Rolando 2 3GS performance

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by drixz, Jul 3, 2009.

1. drixz

drixz Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Hi all,

I'm aware that there is another main thread that discusses the general aspects of the game however, I tried to post the issue that I had with the game (or rather the 3GS phone itself) but had little luck with responses. Anyway...

To people who has played this game on 3GS, how smooth (as in frame rate) does it runs for you?

I've played a few stages earlier today and was quite happy with the steady frame rates (about 30 I think). I then went on to fiddle with my Bluetooth headsets and see if it could play the sound and musics in game. And to my surprise....

THE GAME RAN ON 60FPS SILKY SMOOTH! Which felt precisely what Hodapp described as "like watching a cartoon".

Unfortunately for me as soon as I quited and jumped back on to the game second time, the game went back to it's original frame rate which is 30fps-ish.

So is it just me who has this issue? I tried several other games like castle of magic, and am starting to suspect it's my 3GS issue as it stutters quite a fair bit. Given the power of the new phone I certainly did not expect hiccups and slowdowns on current games.

I can only come up with a reason is that I restored my new phone using backup from my original 3G phone. Do you guys think that could be the reason?

2. drixz

drixz Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Just did a factory restore last night. Loaded up Rolando 2 and everything ran normally @ 30fps.

Maybe it was just a bug but would be great if hand circus can release some sort of 3GS specific feature like limitting the frame rate @ 60 instead of 30...

3. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    I agree, 60fps would be a welcome addition

4. lubby

lubby Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Try starting the game. See it run at 30. Lock the phone then unlock it. Any improvement in speed?

5. drixz

drixz Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Tried but remains the same :(