iPad Roll a Stone - YouTube video

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by larsef, Nov 29, 2008.

1. larsef

larsef Active Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Sweden
    #1 larsef, Nov 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2009
  2. jlake02

jlake02 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Manager
    Los Angeles
    Looks interesting, best of luck with your app! :)

3. Fazzy

Fazzy Well-Known Member

Wow, looks fun...
    Reminds me of BiiBall...

4. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    #4 salsamd, Nov 29, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
    Interesting: Labyrinth meets Biiball in 3D Space

I do like the virtual opponent multi-play, but are there other obstacles to avoid, like traps that temporarily slow down one's speed, etc.

"When I first got my iPhone, I wanted a game that would be fast paced, easy to pick up, have many levels, and have a multiplayer mode where I could play against myself. I decided to build that game, so I came up with Roll a Stone. This is exactly the game I was looking for. I hope you will enjoy it too. It will soon be out on the App Store in both a free version and a full version. The full version will cost $3.99.

The game idea is really simple but quite addictive. You roll a stone through a large map by tilting your iPhone slightly. To finish the level, you have to take all the stars in the map. The score is however decreasing with time and you need more than zero points to unlock the next level. There are other features too, like holes in the map that you should avoid.

The free version contains the two first levels from the full version. The full version contains 20 levels and more will be added in future updates. I’m already working on the next 20 levels that will be added later. The full version also contains a multiplayer mode that I really enjoy myself: your best round is recorded for each level so you can go back and play against yourself. You can also let a friend play against you. You will then see two stones, where the other stone is also played by you, but from your previous best round. It feels however like it would be controlled by another player, or by the computer. With this feature, you will always have someone to play against - your own best score."

5. larsef

larsef Active Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Sweden
    Yes, you can fall into space. Some levels have holes in the map, and sometimes there's no walls at all to bounce against, which will make you fall into free space if you are not careful. Then there are levels where the stone is much heavier, making it difficult to control it, and others where the stone is really light. There are no traps that temporarily slow you down, but there are sometimes red, green or blue walls where you need to get a red, green or blue star to pass through. The video just show the first level, which does not have any of these features.

6. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Looks great :) Thanks!