Rolando Coming Dec 12

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by matt, Nov 22, 2008.

1. matt

matt Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Blogger/Student/Public Relations
    Collins,GA
    Ok this is the second time I have posted this. The first time the video was pulled from Youtube but nows it back up and I am guessing its official. At the end of the trailer it says coming December 12, 2008.

Still no word on price but I am guessing $9.99.

Anyone have any thoughts on game gameplay? I am still trying to figure out how everything plays, I wish we had more info on gameplay.

2. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    hmmm.. im not sure about the game now... is the ZOOMING to the character necessary? sort of like you have to "select" them

3. ravenvii

ravenvii Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Dude, that video made the game look even more awesome to me!

Now I understand how it's played. I can't wait!

4. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    Looks like such a fun and unique game

5. emb531

emb531 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    I can't wait for this game! The video really makes the gameplay look fun. Hopefully the release wasn't pushed back, as it only says "Coming December" now on the game homepage :(

6. CBraun53

CBraun53 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Video is no longer available. Not sure what the big deal is about this game judging based off of the past videos. I'll wait to see some reviews and more video of the gameplay before making my decision though.

7. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    Can't Wait :D

8. President Mika

Nov 22, 2008
    Looks fun, and beautiful...still not sure if I want to pay 9.99 for though. That's assuming that's the price.

9. Sweet looks like improved version of Gish I played 5 years ago. I hope they make it like Gish where you can have sticky feet and be heavy or light. This looks like a real cool game. Can't wait for it to come out. Also curious if it would have smashable objects. I forgot name of xbox game but you like elivated boxes with your mind and smashed boxes and they obeyed the laws of pyhsics too. Regardless I'm sure Rolando is getting some nice polish to it.

10. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
  11. monk666

monk666 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    It is a Gish clone. I don't really like ngmoco, they are just a publisher without a development studio of their own. Unlike what the press had been led to belive, they are NOT the creator of Rolando. The actual maker is Simon Oliver. He released videos of early Rolando prototype wayyy before ngmoco even existed.

I guess ngmoco threw enough money at Simon to convince him not to publish the game himself... Just sounds ridiculous to me. He could've easily just publish the game himself instead of letting ngmoco take all the glory (and cut of the profits).

So next time before anyone start singing the praises of ngmoco, no you idiots, they did not make Rolando. Simon Oliver did!