Rolando-copyright problems?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by wilson, Dec 18, 2008.

1. wilson

wilson Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Canada, ON
    is it posible that it will get removed from the appstore for copy right problems because i cant get it until christmass and im scared sony might get rid of it..

2. chandler55

chandler55 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    i would say no chance, rolando is to locoroco as halo is to call of duty

3. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    It made it through into the appstore, and it's like RocoLoco but ISN'T RocoLoco. You're fine. It'll stick. If it get's removed, Apple is in for it big time.

4. slomper

slomper Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2008
    ngmoco is a very large company for the iphone and it would not release such a big title without signing all the papers.

in other words dont worry

5. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    #5 CloneWars, Dec 18, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
    Probably not, that would be very unlikely,
    If ur thinking that it would get taken off because of copy right issues with locoroko then ur wrong
    there pretty different

6. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    First of all, I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but the rules say that your thread title needs to be descriptive. If you just say "Rolando..." that could mean anything about the game.

Anyway, this game is almost nothing like Loco Roco. It has similar gameplay and artwork, but it's mostly different. It will NOT be removed. You really don't have to worry about that. Rolando has been anticipated for months and Sony would've taken action a long time ago if they really thought they needed to.

Just don't worry about it. Be patient and buy it when Christmas comes :)

Have a good Christmas by the way :)

[Edit] Oh wow... I saw this thread and it didn't have any replies and after just finishing my post, I see there are like 5 posts. :p I should've typed faster, haha

7. othernine

othernine Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Northern Ireland
    It's been well publicized for about 6 months now, I doubt Sony would wait until it was released to go after it.

8. monk666

monk666 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Very large as in how large? 8 people? 10 people?
    Their office in SF is tiny.

9. BadSanta

BadSanta Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Milan,Italy
    Why?
    Because there are another title with a similar gameplay (not very similar btw).
    If this game suffers of copyright problems all the games of the past ten year are illegal for the same reason.

10. The Lab

The Lab Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Utah
    I wasn't even aware of there being any copyright issues with Rolando? Where did this news break? Is there an article? Or is this a rumor that is going to start circulating?

11. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Yes, its true, everyone better buy Rolando now, because as we speak Sony is mobilizing its army of lawyers to take ngmoco down! :eek:

Serious though, they should sue, I said it earlier but from what I can tell this isn't like LocoRoco, this is LocoRoco.
    :D

12. terrett101

terrett101 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    There aren't any, the OP is just wondering whether there could be, and therefore should he/she buy now. A lot of people have drawn comparisons with LocoRoco or whatever it's called, and so they're worried that maybe the similarity is a little too close.

13. henr1kk

henr1kk Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Independent Game Designer and Developer
    Porto, Portugal
    I'm thinking you forgot the "/sarcasm" at the end...

This game surpasses LocoRoco, IMO.
    I had fun playing Rolando, I didn't have fun playing LocoRoco.
    There.

14. SudoWorks LLC

SudoWorks LLC Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    you can't copyright gameplay (at least not in America) there is 0% risk of that.

15. Owen

Owen Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    That still does not stop the Appstore from removing all the Tetris clones.

16. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    You are new to this forum, aren't you? :)

17. different

different Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    For the record, I don't think Rolando is like LocoRoco in terms of gameplay. It seems more of a Lemmings/puzzle hybrid, with much more flexibility in movement (Lemmings were dumb and moved of their own accord). A more accurate comparison would be Dizzy Bee/LocoRoco, as you have worlds that need to be tilted, but even this comparison would be shallow enough not to even bring it up.

Yes, LR+Rolando have a similar graphical style, but the difference is mostly cosmetic. I say this without playing either game, but you can tell from videos of both games that they are very different. The only common traits are the graphical style and the fact that they take place in 2d worlds.

18. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Rolando isn't even close to being a Loco Roco clone. Where are people getting this?

And even if it was, people can't copyright gameplay. If you could, then millions of developers would be dead broke.

19. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    Theres actually a much less chance of this happening

20. henr1kk

henr1kk Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Independent Game Designer and Developer
    Porto, Portugal
    Yeah, I'm a bit of a n00b around here ;)