Rolando= not fun :(

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by smashbro8, Feb 1, 2009.

1. smashbro8

smashbro8 Active Member

Dec 31, 2008
    does anyone agree with me that rolando is a little fun but certainly not worth the 10 or 6 dollars. it gets too repetitive and after a few days i dont use it at all. i regret buying it now :(
    BOUNCE ON IS WAY BETTER!

2. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    It amazes me how people act like not liking a game is a new concept.

Do you like every 360, PS3 and Wii game?

Every game released on consoles before that?

So you don't like the game, some people like things others don't.

Welcome to life, I'm sorry you made a bad purchasing decision.

3. Paradox

Paradox Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2008
    well for the level of polish itself I actually find it quite worth it.

4. Skateboard313

Skateboard313 Active Member

Jan 15, 2009
    To be honest i loved it at first as well then got bored with it..randomly came back a month later and loved it lol then got bored again finally beat it this month and loved it again..you have to play that off and on not bendge play it!

5. rootbeersoup

rootbeersoup Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Rolando = overhyped

Water = wet

6. except when it's in its sold state (ice)

7. BrushMyNoseOff

BrushMyNoseOff Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Coach / Photographer
    NYC
    While I do think it was a bit over-hyped, I also think it's worth the asking price - even at its original $9.99.

Incredible polish, visuals, sound, replay value (trophies, time challenge) all add to a great experience. It's a matter of taste, as with everything but I don't see how it is not worth the price. It might not be your genre, or your 'thing', but it still is a great game in its kind.

PS. Did you get to the latter stages where other elements of gameplay are added - don't want to spoil it if you have not.

Cheers.

8. Sierra275

Sierra275 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    nil
    Singapore
    Well, that may be true, but Rolando is touted as one of the big hits of '08. It would be a bit dumb if somebody starts a similar topic about some obscure App that nobody knows about, but Rolando is a big thing. It's like Halo 3 to the Xbox, or MGS4 to the PS3. A big game should have more opinions, and it doesn't help that Pocketgamer and how-many-other-sites claim it's the must-have of '08. So to have an argument that it isn't all that fun is important for people to decide whether to buy it or not.

As for the subject of the topic itself, I can safely say that it is very fun. But the problem is that it's a puzzle game. Once you finish a puzzle game, it isn't a puzzle anymore, which detracts from the replayability. So while it's really fun and cute and one of the supposed best games of last year, you may be better of spending $6.99 on something more replayable.

9. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA

I couldn't have put it better myself ,Don.

10. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Ngmoco never said their game would be everyones cup of tea. The hype was created by fan boys. It's a fun game alot more immersive than 7 $1 bills sitting in your pocket.

11. field5

field5 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    never expect too much and you'll always be pleasantly surprised...

12. Master Shake

Master Shake Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    That's what I always tell my girlfriends.

13. shubhangam

shubhangam Active Member

Dec 27, 2008
    QFT

Happens with most game and movies.. especially movies, people get all excited and hate the movie, I go with a neutral opinion and love most of them..

14. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Funny, I love Rolando. I can easily see myself re-playing it a few times and even if I didn't it was well worth the $5 for me because I found the game itself, music, polish and charm to be irresistible. Mind you I was also a sucker for the PSP game LocoRoco which is very similar.

It's funny how some people will love a game and others will not. It's all subjective. I can't stand 90% of puzzle games and it p!sses me off because that's the majority of games released on the iPhone. I just don't know how you guys can love puzzle games so much :)

That, and we've all had our share of games we've purchased and despite all the reviews, videos and stuff we read/watched we still didn't end up liking it. Sh!t happens :)

15. different

different Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    It's one of the few games on iPhone which feel like a huge amount of time and effort went into creating them. Plus, it's outstanding for it's genre. If you don't like platformers then you will probably be bored with it after a while.

16. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    During the Rolando hype, I did not feel this game sounded or looked fun. I am the anti-commercial spokesman. I will admit it again, though. This is the best game on the Appstore!!

My favorite game: for now ROLANDO!!!!!!

17. gootch12

gootch12 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    New Orleans, USA
    I stayed off Rolando.

I thought it was overhyped...and I didn't think it looked like my type of game.

Then I bought it on a whim a couple of weeks ago, and...WOW!

All the praise that has been heaped on this title is deserved.

IMO, Rolando is definitely one of the best games released so far for the platform.

18. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Are threads like these a new virus infecting the TA forum?!
    "I don't like this game, who else"
    "This is no fun, who thinks the same"

Stupid!!
    It's totally normal, that some people like a game and others don't.
    That is called TASTE! And this is very personal!

And to all of these games you already find threads. So why start a new.
    I don't like alot of games. What's the point?

19. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    I second that. "I don't like payback or sneezies....what should i do?" "will rebooting help me enjoy these games more?" "can. Somebody tell me why I dont like this game?"

20. Alichan

Alichan Guest

#20 Alichan, Feb 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2009
    I have to disagree there. I think there is some legitimacy to threads like this. After all, that's what we are all looking for isn't it? That elusive magic recipe that makes you want to come back to a game again and again. I find it interesting what rocks one persons boat and not anothers, especially with a game like Rolando (although the thread title could do with a make-over. A bit one-sided at the moment. Maybe swap the frown with a question mark?).