Universal Roll Turtle (by FU Chun-Wei)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, May 18, 2016.

1. kirafu

kirafu Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Taiwan
    #21 kirafu, May 23, 2016
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
    I'm sorry to let you have that feeling, now iPad mini replay button a level needs to about 3~4 second. when turtle fall out screen, will return to the start position, just 1 second and you will not lose the egg or the stars, I hope the players do not give up level, Unless you want to challenge Medals and Achievements, I saw your on the leaderboard, won almost all crown of world 1, I have to say you are a great player,great skill!

[​IMG]

I will do my best to shorten the loading time, I'll try to improve that from 3~4 seconds to 1~2 seconds if i can.

There are many interesting and fun with Innovation level design in world 2~5, I hope you can continue to play and enjoy it, I'll try to improve it, and as soon as possible release update, I am very grateful for your suggestions, thank you!

I'm glad you like Roll Turtle, It still has a lot of fun things hidden waiting to be discovered, do enjoy the game! And don't hesitate to let me know if you have any feedback or suggestions :)

I'm working on the android version right now. It may take a while. Thank you for your patience.

and everyone else, glad you're enjoying Roll Turtle!
    Roll turtle just featured app store front page in Asia and 115 countries, (US are not included),now.
    maybe enough people like it and talk about it, It might cause the apple attention, and featured in US.
    hope more people notice and discover it and enjoy fun of Roll Turtle, thank you for your comment and support.

2. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Thanks kirafu for your dedication! I appreciate very much your presence and participation here and I know others do too! You made a very good game, congratulations! It is very challenging and I must confess I don't consider myself a platform gamer (where are you guys, come play this game and beat me! :D) but I will play some more :)

3. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #23 ROGER-NL, May 23, 2016
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
    You need both the eggs and the stars to get the crown medal, that's too hard on some levels, need a few more seconds specialy level 14 of world 1.

4. kirafu

kirafu Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Taiwan
    #24 kirafu, May 24, 2016
    Last edited: May 24, 2016
    Thanks for your support, enjoy the game :)

yes, you can easy to play and clear level, but if you want to challenge Medals, it would take a lot more skill.
    someone said is like "Dark Souls" style, haogamers.com : 6 great mobile games to look forward to #4.
    (this is 1 years ago report, at that time Roll turtle at Casual Connect Indie Prize Show Case)

5. kirafu

kirafu Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Taiwan
    ROGER-NL, here is World 1 Level 14 perfect clear video for you, hope it helps you, or you can just clear level, enjoy game. when finish all levels and worlds, You will learn more skills with game progress, back to challenge crown medal. thank you for your comment, if anyone have any feedback or suggestions. please let me know, thank you :)

6. Two.E

Two.E Member

Nov 20, 2015
    Wow

Very well-made game. Loving the small details and hidden aspects.
    Would recommend!
    Congrats on all the awards it has won for you.
    Best,

7. Look at that! Congrats on the US feature!

8. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I saw it on the front page of the app store. Looking good!

I actually found the same issues that were brought up before. Mainly load times and the timer constantly running when you are retrying the level. Otherwise, pretty solid.

9. kirafu

kirafu Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Taiwan
    thanks, Two.E, RossmanBrothersGames, I'm happy and thankful to see Roll Turtle currently featuring in US AppStore best new game!! Friends from the America, let's play Roll Turtle together!

I'll try do my best to shorten the loading time, I'll try to improve that from 3~4 seconds to 1~2 seconds if i can.
    and as soon as possible release update. hope you can continue to play and enjoy it, thank you for you comment, if there have any feedback or suggestions. please let me know, thank you :)

* And I want to know how many player finish all levels and worlds, if you did it, let us know :)

10. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Just to repeat what has been said already, this is an adorable little game that will kick you in the a$$. The challenge comes in trying to get that perfect run. The basics of the game are quick to learn and you will soon be mashing the reset button and wanting to throw your phone but the satisfaction when you finally hit that perfect run is well worth the high blood pressure medicine you will be buying later. :rolls eyes: Don't let the cute turtles fool you, they are evil. Not as hard as 774 Deaths but harder than Run Roo Run. I tend to be a completionist so it is hard for me to move onto the next level until I perfect the first one. Yeah, this is going to take a while. Highly recommended for gamers that like some challenge and enjoyment in the final reward.

