Rolando price drop to 4.99 USD

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by yourofl10, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Yeah, I wasn't too impressed by it either. The hype was mostly because it was one of the first actual full games that took advantage of the iPhone's capabilities. It was ok, but not as fun as I expected.

I'm still searching for my ideal game :confused:

2. wonderva

wonderva Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Best game on the App Store, hands down.
    Can't wait for sequel/more levels!

Also, I bet the naysayers are also people who believe that Mario games suck because they are too childish.

3. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    I'm not even half way in this game yet. I can't beat that bridge building level with the royal commandos and the king.

:(

4. JuncoPartner

JuncoPartner Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    Developer, Redwind Software
    Dublin, Ireland
    Fraid not. I love all of the actual Mario games and Mario Kart is my favourite racing game of all time.

Incidently SlotZ is my favourite racer on iPhone OS with Crash a fair bit behind.

But back to the topic, Rolando simply is not that good as I said before. Looks like plenty others agree. Once you get past the nice art and polish there's not much there.

5. Spartan12103

Spartan12103 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    USA
    That's basically how I felt. I just don't think (personally) that this game is all that great. It's fun, but not as much as people played it out to be IMO.

6. mavis

mavis Well-Known Member

Some, perhaps. But not everyone. I beat New Super Mario Bros on the DS three times - all three stars each time - and I loved it. Can't freakin' stand Rolando. I think it was over-hyped and worth about $1-2, tops. But that's just my opinion.