Don't miss out! :)

17. kirafu

kirafu Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Taiwan
    Hi, I'm developer of Roll Turtle, for a long time not updated in this thread, here is some news of Roll Turtle, Roll Turtle's game engine is Gamesalad, and very honored the GameSalad Game of the Year for 2016 is "Roll Turtle".
    http://tinyurl.com/zzl86ma
    http://gamesalad.com/featured-games/roll-turtle
    [​IMG]

And Roll Turtle won IMGA Awards(International Mobile Gaming Awards)
    http://www.imgawards.com/news/announcing-winners-1st-imga-china/
    [​IMG]
    A total of 1300 games were submitted to the 1ST IMGA China and an on line panel of 200 game reviewers selected the 100 nominees. Then, on January 9th and 10th, a panel of jury (20 Chinese and 5 western mobile game experts) got together to play and select the winner: The Winner of "Best Quickplay Game" is Roll Turtle!
    It's a great honor to receive this award, thank you very much all the judges and friends who like this game. :D
    I have been a full time Indie Developer since 2014. I quit my regular job to create "Roll Turtle". At that time my son was born, he gave me the courage and inspiration to create something for him. Special thanks to my wife for her support. I did all the development on Roll Turtle except for the sound design. I never wanted to say that I'm a one man Indie developer, because without my wife and baby, I could never of completed Roll Turtle. (Although my baby frequently climbs on my lap and wants to type on the keyboard... this drives me insane).
    As a family, we push Roll Turtle forward, we adventure together, travel together, laugh together, cry together, we setup the monitor together, carry laptop in the rain, we pulled luggage, stroller and equipment in the sun, we participated in Causal Connect Asia 2015, Tokyo Game Show 2015, Taipei Game Show 2016...etc, we've been through all of this together.
    Roll Turtle filled me, my wife and baby with love and memories of the past 2 years. This is my life's most precious treasures, thank you all guys like this treasure, thank you all guys, anyone who play this game :)

18. DonnyDJ76

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Congratulations! This is truly a game that's not to be missed. Different levels of challenge for all types of players including completionists. Well polished and plenty of levels.

19. kirafu

kirafu Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Taiwan
    #59 kirafu, May 9, 2017
    Last edited: May 9, 2017
    Hi, Donny, as an early Roll Turtle game player, how sweet of you! I always love read player's comment, I truly appreciate it. :)
    Did you clear this game all world and level?

Actually, I don't know why almost 0 download in US everyday, I don't understand why, I think just nobody knows this game. Even Roll Turtle won IMGA China Best Quick Play award game and Gamesalad Game of the Year 2016, it’s such a let down. Such a beautiful game… and no one was downloading it. I think if people know this game and try it, they will love it.

I found a player who create Roll Turtle perfect clear all level walkthrough youtube video, I decided to share it here, hope its can be help everyone perfect clear this game, and let more people know this game, if you have any questions, please let me know, enjoy video :)

world1 level 1 - world1 level 3

world1 level 4 - world1 level 6

world1 level 7 - world1 level 9

world1 level 10 - world1 level 12

20. kirafu

kirafu Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Taiwan
    #60 kirafu, May 10, 2017
    Last edited: May 10, 2017
    world 1 level 13 - world 1 level 15

world 1 level 16 - world 1 level 18

world 1 level 19 - world 1 level 21(Boss)

The first world is completed. 1-19 is the difficulty of this game first world, if you can not be perfect clear, skip it, and when you get hidden character, you can challenge again, it's will be easy.

Feel free to post any questions, I'll give my answer as soon as possible (or give you a hint)
    All feedback appreciated of course!