Rolando is coming December 18th, 2008

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ngmoco - Neil, Dec 15, 2008.

1. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    OMG I'm so sorry.:p

I'll let you buy it at midnight so you can tell me how it is when I wake up;)

2. THEDeliriumTrigger

THEDeliriumTrigger Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Haha, im going to be very amused when i come back onto the fourms on the 18th, and everyone is complaining about their new game! I really dont see it living up the all of the hype its creating. Im not saying its gong to be bad, just not as good as everyone hopes :)

3. Thorero

Thorero Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Graphic Designer, 3D Modeller, Web Design
    Portugal
    And that is the reason I assume every game is going to be a Crapp App when I download it, that way I'm not dissapointed.

I totally agree! Just because I said it seems like a lot, doesn't mean I won't buy it.

4. THEDeliriumTrigger

THEDeliriumTrigger Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Well the other members of this fourm dont seem to have the same mindset as you lol

5. BadSanta

BadSanta Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Milan,Italy
    Sure,me too.
    But how long should be a level to meet your standard?
    This kind of game usually have a 5-15 minutes/level.
    And 10*36 levels = 360/60 = 6 hours.
    I bet that this game will not last more than six/seven hours.

6. Deadlock

Deadlock Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Looks like I may have to pick this game up when I get off of work tonight... Assuming that it will actually be out :)

7. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    You know, 10 minutes a level would be awesome, and assuming that you make mistakes it will take even longer to beat. But if it's more like 5 minutes a level, I'll have to check on opinions about replay ability b4 purchasing

8. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Cuz I'm feelin' kinda lazy right now, can anyone explain to me what's so great about the game besides it's coming from ngmoco?

9. tunawrap

tunawrap Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Im just going to buy it because I love physics-based games more than life xD

10. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Thats a good strategy. The first time I saw the Dark Knight i had hyped it up so much in my mind that i though it would be the greatest thing of all time. When i saw it (in imax) i thought it was ok. Lowered my expectations, saw it again, not even in imax, and it was way better, easily the best movie of the year.

11. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    Its a revolution in Iphone and Ipotch gaming, combining both accelerometer and touch controls in one lovable story of a finger trying to save little colorful balls (does that sound right?).

Also it's 9.99 and we all know what that means ;)

12. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Also to ngmoco, why did it take so long for this to come out? Was this your doing, because the developer Simon said that it was going to be done in August. I checked the appstore every day looking for it (back then there were no fancy rss feeds) for like 2 months straight, so i am very happy that it is finally coming out.

13. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Well, at $9.99, you should hold it off more, or have a massive promo code contest on here. Because if not, I'm going to be reluctant to get this blind. Please $4.99 for atleast a day or two.

14. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    Trust me they won't be missing out on the people that buy it no matter the price tag,the hype has made people expect it and buy it upon release.

15. Coral

Coral Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    I am very excited for this release. I don't have the money now to buy it but after the holidays I will purchase it for sure. I hope reviews come in good because I will be reading them for a few days.

16. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    I was just listening to the music from Mr. Scruff and it's going to be flipping perfect for Rolando.

*squeal*

17. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    if this came out at midnight EST time it would be great!

18. Thorero

Thorero Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Graphic Designer, 3D Modeller, Web Design
    Portugal
    Which is why I'll probably sit back, wait a while, and let the price come down. When Dropship came out I didn't jump on it, and the price came down, I've seen it happen before with a lot of games(and apps), so I'll hold off on the purchase of this for a good while.

19. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    +1
    :)

20. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Hmm I really don't know what I'm going to do tomorrow. At first I thought "No way I'm going to get a $9,99 game if there are so many other, cheaper games available". Then I got dragged into the hype over the last few days and I was pretty much prepared to impulse-buy this game. And then people start saying that they're going to wait, which makes me think "Yeah, that's probably the smartest thing to do".

Hehe luckily I still have a day to make up my mind, and I guess I should at least first check out the first reports about the game. And it's great that we can do that in this forum, it has certainly brought people together. :cool: