Rolando coming 18th of December

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by TumbleBug, Dec 14, 2008.

1. monk666

monk666 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Did they mention it is 18th Dec 2008 or 2009???

2. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Well I trust their marketing department that they're not going to advertise for a game that will come out in 369 days. :)

3. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Hmmm... well... I don't even think I'm going to answer that if you're serious. :rolleyes:

4. spmwinkel

Oct 22, 2008
    I just e-mailed Simon @ handcircus and asked about the size of the levels. (I also mentioned we're wondering about the price and release date but I don't assume to get an answer on that).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXBNn4YUtVU
    and
    http://www.handcircus.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/w2_rescue_party_screen1.png
    show what *could* be a full level, but I think that the screenshot (second link) has more at the right side (considering that the rotating yellow things don't completely fit on the screen).

5. spmwinkel

Oct 22, 2008
    I'm on my iPod touch so I can't paste the exact reply from Simon, but the main points:

Variety in level size since some focus on puzzle solving and some on platform challenge.
    Some early levels in the first world are relatively short as they serve as tutorial.
    Levels get "much more substantial with larger play-areas".
    The YouTube video shows the final 25-30% of the Spikey's Quest level.
    Even the most compact levels can take a while (brain teasers).
    No details on price/release date, just "more information this week on the ngmoco and handcircus blog".

6. emb531

emb531 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Thanks for the news spmwinkel, you should post the actual email text when you get a chance. I can't wait for this game!

7. spmwinkel

Oct 22, 2008
    If someone PMs me his/her email address I'll forward the email so it can be posted. (it's 11pm here and I'm going to sleep soon, if I don't reply I'll try to post it tomorrow morning)

8. emb531

emb531 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Here is the email, some good info for sure

Should be a very interesting week! :cool:

9. spmwinkel

Oct 22, 2008
    Thanks for posting and removing my email address! Forgot about that. :)

10. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    That's good news.
    I was starting to worry about the length.

11. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

I'm not liking that you can't draw lines anywhere. It lets you where its most important, but I'd like to be able to anywhere.

12. matt

matt Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Blogger/Student/Public Relations
    Collins,GA
    Via ngmoco's Twitter

13. spmwinkel

Oct 22, 2008
    I *REALLY* hope that it doesn't involve promo codes, since only US people can take advantage of it and I'm getting a bit tired of it. (Of course I can't blame developers, just Apple, and I'm sure that if I'd be in the US I wouldn't get tired of promo codes *at all*.)

On the other hand, if it involves some kind of introduction discount, then that will probably seal the deal for me. In the beginning I thought "Hmm probably a $10 game, so I won't get it as an early adopter", but now that Simon took away my doubts about the game length, an introduction discount could be the last thing I need to change my mind.