Rolando price drop to 4.99 USD

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by yourofl10, Feb 21, 2009.

1. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    [app]Rolando[/app]

It's priced drop to 4.99

Wow I feal sorry for all those people that bought it at 9.99 USD

2. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    it was worth $10

3. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Yea lots of people r gonna say that.

4. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    It may be worth $10. I tried the lite version and enjoyed it. Then there are those who think it sucks. It's all suggestive.

5. Mandi

Mandi Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2008
    I got Rolando with a $10 gift card, so technically I got it for free. ^_^ I would have easily paid $10 for it though. I fully believe in paying full price for quality titles to help support the iPhone independent development community. At $4.99, this game is a steal that everyone should get.

6. BrushMyNoseOff

BrushMyNoseOff Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Coach / Photographer
    NYC
    Lot's of people are going to say that because it's true. While short, Rolando was one of the most well rounded games released for this platform so far. I'm not going to throw a fit because the company wants to boost sales by lowering the price. I always say - capitalism. If the price is right for me I buy it, $9.99 at release was fine with me.

Cheers

7. TRIPLE BEAM DREAM

TRIPLE BEAM DREAM Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Door County

Why? This game came out months ago, plus since when are you concerned about other peoples money. It was easily worth $9.99

8. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    I dont like the way ngmoco is doing this.

Just look

price drop
    lite
    price drop
    all in a month

heres what i would do

release
    when sales drop
    price cut-2 dollars
    when sales drop
    lite
    when sales drop
    price cut- 2-4 dollars

9. tayl0r

tayl0r Active Member

Feb 19, 2009
    programmer & game designer
    san diego, CA, USA
    It's impossible to know how best to price your app, when to discount, etc.

10. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Nah, I don't regret getting it. I don't think I would've held off until now.

11. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    I got it when it was $6 and I'm having a pretty good time with it. Worth $5 in my book

12. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    I for one am pissed because I bought it at $10 and never play it :(

Now I only pay that kind of money for games I KNOW I will get my money's worth out of: Puzzle Quest, The Quest, games with Quest in it, etc. Ahh the young and carefree days of new Touch ownership.

13. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    i bought it for ten and i havent put enough time into it. got crayon and fastlane and textropolis and scoops along with it.

14. FazzyReborn

FazzyReborn Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Damn, I've paid full price for all the ngmoco games, and now they're all half off... Except dropship.

15. JuncoPartner

JuncoPartner Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    Developer, Redwind Software
    Dublin, Ireland
    I bought this when it came out first for $9.99 cause I'm a sucker for hype.
    However I can honestly say now that I wouldn't even buy the game at $1.99 if I knew then what I know now. When you get past all the hype and hysteria it really just is not that good IMO. Sure its polished and has a really nice style to it but thats about it.
    No other game on the iPhone has had as much hype, support and coverage, especially here at touchArcade and the game still hasn't exactly lit the world on fire. It's doing well enough for sure but I would be amazed if the boys at ngmoco were happy with its ranking overall. And the reason it hasn't been the runaway success of something like say Fieldrunners is simply because it isnt as good.

16. different

different Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    If it was still selling well at $10, do you think ngmoco would have incentive to drop the price? No, they are dropping the price to boost sales.

17. anduril_ukr

anduril_ukr Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Student
    New Jersey
    Nope. I bought the game for $10, finished it in an hour and a half (and not a particularly fun hour and a half, as it was SO easy), and never played it again. I wouldn't say its a terrible game, just too easy and short for me. I will say that it has a lot of polish though.

18. Hobbes

Hobbes Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    I just can't bring myself to buy this game :( anyone else have/had this prob?

19. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    To me, the lite version has just enough. It's fun, but I don't need anymore. I'm going to say don't buy unless it drops to $1.99/$.99. Otherwise, you'll probably regret it like so many others have.