Rolando-copyright problems?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by wilson, Dec 18, 2008.

1. razorianfly

razorianfly Well-Known Member

#21 razorianfly, Dec 19, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
    It’s been stated by ngmoco themselves that this is in no way a port of Loco Roco.
    This is Rolando, and Rolando is a unique trademarked creation of Ngmoco.

Yes, the artwork resembles that of Loco Roco, and yes the background work is almost identical, but whichever documents they've signed or favours they've pulled, it's on the store, and I can assure you it will stay there.

This is going to be a money-pony for Ngmoco and Apple ... and they know it.

It was only released yesterday, and seeing as though it has 33 positive reviews, bearing in mind you can now only post a review, while owning the product, this essentially means ngmoco made a whopping ~£198 / ~$298 in less than 24 hours.

Now this will slow down, so say they get a average of 20 sales a day, that's still ~£120 / ~$220. Multiply this by 30 days for one month's revenue, and then 52 weeks for the year. Works out at roughly ~£187.000 / ~$287.000.

Worldwide sales, just 20 copies a day --- Imagine if they sold 50 copies a day, 100 ... 200 possibly?

Rolando my friends, is going no-where.

R-Fly

2. SudoWorks LLC

SudoWorks LLC Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    no my friend I would say by now they have made $5,000 to $10,000

reports are that Apps at the top of the list are getting 3k+ downloads per day. So for example Field Runners should be pulling in $15,000 per day or 5 million dollars per year