Rolando scored 9.5 on IGN

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by noah21c, Dec 19, 2008.

1. madsoul

madsoul Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    lol. dont be pathetic.

2. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

IGN. Wow, I'm shocked that it didn't get 7-ish range, with how harshly they review there.

3. aghartastudio

aghartastudio Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Game designer/ director
    Lyon, France
    Levi seems like a fair reviewer , I wish he would have reviewed 1112 himself...

4. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Just got a chance to read the review... It was pretty ridiculous

"Rolando also includes a very cool feature called iSave. When you press the home button to go back to work or if you have to take a call, Rolando saves your place and starts right back there the next time to you launch the game. You do not lose your progress."

cool feature? last time I checked if a game didn't save this feature it was bombarded with 1 star reviews... This isn't anything new.

It's really sad that no one is mentioning the problems with the game

In the start menu there is a "tell a friend" button and a button to take you to the ngmoco page. I don't mind these but why would you put a button that ejects you from the game right next the button that STARTS the game!?

The accelerometer controls are very shallow. tilting slightly makes the rolandos roll as fast as they can. Controlling a spikey rolando is hell on earth with left and right constantly switching and swiping up to jump regardless of orientation.

When a creature (rolando or shadow) speaks the camera focuses on them and refuses to let the camera pan away... even if you are actively controlling a rolando on the other side of the level. What's worse is that rolando continues to move while the other creature speaks.

My biggest gripe is that when you get a text message the game pauses for the notification... but the Quit Level button is right under both the Close and Reply buttons! So unless you tap on the far corners of the notification then you end up tapping through the box and quitting your current level!