iPad Rolando LITE!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by 1337brian, Feb 6, 2009.

1. BrushMyNoseOff

BrushMyNoseOff Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Coach / Photographer
    NYC
    Now you nay-sayers have a chance to play it and find out for yourself that this indeed is a great game. :)

2. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    Just as I going to post it. Anyway I'll give it a try and share my opinion.

P/S: I'm also one of those Rolando nay-sayers.

3. stanny

stanny Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    How long does the actual game last? Any replay value?

4. Spartan12103

Spartan12103 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    USA
    I tried and and it was decent, but still seems a bit pricy.

5. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Well lets see if this lives up to the hype...

6. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    I can respect and appreciate that this is an extremely well done game, but it's just not for me. Perhaps that's because I was such a huge fan of Loco Roco (which Rolando always draws comparisons to), that this seems overly complex to me. Oh, how I'd love to see Loco Roco on iPhone! Still, I'm glad I at least gave it a shot.

7. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    Well, after playing it for a couple of levels I can say that I'm glad I DIDNT purchased the game. Didn't really suits my playing style.

8. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Same here. This is a very well made game but its just not for me.

9. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Yeah, I must be some kind of freak or something, the game looks beautiful and I'm so glad I got a chance to try it, but I just can't seem to get into it. I didn't like Dizzy Bee for the same reason, even though I bought that.

I think I'll have to stick to my boring puzzle games, word games, and match three stuff... I have to admit, the variety of games in the AppStore is phenomenal, we're so lucky to have so many great choices. :)

10. THEDeliriumTrigger

THEDeliriumTrigger Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    I dont like this game. Sorry guys. An i think its totally awkward that they keep calling me finger...

11. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    I was and still am a nay-sayer.
    I love DizzyBee, but not this. Just can't get into the game.

12. Master Shake

Master Shake Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Is it just me or are the spiky ones a pain to control?

13. aleceiffel

aleceiffel Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    art supply buyer/artist
    Oregon
    i hate the spiky ones...yes, they do not have consistent control...trying to make them jump off of something drives me nuts sometimes...i bought the game when it came out, played it, got sick of it, tried it once more and never touched it again...not my type of game either.....graphics and music are nice though, but doesnt make up for the gameplay, in my opinion!

14. Master Shake

Master Shake Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    I loved Loco Roco but this... I'm just not sure about. Those little bastards never seem to do what you want them to.

15. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Strange little family in here.
    It just seems to be fun to hate this great game a bit.
    Opportunities, rise :)

16. ArdentMeridian

ArdentMeridian New Member

Feb 9, 2009
    I am glad they produced a lite version, since it turned out to be entirely uninteresting and no fun to play for me. I cannot quite put my finger on why.

There is no question that it is a high-quality and beautifully produced game, a standard of production more games should shoot for, but Rolando just does nothing for me.

A shame, as I bought both Topple and Dropship when they launched, and both of those, as well as Maze Finger, have been on my iPhone since they day they were purchased.

I have bought many games, a good few at their launch prices, so I am not balking at the price. I would happily pay $10 for Blue Attack for example, and have bought many games at that price. What I am finding personally is that, irrespective of price, the "bigger" games try to be on the iPhone the less I enjoy them.

17. xiao

xiao Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Well I think Rolando is a blast and definitely worth the 6 dollar entree fee.

Although I do wish it was a bit more "roll everything up into a big gooey liquid" rather than controlling and micromanaging each rolando.