11. supafly129

supafly129 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Los Angeles, CA
    I've also been following this dev for quite some time and must say this game is a masterpiece. I also really enjoy the subtle Super Mario Bros 3 references :D looking forward to reaching the later worlds!

12. kirafu

kirafu Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Taiwan
    #32 kirafu, May 31, 2016
    Last edited: May 31, 2016
    Thank you for your positive comments, It looks cute, but like sonic or super mario, it would take a lot more skill hidden there, you can just casual play or learn that skill hard core play. Many casual player only play Super Mario 1-1, and also enjoy that fun, I think this style is great and I love it :)

I'm glad you enjoy game, the content of the game enough to play 5~10 hours, there are 5 different worlds, the last world have a big surprise and when clear all worlds also have a something special waiting for player, have fun :)

13. kirafu

kirafu Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Taiwan
    #33 kirafu, Jun 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
    "GameSalad Game of the Month!"
    http://tinyurl.com/ztfnkn3

[​IMG]

The GameSalad May (2016) Game of the Month is Roll Turlte!
    Very pleased to receive this honor :)
    To celebrate Roll Turtle Featured in the GameSalad’s Game of the Month, we offer 33% OFF for a limited time ( 6/4 ~ 6/18).
    Roll Turtle is NO iap, No ads, PAY ONCE AND PLAY FOREVER game! Don't miss out!
    app store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id985077390

14. extreme472000

extreme472000 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Congrats! Well deserved and highly recommended. Hope anyone who doesn't already own this picks it up!

15. kirafu

kirafu Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Taiwan
    thanks, extreme472000, I'm glad you like this game :)

Price changes seems not yet take effect, maybe just wait 1~2 hours.

16. kirafu

kirafu Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Taiwan
    #36 kirafu, Jun 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
    I appreciate all who have already got intrested in this title, price changes now, it is time to get it :)

33% OFF for a limited time ( 6/4 ~ 6/18).
    It is not a Baby game, even though it looks very cute, some player say this game is the Dark Souls style of cute game with fun, if you want to try it, Don't miss out!
    And don't hesitate to let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions. thank you :)

new trailer

17. kirafu

kirafu Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Taiwan
    #37 kirafu, Jun 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
    "All Level Perfect!"

[​IMG]

First All Level Perfect Player!
    After game released 2 weeks, finally someone did it!
    Roll Turtle All Level Perfect is really hard and challenge, and this player just use Daddy Turtle did it!
    Great player! great skill! it's amazing! :)
    Who's next?

[​IMG]

"Congratulations of the great achievement!!! It's extremely hard to collect all the crowns, however, it's possible~ Thanks for your excellent work, I really have a great time during these days!!!"
    ~Yuxuan

Glad to see it happen!
    This player post on Roll Turtle Facebook page :)

"GameSalad Game of the Month!"
    33% OFF for a limited time ( 6/4 ~ 6/18).
    It is not a Baby game, even though it looks very cute, some player say this game is the Dark Souls style of cute game with fun, if you want to try it, Don't miss out! ;)
    And don't hesitate to let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions. thank you:)

18. kirafu

kirafu Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Taiwan
    #38 kirafu, Jun 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
    "Heroes in a Half Shell"
    Thanks for apple Featured, there are war tortoise, Roll Turtle, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Daddy Turtle not a hero, if Baby Turtle need, he would be a hero ;)

[​IMG]

19. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I picked this up a couple of days ago and it's amazing that this was built with game salad. I would have never even known if you didn't tell me. :)
    A big gaming pet peeve of mine is making it tough for me to play this game. Since, time is important in this game, why do you have the timer running before you can even press the buttons in some levels. Also, it runs before you press any buttons. :(

20. mmohunt

mmohunt Active Member

May 19, 2016
    Engineer
    Berlin Friedenau
    This game is quite awesome, I can't stop playing.